18th May Vs. 26th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
This is a Q to my fellow landers

Which day is more deserving of our celebration?

We became an independent nation recognized by 36 countries on the 26th June 1960 thus we should be celebrating on this day!

Let's not limit our history into just 25 years rather than admitting we made a mistake on the very beginning and celebrating the day the first Somali speaking nation was born!

N

NaomiHoney

I think 12 april has huge significances and no one is even recognising it!

I guess this q came from that vid of the professor. I agree it should be original independence day, 18th may should be a smaller celebration with less focus on it.

I agree Prof. Ahmed Ismail Samatar was talking about that in the video in my thread, I think that day should be celebrated more so not only does it feel more inclusive all the clans but to also signify we were the first Independent Somali nation.

Hemaal

VIP
I think 12 april has huge significances and no one is even recognising it!

Ciyaarta dhaaf!
I legit want to know why we value 18th May over 26th June!
We basically handed 26th June to the Wanlaweyn, Why Why Why?

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Waxaan Isaaq ku nacay waa ciyaalnimadaan. 26th June was a great moment for all Somalis. None of this "we were independent before you whilst you were colonised" shit is appreciated. As if that day belongs to some and not others. We will celebrate 26th June, 27th June and 1st July equally to represent freedom for three fifths of the star.

Somalis - broken into five, unite together as one!

18th May imo is similar to the August Puntland. Local autonomy is not the same as independence from colonialism.

26kii June waa maalin ku weyn umada Soomaaliyeed iyo dalka Soomaaliyeed ee Soomaaliya.

Most important days to the Somali people are:

26 June
1 July
21 October

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
I like may 18th. We should never let our offspring forget the halgan.
June 26 will be the national day after SL gets recognition, and May 18th will be a commemoration day or remembrance day:yacadiim:

Oct 21st we should all shit in a Nigerians toilet to remember Siyad barres final resting place:dabcasar:

N

NaomiHoney

Ciyaarta dhaaf!
I legit want to know why we value 18th May over 26th June!
We basically handed 26th June to the Wanlaweyn, Why Why Why?

You think im joking? 12th april 1980 something was the day SNM freed Muhjahid Abdiallahi Askar when he was captured and tortured by the Somali Army. This was a serious and legendary operation. it also coincided with National (somali) army day. They planned to embarrassed Somaliland and SNM by taking Abdillahi Askar to the theatre in front of the nation and executed him. However the night before, SNM Planned an operation to free him. Entering the territory of belonging to the opposition.

i could go into much detail. But y'all nationalist should know. Right?!

:sass2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hemaal

VIP
You think im joking? 12th april 1980 something was the day SNM freed Muhjahid Abdiallahi Askar when he was captured and tortured by the Somali Army. This was a serious and legendary operation. it also coincided with National (somali) army day. They planned to embarrassed Somaliland and SNM by taking Abdillahi Askar to the theatre in front of the nation and executed you. However the night before, SNM Planned an operation to free him. Entering the territory of belonging to the opposition.

Yes I know Hawgalkii Birjeex that's was the name of the Operation!
Mujahid Koodbuur led the mission, AUN

But that wasn't the Q.

N

NaomiHoney

Yes I know Hawgalkii Birjeex that's was the name of the Operation!
Mujahid Koodbuur led the mission, AUN

But that wasn't the Q.

My father was apart of the operation also. :D

Had to make mention somewhere. This seemed like the perfect thread

Hemaal

VIP
My father was apart of the operation also. :D

Had to make mention somewhere. This seemed like the perfect thread

Wow.
My adeer was part of it too, he died while he was on the mission, he got shot as they were leaving the base and told them to leave him so he can keep them off

This is his grave
4Gn2eEV.jpg

:mjcry:

N

NaomiHoney

Wow.
My adeer was part of it too, he died while he was on the mission, he got shot as they were leaving the base and told them to leave him so he can keep them off

This is his grave
4Gn2eEV.jpg

:mjcry:

AUN!!
:(

If im correct, it was my dad who laid him under the tree.

You think im joking? 12th april 1980 something was the day SNM freed Muhjahid Abdiallahi Askar when he was captured and tortured by the Somali Army. This was a serious and legendary operation. it also coincided with National (somali) army day. They planned to embarrassed Somaliland and SNM by taking Abdillahi Askar to the theatre in front of the nation and executed him. However the night before, SNM Planned an operation to free him. Entering the territory of belonging to the opposition.

Snm were tratiors based in ethiopia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending