21 year old Somali refugee sets herself on fire in Nauru Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Coincidently, I know a Somali woman who did something similar to herself and she was around 20-21.

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Why suicide?
Turnbull to immediately intervene on Nauru.
However, the Nauruan government urged advocates to stop giving refugees and asylum seekers false hope and "stirring up these protests"The local government said in a statement on Monday it was distressed that refugees were attempting "dreadful acts" to influence the Australian government's immigration policies.
It's the second such incident on Nauru within a week, after a 23-year-old Iranian man, known as Omid, set himself on fire during a visit by United Nations refugee officials to the island.

The Refugee Action Coalition identified the female refugee injured on Monday as Hadon, and said she was one of three refugees returned to Nauru last week, after being taken from Brisbane's immigration transit accommodation.
The advocates said she was brought to Australia in November after suffering a head injury.
Senator Hanson-Young said she had been told the woman had burns to 70 per cent of her body.
"The situation on Nauru is spiralling dangerously out of control," she said on

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Subahanallah. I hope it get's better for her. Very heartbreaking to hear this. Nauru is a horrible place.

Hubble

VIP
They're committing suicide, not trying to influence the government as the Nauru authorities claim. Once someone dies they have no chance of getting asylum.ffs what a terrible assumption. I heard that its basically a concentration camp. They're not deported back to Somalia because it's still illegal to do so, and they won't grant them asylum because Australia has strict immigration and asylum laws. It's actually one of the toughest countries to gain citizenship even as a first world country citizen.

Apollo

VIP
They're committing suicide, not trying to influence the government as the Nauru authorities claim. Once someone dies they have no chance of getting asylum.ffs what a terrible assumption. I heard that its basically a concentration camp. They're not deported back to Somalia because it's still illegal to do so, and they won't grant them asylum because Australia has strict immigration and asylum laws. It's actually one of the toughest countries to gain citizenship even as a first world country citizen.

It is strict, but not that strict. All you need is a degree, a couple of years of work experience and a decent IELTS test score. Many UK Somalis could easily apply for migration to Australia. I wonder why only so few do it? It's basically the UK in the sun.

Hubble

VIP
It is strict, but not that strict. All you need is a degree, a couple of years of work experience and a decent IELTS test score. Many UK Somalis could easily apply for migration to Australia. I wonder why only so few do it? It's basically the UK in the sun.

That's pretty fucking strict.

Apollo

VIP
That's pretty fucking strict.

Depends.... millions of people all over the world still qualify. They are only 'blocking' the lower strata of the world's population. In all honestly, it's actually one of the few sane migration policies in the Western world compared to the insane ''all are welcome'' policy of Germany and Sweden.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending