“ Eritrea is truly the cradle of civilization in the Horn of Africa.”

IMG_4211.jpeg

We haven’t explored Somalia yet 🤷

For now only Sudan is above Eritrea tbh. Ethiopia comes third. Somalia hasn't been explored yet by archaeologist but once it is I believe lots will be uncovered.

That’s the route our ancestors took coming down into the Somali peninsula. Prehistoric Eastern Sudan/Eritrea is key to understanding our past.
When do you reckon this migration took place? I've heard papers say it was a burst migration from the northern part of sudan/southern egypt. It might be that they haven't left much of a trace, i would presume that it's northern sudan/southern egypt that needs to be explored in depth a bit more sxb

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
When do you reckon this migration took place? I've heard papers say it was a burst migration from the northern part of sudan/southern egypt. It might be that they haven't left much of a trace, i would presume that it's northern sudan/southern egypt that needs to be explored in depth a bit more sxb
Between 4 & 3k years ago.

Some of these Cushitic pastoralist moved rapidly from Egypt/Sudan towards the Rift Valley as demonstrated by the Kadruka study whereby they were found to be matching the ancient pastoralists from the rift valley much further south while others (like us Somalis) took the coastal route. It took much longer for us to reach the horn. Eritrea/ Eastern Sudan is where we stayed for quite some time. This region is the most likely location of the land of punt that traded with Egypt as far back as the old kingdom 4.5K (2500 BCE) years ago!!

IMG_4342.jpeg

I suspect the Gash group to have been our ancestors that traded with Egypt. It fits the bill. It also matches perfectly with the time frame in which we match our E-Y17859 relatives 4K years ago and are now found Egypt-Sinai-Arabia. They migrated the opposite direction (Eritrea/Sudan to Egypt-Sinai-Arabia)

Some of these Cushitic pastoralist moved rapidly from Egypt/Sudan towards the Rift Valley as demonstrated by the Kadruka study whereby they were found to be matching the ancient pastoralists from the rift valley much further south while others (like us Somalis) took the coastal route. It took much longer for us to reach the horn. Eritrea/ Eastern Sudan is where we stayed for quite some time. This region is the most likely location of the land of punt that traded with Egypt as far back as the old kingdom 4.5K (2500 BCE) years ago!!

View attachment 311965

I suspect the Gash group to have been our ancestors that traded with Egypt. It fits the bill. It also matches perfectly with the time frame in which we match our E-Y17859 relatives 4K years ago and are now found Egypt-Sinai-Arabia. They migrated the opposite direction (Eritrea/Sudan to Egypt-Sinai-Arabia)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I am of the opinion that we were part of the A group and then were driving away by the 1st dynasty Old kingdom Egyptians towards the eastern desert. The timeframe matches perfectly with the separation of the two main E-V32 branches E-Z813 (Somali, Oromo etc) and E-Y28701 (Nubian, Beja, Chad). The latter branch E-Y28701 would evolve into the C group culture and Kerma. We E-Z813 folks on the coast would occasionally join them against Egyptians in battle. The land of punt - Gash group situated on the coast is what we would be part off and not the C group.

I am of the opinion that we were part of the A group and then were driving away by the 1st dynasty Old kingdom Egyptians towards the eastern desert. The timeframe matches perfectly with the separation of the two main E-V32 branches E-Z813 (Somali, Oromo etc) and E-Y28701 (Nubian, Beja, Chad). The latter branch E-Y28701 would evolve into the C group culture and Kerma. We E-Z813 folks on the coast would occasionally join them against Egyptians in battle. The land of punt - Gash group situated on the coast is what we would be part off and not the C group.
That makes a lot of sense sxb, it splits around 5000 years ago from northern sudan/southern egypt. A group culture itself were driven south during that time. Thanks for your knowledge.

@The alchemist This hypothesis made by stepaside seems to much more convincing the dates hold up especially taken into account with punt as well as haplogroups, of course i'm none the wiser.

Trending

Latest posts