Would you marry disabled person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marry: You would have to elaborate on the disability. Disabled to the point the she cannot have kids and requires 24hours care? Or wheelchair bound but can still have children and is not mentally disabled.

Stay with partner: If by partner you mean wife, Yes.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
What kind of disability?

I woulfnt marry someone who was paralysed from neck down and needed 24 hour care.

If she has other minor disabilities then I would be fine with it.

QalinQor

Catfish
I had disabled friend (Allah u naxariisto). She was in wheelchair. She was 19. I cried when she told me that she wanted to get married and find love&intimacy but she thought it was hopeless. These days I been feeling kinda lonely and I thought about her. So I wondered about this question.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I had disabled friend (Allah u naxariisto). She was in wheelchair. She was 19. I cried when she told me that she wanted to get married and find love&intimacy but she thought it was hopeless. These days I been feeling kinda lonely and I thought about her. So I wondered about this question.

That's so sad. How did she die?

QalinQor

Catfish
That's so sad. How did she die?

She got really sick after an operation. Sorry didn't mean to tell sad story. I just feel like disability is not much talked about in the Somali community. Is almost shamed. We also have dhaqan nicknaming a person after their disability. So savage!!

AUN to your friend.

To answer the question, I don't know if I would marry a disabled person, but if she becomes disable while we are married, I would stay. I'd hope for her to stay if it was me so why not.

AUN to your friend, as well

Only Disability I can look over is the ability to not have children.

Will I stay with my partner if she becomes disabled. Yes I would.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
Most likely not but if my partner became disable, i would be there! We in this together

:kendrickcry:
AUN!

Also would you stay with your partner if they became disabled?

That is the idea. You marry someone to grow together in life and share burdens while you give comfort to one another when you are in need. When you enjoyed the good healthy years of your partner's life, abandoning ship when tragedy strikes is faithless to me on my part.

But

If I became disabled, and I have the means to get around on my own, I was only incapable of intimacy due to physical impairment, my wife was young, I would not ask her to sacrifice her pleasure in life and she would have to move on. To stay is her choice if she wants to, but I would make clear she is free to fulfill her desires if she wanted so. I don't generally like to ask people to sacrifice for me. I even get up to get my own cup of tea out of the kettle on the stove instead of asking someone to pour me some even if they are willing.

I pray nothing happens to me and to those I care about so we don't get tested.

I am cool with books and TV for company.

I forgot about my PS4 lol. Will get married to gaming. Plus an AI female so advanced might be available as an option for company. Name her Xalimo and all would be set. Then there is no guilty feeling that I am wasting someone else's life for my disability.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
In perfect world we all would want to stay by our partners side but if we are being honest how many would actually do that? And of those that stay resentment is not a joke.

paramedic

Call me ayeeyo
AUN. May Allah make your friend one of those in Jannah.
The Somali community needs to step up on how we treat our disabled.

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
My close friend is deaf.

Despite being well-educated, good-looking and has good personalities, he just can't find a woman.

Sometimes he airs his feelings out, it really makes you feel guilty for him.

In perfect world we all would want to stay by our partners side but if we are being honest how many would actually do that? And of those that stay resentment is not a joke.
Some people actually would tho I think most people would not. Where do u fit in?

If it isn't something minor, like partial deafness, probably not. This may sound harsh, but I don't want to babysit someone for the rest of my life. Furthermore, if their disability is genetic I wouldn't want to risk passing it on to my children.

If they became disabled during our marriage, and I truly loved her I would stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending