14 years since 9/11..Where were you when it happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
I was in Toronto and heard the news from a teacher. They sent us home after lunch hour because there was a threat against the city. Never really understood what all of it meant, but no homework for the next 2 weeks was sweet. :krs::ehh:

I was in elementary school. In class. Some lady who worked at the school came in and whispered at my teachers ear.

Class was stopped and we played checkers and other board games for the remainder of class and we went home right after lunch.

Q

Queen Carawelo

I was in 5th grade, I remember my math teacher mrs Yates came in clutching her pearls and said kids please form a line Infront of the class and go to the bus, there be no school tomorrow, we thought something happened in school, they wouldn't tell us anything. Went home and saw it on TV. Relatives in Africa kept calling because they thought the whole Country was under attack..

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
Staff Member
Somewhere in Eastleigh. :kobeok:I was a young cat didn't know what was happening around me at the time so yeah.:diddyswag:

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
I clearly remember it ! It was a sunny still summer day. That morning I just woke up and turned on the Tv and every channel was interrupted and was showing the same footage.

Interestingly I was always in tune with what was happening in the Middle East that I clearly remember, a year before, the first ever Western interview granted by ObL in which the reporter said " what's your next move" and OBL replied " Inshalah you will hear us on the news soon"

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
Staff Member
Ok kids :whoa: I'm a fob :mjcry:but I didn't come in 2011 I came in 04. Would've came earlier but because of 911 we were held back a bit.

And I've never been to xero qaxooti. I came straight from Pl to Nairobi to the 614.:kobeok:

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Ok kids :whoa: I'm a fob :mjcry:but I didn't come in 2011 I came in 04. Would've came earlier but because of 911 we were held back a bit.

And I've never been to xero qaxooti. I came straight from Pl to Nairobi to the 614.:kobeok:
I always wondered why your Somali was on point. How long did you spend in Kenya and do you speak Swahili?

Liibaan

And seek help in patience and prayers
I was in 9th grade sitting in the classroom that morning. The teacher turned on the TV and we watched without yet realizing the magnitude of the situation at hand. Most of the kids in school didn't really take it seriously. No one knew what was happening as of yet.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
Staff Member
I always wondered why your Somali was on point. How long did you spend in Kenya and do you speak Swahili?
Even tho my Somali is kinda trash I taught myself. Never went to school for my Somali reading or writing.:king:

I came to Nairobi at age 10. I was there for 2 years. I forgot the bit of Swahili I picked up. It was mostly bad words tho. :drakelaugh:

McD30

Bored to death
I was walking outside a shop with my Turkish friend. I was going home to get my football kit. Then I saw my female football coach crying and her friend consoling her as they walked past me near the shop (which was close to the football grounds). Then when I got home my mom was cleaning the living room and she got a call within a few minutes of me coming home from my aunt who told her to watch CNN. I didn't understand but I kept watching cause I thought it was important. Got bored and left to play PlayStation.

There was never a football practice again. Her friend died in one of the towers.

Next day, there was a 1 minute silence and for once every kid held his mouth except this one chick who started laughing thinking we'd laugh with her but nah. :ftw9nwa:

Status
Not open for further replies.