1977 war could have been won had Barre done this

This has been a common occurance, I was in Addis airport and was ordering food and got chatting to this woman in English that was seating next to me, she asked me if I was Ethiopian, I replied back I am from Somali, I could see the reaction on her face, the disgust, she excused herself and left, they still have deep hatred for us, this battles allowed the Oromo to expand and steal a lot of territory from them, we didn't lose as much as they had to forfeit.

View attachment 293239
medieval numbers are BS real numbers maybe less than 10,000 on adal and about 30 -50k on ethiopia

This CIA report shows why the invasion failed in 1977 and the aftermath.

Stil despite the number disadvantage below, they still pushed to harar and could only be pushed back due to logistical, manpower and lack of support from allies. Lessons for future somali states : Allies dont matter , industry and logisitcs does!! Have spy cells across ethiopia and ensure you have adequate knowledge of ENDF. Doesnt matter the habsha and other foot soldier numbers we can beat them as long as we folow these rules and more importantly go through djibouti corridor and rush dire dawa before taking flat desert in south.

View attachment 293056

Remember ethiopia had 100s of thousands of militias that were not regular soldiers. So real number is up to 3-500k.

Go through report here ill post review of it tomorow.

What shoudl have happened and can happen again preferably:

View attachment 293057

3 - diversionary attacks and deep entrenchments to lure in and pin many ethiopian columns, 3 is alos important farmland and industries so they should be priority and a good bait for ethiopia

2 , 1 -where u launch raids and asaults, these 2 fronts are used to try and divert as much as possible from the important djibouti and lowcaday corridor assault.

4 - mass asault on harar they will rush many men into this but have little to spare for the djibouti border.

5 - Sun tzu "all warfare is deception" this is your main army atleast 10 division strong rushing to diri dhabothen going to garrsion the surrounding highlands and assault harar from the south while the rest rally maleeshiyaad across galbeed to rise up armies 1 2 3 shoudl regroup and begin to assault the ethiopians. The ethiopian army will crumble and rush back across bale and moyale to regroup.

Mine the border , hold referendum, conscript every able bodied male and dig in.

Link?

Trending