1990s-2000s Cartoon Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cartoons been with us every since the beginning. Honestly, I feel sorry for the people who've grown up without something like this to look forward too. Gonna make a thread of my favorite cartoon shows. You can also discuss good shows currently going on or shows not on the list as well.

Batman_the_Animated_Series_logo.jpg

I swear Batman: The Animated Series was one of the best tv shows of all times. This show gave me a lot of happy memories and it wasn't afraid to delve into serious topics to children at the time. Kevin Conroy will always bee Batman to me.

All_3_eds.png

If you never had friends like these whilst growing up, you never had friends to begin with. This show mad me laugh tons of time, and all the adult humor that past throw me as a child is even funnier now.

samuraijack_fbsearchTn.jpg

Samurai Jack. Even though this main barely said a paragraph of lines per episode. It was still a beast of a show. The cinematography and the characters were top notch. I was glad that the creators were able to finish the final season. If you wish to watch the show, just be known that season 5 is a lot more darker and gruesome than the other seasons since it hit adult swim.

Boondocks3.jpg

If you never watched The Boondocks, what are you doing man. This show was hilarious since it was very relatable to the setting I live in. The Boondocks is able to hit some topics that most other shows wouldn't. And I really respect them for that. Give this show a go, but be warned that season 4 isn't the best of the seasons since there was a new writer.

e47dd2cc398710b16611e4defaa189c1.jpg

The Grim Adventure of Billy & Mandy. I still have no idea how they put this show on Cartoon Networks air time. This show is hilarious man. Had a lot of good laughs when watching this. I think my favorite episode was that alien brain.

Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-Wallpaper-1827x1191.jpg

Avatar: The Last Airbender. This show is really amazing and more people should watch this. The fight styles are amazing. The characters are well written and the world building is very eccentric. While Season 1 starts of slow it gradually becomes a more serious show. Really you should watch it.

There's obviously more animated shows I love and i'll possible put more in the thread.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
Avatar: The Last Airbender is the GOAT. I remember watching it from the day it premiered until the finale.
:ahh:

I won this book of art from the series, like storyboards and sketches, on this online competition. I remember reading it all the time and trying to draw like that. It was great until one of my younger sisters tore the book into shreds
:kendrickcry:

I might buy it again someday, the price has fallen since it has been released, it's pretty cheap now

Avatar: The Last Airbender is the GOAT. I remember watching it from the day it premiered until the finale.
:ahh:

I won this book of art from the series, like storyboards and sketches, on this online competition. I remember reading it all the time and trying to draw like that. It was great until one of my younger sisters tore the book into shreds
:kendrickcry:

I might buy it again someday, the price has fallen since it has been released, it's pretty cheap now
Yeah, there's a reason why I have Aang as my profile picture.

Yeah, it sucks that you lost the book. But - you don't probably have to buy it. You can most definitely find it online in a pdf file. Or you probably want it to be a real books. Either way I love the sketches before Avatar become a thing.

1517501242894488649.png

Justice League/Justice League Unlimited was a great show that showcased many niche superheroes from the DC universe. I learned to love many of the characters whom I thought I would hate. John Steward, Martian Mannhunter, & Superman were fantastic in this show. Hope they fix the cinematic universe soon.

young-justice-season-three.jpg

Young Justice was another GOAT show from Warner Bros. It's based on the sidekicks of the major heroes of the DC universe. Really love there take on them. Netflix also confirmed a Season 3 of them, you bet i'm watching this.

adventure-time.png

Adventure Time is about a human boy and his brother who is a dog. Honestly this show doesn't really have that much plot surrounding it, but for some reason I really like this show. I think it deserves a mentioning here.

maestro

Cultural revolution
You forgot Fairy Odd Parents, Kim Possible, Chowder, Phineas&Ferb and Ben 10 but the late 2000s aren't as appreciated it seems.

2010s also had some nice shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show and Gravity falls. Also Rick and Morty isn't bad.

This decade was lit looking back at it but we still have 2 more full years to decide if it was better than the previous ones.

Keo

VIP
I stopped watching Cartoon Network in 2007 but these were some of my favourites.
KNDLogo.png

Time_Squad_Logo.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I don't even know how the last one was a kids show. was crazy back then lol

Reborn
I hated cartoons back in day expect for Avatar but I've watched a lot of anime back then so these were some of my favourite 90's shows;

Noir

Isaaq Elitist
FB6BCh3.png

This show was practically my childhood<3

Nu7Ua0D.png

This show will always have a special place in my heart.Watched the reruns so many times.<3

vyGEayo.jpg

Kim Possible is a feminist icon lol I idolized her so much. She's the QUEEN<3

UP8Rmg4.png

Watched this in my teens,but i instantly fell in love with her bleak cynicism and her level of dry sarcasm is unparalleled!Daria is bae<3

baTcX14.png

Another show that played a huge roll in my childhood<3 Don't lie boys...u watched it 2 :p

Winx.jpg

I really liked(obsessed over) the first 3 seasons of Winx Club as a kid...It got way too much glitter even for me later on tho.

lzRqnnc.png

I remember being so obsessed with this show and wanting to be them as a kid! lol

mWOWmZb.png

I related to this show a lot and it gave me a lot of advice on life and an insight on everyday problems in teenage hood, romance and friendship. Pretty much all the stuff you go through in high scchool.

IPu5EdN.png

I watched this when it first came out and i always wanted to know what my life would be like when I turn 16.Sad to say it was nothing like theirs

dlUJald.png

This show was funny as hell and the only one i remember focusing on a colored family<3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending