With the election of Farmaajo, should Somalia abandon federalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
I believe Somalia now has a nationalistic and responsible government. Now we should hand over the keys and let them fully govern Somalia. Whether they rule justly is a different issue and will be decided at the end of their term.

Discuss.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
He said in his speech he was going to work with the federal states. It would be foolish of him to come after them.

Also it is too early to tell if the government is responsible.

TheLibertarianQuiche

He said in his speech he was going to work with the federal states. It would be foolish of him to come after them.

Also it is too early to tell if the government is responsible.

In responsible, I'm not referring to Farmaajo specifically. We have had over 5 years of government and we should take the next step.

However I think Farmaajo shouldn't go after them but rather coax them to the table.

Federalism favours some more then others I won't deny that, but the reason why federalism has stood so strong is because for the first time govt actually reached the entire country which helps the locals and also gives ppl thier identity in a respective manner, stop focusing on destroying federalism and concentrate on how the country can come
Together to rebuild our army our economy and improve our image to the outside world

TheLibertarianQuiche

Federalism favours some more then others I won't deny that, but the reason why federalism has stood so strong is because for the first time govt actually reached the entire country which helps the locals and also gives ppl thier identity in a respective manner, stop focusing on destroying federalism and concentrate on how the country can come
Together to rebuild our army our economy and improve our image to the outside world

That is correct but I feel federalism has done its job which you stated. Now its time for Xamar to take the reins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending