1-Ethiopia to begin extracting crude oil in its southeast (Ogaden region)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethiopia is to start extracting the first ever crude oil deposit from Ethio-Somali Region as of tomorrow, The Reporter learnt.

It is to be recalled that back in March, 2018, Poly-GCL, a Chinese company engaged in oil and gas exploration and development project in the Ethio-Somali Regional State, has already discovered oil and natural gas deposits.

The amount of gas reserve discovered by Poly-GCL is estimated to be 6 to 8 Trillion Cubic Feet.

Poly-GCL which signed petroleum development agreement with then Ministry of Mines to the Calub and Hilala gas fields in in Ogaden basin is set to start extraction of the crude oil deposits as of tomorrow.

The crude oil deposit is scheduled to be transported to Addis Ababa and other parts of the country where it will be distributed to cement factories as of tomorrow.

Officials, from both the federal and Ethio-Somali region will attend the inaugural ceremony which will be held on June 28, 2018. The delegation of official including Meles Alemu, Minister of Mines, Petroleum & Natural Gas will arrive in Ogaden.

---------------

The central Somali region will now have a chance at developing. What clans live here and will power shift south from jigjiga? Will illey and liyu survive?

Cheers

Menelik III why are you posting this here? This is unwise. The PM should have not announced it publicly. That is all too early. We should announce it after the pipeline is built and export already started. Now we are inviting trouble in the region before even starting to build the pipeline. Very unwise from the PM.

Ethiopia is to start extracting the first ever crude oil deposit from Ethio-Somali Region as of tomorrow, The Reporter learnt.

It is to be recalled that back in March, 2018, Poly-GCL, a Chinese company engaged in oil and gas exploration and development project in the Ethio-Somali Regional State, has already discovered oil and natural gas deposits.

The amount of gas reserve discovered by Poly-GCL is estimated to be 6 to 8 Trillion Cubic Feet.

Poly-GCL which signed petroleum development agreement with then Ministry of Mines to the Calub and Hilala gas fields in in Ogaden basin is set to start extraction of the crude oil deposits as of tomorrow.

The crude oil deposit is scheduled to be transported to Addis Ababa and other parts of the country where it will be distributed to cement factories as of tomorrow.

Officials, from both the federal and Ethio-Somali region will attend the inaugural ceremony which will be held on June 28, 2018. The delegation of official including Meles Alemu, Minister of Mines, Petroleum & Natural Gas will arrive in Ogaden.

---------------

The central Somali region will now have a chance at developing. What clans live here and will power shift south from jigjiga? Will illey and liyu survive?

Cheers

Menelik III why are you posting this here? This is unwise. The PM should have not announced it publicly. That is all too early. We should announce it after the pipeline is built and export already started. Now we are inviting trouble in the region before even starting to build the pipeline. Very unwise from the PM.
wtf are you talking about you act as if the oil and gas came out your ass kkkk are you dreaming of benefiting from the ogadens natural resources while the innocent Somali people continue to be massacred, jailed, raped . LOL keep dreaming ....

wtf are you talking about you act as if the oil and gas came out your ass kkkk are you dreaming of benefiting from the ogadens natural resources while the innocent Somali people continue to be massacred, jailed, raped . LOL keep dreaming ....
wow cool down. I am not for massacre or rape or anything against Somali people. In fact I have already stated elsewhere If they want independence they should get a referendum. The Somali local community must also benefit and have fair share from the oil export. What I am saying is that the news is simply too early to share with the public since we have few enemies like Egypt & Co. I don't see Ethiopian Somalis as a threat or enmey in anyway. The regional Somali gov. should work quietly with the federal gov. but announcing such sensitive information publicly right now is simply too early and unwise.

wow cool down. I am not for massacre or rape or anything against Somali people. In fact I have already stated elsewhere If they want independence they should get a referendum. The Somali local community must also benefit and have fair share from the oil export. What I am saying is that the news is simply too early to share with the public since we have few enemies like Egypt & Co. I don't see Ethiopian Somalis as a threat or enmey in anyway. The regional Somali gov. should work quietly with the federal gov. but announcing such sensitive information publicly right now is simply too early and unwise.
sorry man I just hate to see oil and gas held at higher regard than Somali lives . also there is no Somali region government abdi Riley and his family is just Tigray killil #2

Bohol

VIP
ADDIS ABABA, June 27 (Reuters) - Ethiopia will begin extracting crude oil on a test basis from reserves in the country’s southeast this week, state-affiliated media and the prime minister’s office said on Wednesday.

Fitsum Arega, chief of staff in Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed’s office, said on Twitter that Abiy had met with officials from Poly-GCL Petroleum Investment Limited to “officially kick-start crude oil production test in Ogaden Region”.

“The company has discovered that there is a prospect of commercial quantities of crude oil in the region,” Fitsum wrote.

The firm is a joint venture of state-owned China POLY Group Corporation and Hong Kong-based Golden Concord Group.

The state-affiliated Fana media quoted Abiy as saying 450 barrels would be produced on Thursday on a trial basis.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-nominee-who-opposes-roe-v-wade-idUSKBN1JN2X0

sorry man I just hate to see oil and gas held at higher regard than Somali lives . also there is no Somali region government abdi Riley and his family is just Tigray killil #2
But things are changing in Ethiopia very fast and we are heading to a real democracy. So I don't think Abdi could hold his position too long. The dissent has already started and I am very confident that all of the regional presidents will be replaced by democratically elected officials.

Look how the youth is chanting "Abdi Illey Leba" Leba = thief in Amharic and is a famous word that has been used to describe all TPLF corrupt officials all over Ethiopia.

But things are changing in Ethiopia very fast and we are heading to a real democracy. So I don't think Abdi could hold his position too long. The dissent has already started and I am very confident that all of the regional presidents will be replaced by democratically elected officials.

Look how the youth is chanting "Abdi Illey Leba" Leba = thief in Amharic and is famous word that has been used to describe all TPLF corrupt officials all over Ethiopia.

I'm agree with you and I welcome the change . TPLF generals are being replaced 1 by 1 and I assume Abdi iley will be last to go. when you destroy a house you start at the top and make your way to the bottom!

Somalis in Djibouti will benefit from this.

Ogaden are poor and illiterate and powerless, that they will be abused and neglected is no surprise.

This is first and foremost our fault. However things can change. South sudan split from sudan by way of the bullet. South sudan recieved backing from the west while sudan had to rely on china. In the end they won. Plus the injir gov hasnt built any pipelines.

This new injir president has been delivering nothing but feel good news and the reason is simple. Uprisings are a serious threat.

Essentially what it comes down is, will ethiopia profit from the oil and gas beneath our feet whilst we starve under a coward puppet oppressive regional regime or not? Remains to be seen.

DDSI will see no profit from this sad day in Somali history
The region has begun to develop somewhat. Once it's connected to Somalia and the dams become operational, it will gain momentum. Plus the region gets a decent chunk of the profits. How they spend it is what will determine development.

@gurey

Profit for Ethiopia is estimated to be 7 billion a year, I would assume the region will get 10-20% share.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
If the Somali region does not get its fair share then the oil diggers will get slaughtered like in 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending