“UN Security Council has affirmed its respect for the sovereignty, territorial integrity and unity of Somalia” - UN Secretary-General.

Readout of the Secretary-General’s phone call with H.E. Mr. Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, President of the Federal Republic of Somalia​

joint_pr_0_0.jpeg

10 Jan 2024

New York – The Secretary-General spoke today with His Excellency, Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, President of the Federal Republic of Somalia, at his request. He took note of Somalia’s concern regarding the Memorandum of Understanding between the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and “Somaliland” announced on 1 January. He recalled that the Security Council has repeatedly affirmed its respect for the sovereignty, territorial integrity and unity of Somalia.

The Secretary-General hopes all parties will engage in peaceful and constructive dialogue and to refrain from any actions that could further escalate the situation.

Source: Office of the Spokesperson for the UN Secretary-General

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Will this continue? I mean war breaks out when 2 forces have intractable ideologies and right now that seems the case. Escalation seems the course and I fear that many will lose their life to this.

Will this continue? I mean war breaks out when 2 forces have intractable ideologies and right now that seems the case. Escalation seems the course and I fear that many will lose their life to this.
Dont Stress mate, Ethiopia does not have the will nor the capital to start or sustain a war. If war does break out it’ll probably be between SL and the FGS. Judging by how things are playing out, and if the rumours about the Eritrean military base are accurate. InshaAllah war doesn’t happen.

Dont Stress mate, Ethiopia does not have the will nor the capital to start or sustain a war. If war does break out it’ll probably be between SL and the FGS. Judging by how things are playing out, and if the rumours about the Eritrean military base are accurate. InshaAllah war doesn’t happen.
War is good it’s time we conquer the secessionist one and for all. I’m tired of the FGS appeasing these people. We have a right to defend our territorial integrity. I say turn Hargeisa into a rubble and charge Muse Bixi with treason.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
If things get worse of Abiy in Ethiopia then I can see him dropping the matter to deal with it. However if that happens I hope the FGS takes the opportunity to end all friendly relations with separatist. Otherwise we'll be in a bigger crisis that may lead to actual conflict.

War is good it’s time we conquer the secessionist one and for all. I’m tired of the FGS appeasing these people. We have a right to defend our territorial integrity. I say turn Hargeisa into a rubble and charge Muse Bixi with treason.
Just drone strike him when he doesn't expect

Trending

Latest posts