1st Ethiopia-somali war: Was the Somali Ajuran empire destroyed through 'economic sanctions' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Greetings Fellow Somali's,

The answer to the question that I've mentioned in the thread-title, has been presented in section 6.0 of the my Somali-History video-presentation series.

Please watch it below, and give me some feed back on my youtube channel and on this thread . . . :nvjpqts:

Long live the Dervish dream,

Mahad.M.Hori

Good video on the history of Ethiopia-Somali relations.

If you want more info on the imam gurey's wars you should read futuh al habash. There should be an English translation somewhere.

If you want more info on the imam gurey's wars you should read futuh al habash. There should be an English translation somewhere.

Even the Yibir themselves joined the holy war and sent more than 300 of their men, mashallah.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Madara X why do you use maps made by forums? There is absolutely no proof to these maps. Also what sources do you tend to use?

Madara X why do you use maps made by forums? There is absolutely no proof to these maps. Also what sources do you tend to use?
Looks like typical Wikipedia sources.

Since you're the resident historian maybe you can help him out. Tell him about Habr Magadle :lolbron:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Looks like typical Wikipedia sources.

Since you're the resident historian maybe you can help him out. Tell him about Habr Magadle :lolbron:
kkkkkk I'm Lewis, Habr Magaadle, Richard Pankhurst, Habar Makadaar. Also you can read abtirsi page 82. Although let's not derail mans thread.

Madara x

Sleep soundly

Thanks for the compliment :dabcasar:

Inshallah i will read the book you suggested. It would be even better if you could find the english translation one:nvjpqts::dzmxmmb:

Madara x

Sleep soundly

The maps are a visual representation that support the quotes from the books.
It's supposed to enhance the viewer experience.
What exactly do you mean by there is no proof to these maps?
The quotes are the things you should be focusing on. Quotes are primary, maps secondary.

I used two books for the video-series:
(a) Somalia: a nation in search of the state
(b) Divine madness: Sayyid muhamed abdulle hassan

Madara x

Sleep soundly
kkkkkk I'm Lewis, Habr Magaadle, Richard Pankhurst, Habar Makadaar. Also you can read abtirsi page 82. Although let's not derail mans thread.

Not derailing is a good idea. But i am looking for critical feedback.
So feel free to tell me if any of the content that i've presented is inaccurate or weak or false.

MX,

You may find this source of interest:

https://operationoverload.wordpress.com/2009/04/29/the-ajuuraan-dynasty-of-the-hawiyya/

It is part of the Codka Beesha Direed:

http://beeshadireed.blogspot.com/

"After the successful rebellion of the Darandoolle, other clans began to challenge Ajuraan hegemony. Along the middle reaches of the Shabeelle valley, the pastoral Gaaljacal and Baddi Addo waged several unsuccessful campaigns before they eventually united to drive the Ajuraan out of the area.In the region of the Shabeelle bend, the Geledi clan formed an alliance with the Wacdaan to expel a group of tyrants known as the Silcis, who were either allies of the Ajuraan or their immediate successors in that district. Similarly, the Ajuraan lost control of the town of Marka to a people known as the El Amir (perhaps the followers of a rebellious regional governor), who then ruled that town for thirty-four years. Toward the end of the seventeenth century, the El Amir were in turn defeated and driven out by the Biimaal, whose descendants today occupy the hinterland of Marka."

The Hiraab Imamate centered on Hobyo, the Geledi Sultanate on Afgoye and the Biimaal Sultanate on Marka. The Ajuuraan disintegrated internally, traditionally because of overreach and excessive demands on the subject populations, such as the practice of Primae Noctis. The overview of the Ajuuraan is extensive and worth reading.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
MX,

You may find this source of interest:

https://operationoverload.wordpress.com/2009/04/29/the-ajuuraan-dynasty-of-the-hawiyya/

It is part of the Codka Beesha Direed:

http://beeshadireed.blogspot.com/

"After the successful rebellion of the Darandoolle, other clans began to challenge Ajuraan hegemony. Along the middle reaches of the Shabeelle valley, the pastoral Gaaljacal and Baddi Addo waged several unsuccessful campaigns before they eventually united to drive the Ajuraan out of the area.In the region of the Shabeelle bend, the Geledi clan formed an alliance with the Wacdaan to expel a group of tyrants known as the Silcis, who were either allies of the Ajuraan or their immediate successors in that district. Similarly, the Ajuraan lost control of the town of Marka to a people known as the El Amir (perhaps the followers of a rebellious regional governor), who then ruled that town for thirty-four years. Toward the end of the seventeenth century, the El Amir were in turn defeated and driven out by the Biimaal, whose descendants today occupy the hinterland of Marka."

The Hiraab Imamate centered on Hobyo, the Geledi Sultanate on Afgoye and the Biimaal Sultanate on Marka. The Ajuuraan disintegrated internally, traditionally because of overreach and excessive demands on the subject populations, such as the practice of Primae Noctis. The overview of the Ajuuraan is extensive and worth reading.

Thanks for sharing this valuable information. I'll make sure to look over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.