20 year old female and not allowed to travel!!

I'm in a tough predicament. My parents have always been fairly lenient on me and I've never given them a reason to doubt me. I am a full-time uni student and work full-time as well. But my mom refuses for me to go overseas, even countries where I have IMMEDIATE family. They tried to use the religion card on me, but I even stated that I'm willing to pay for my older brothers ticket. My mom had the audacity to say "markaan guri yeelatid"ie when you get married you can travel. Im sick and tired!!! ive been the perfect child and wallahi im heart-broken that my parents would ever refuse such a simple request. Someone help me out!!!!

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I'm in a tough predicament. My parents have always been fairly lenient on me and I've never given them a reason to doubt me. I am a full-time uni student and work full-time as well. But my mom refuses for me to go overseas, even countries where I have IMMEDIATE family. They tried to use the religion card on me, but I even stated that I'm willing to pay for my older brothers ticket. My mom had the audacity to say "markaan guri yeelatid"ie when you get married you can travel. Im sick and tired!!! ive been the perfect child and wallahi im heart-broken that my parents would ever refuse such a simple request. Someone help me out!!!!
Travel to safe countries. Parents have been worried lately due to the long list of cadaan girls getting killed abroad in asia, the most recent one being killed in thailand after being raped by a local man and dumped in the forest.

Always travel with friends or family.

Travel to safe countries. Parents have been worried lately due to the long list of cadaan girls getting killed abroad in asia, the most recent one being killed in thailand after being raped by a local man and dumped in the forest.

Always travel with friends or family.
The place I wanted to travel is where all my immediate family live. Aunts, Uncles from both sides so there is no logical explanation to them saying no.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The place I wanted to travel is where all my immediate family live. Aunts, Uncles from both sides so there is no logical explanation to them saying no.
Okay then i can't understand why. Just sit down an communicate with them your concerns and hear what they have to say.

Just book the ticket without asking and go. Then call them when you’re already in another country. At that point they can only at you over the phone, but after that you’ll be able to travel anywhere in peace.

I’m also planning to go vacation somewhere this summer and I will employ this strategy myself.

Last edited:

"LOL , UNDER HOUSE ARREST BY HOOYO AND ABBO !!!!" :chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::russ::mjlol::lolbron::lolbron::lolbron::lolbron:

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Are you traveling by yourself or with friends? I can see why they would be hesitant if you are going by yourself. I always suggest you should earn your parents’s trust early on, like going couple of days to camping, school trips, etc you can’t just one day come to them and say you wanna go to the opposite side of the world, ease them into it.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
10792.jpg

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Mothers instincts are amazing walaahi. Follow them. Once i visited my mother back in Somalia, coming back to Us, i had something that i thought i could hide in my suitcase, but with her wisdom, she took it away with my protestation. I was mad.

Lo and behold, when i arrived at MPLS airport, my case was random chosen to be checked. Everything was removed. First time.

PS of course i cant tell u what it was lool

Thats sad. I'm 19 and im planning going Barcelona with my friends in the summer. My parents dont care as long as I pay for it myself. But then again when they were a little older than me they went with their own friends on holidays, maybe thats why they're letting me.

Thats sad. I'm 19 and im planning going Barcelona with my friends in the summer. My parents dont care as long as I pay for it myself. But then again when they were my age they went with their own friends on holidays, maybe thats why they're letting me.

Yassie, you are so luck

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Travelling alone as a woman is a lot more dangerous because you're a bigger target than young men.

The world out there is super dangerous but you don't see it because girls get shielded from it.

The shit parents have to deal with :snoop:

I really hope to only end up with sons :mjkkk:

halwa

✨🌙
Mothers instincts are amazing walaahi. Follow them. Once i visited my mother back in Somalia, coming back to Us, i had something that i thought i could hide in my suitcase, but with her wisdom, she took it away with my protestation. I was mad.

Lo and behold, when i arrived at MPLS airport, my case was random chosen to be checked. Everything was removed. First time.

PS of course i cant tell u what it was lool

You can tell me :ulyin:

Just book the ticket without asking and go. Then call them when you’re already in another country. At that point they can only at you over the phone, but after that you’ll be able to travel anywhere in peace.

I’m also planning to go vacation somewhere this summer and I will employ this strategy myself.

That's pretty dangerous I ain't gonna lie. Anything can happen between that time.

@Local Eedo I'd suggest you get your brother to help you out and convince them too if he's down. No reason to say no especially if you have someone coming with you