Why is there Oromo words and images in these pre migration places

Wallahi I’ve been researching some groups and places that confuse me and I’m wondering if the academic here could clear it up
So this is supposedly a kingdom Oromos were fighting against when during the futuh al Habesh. But this also has the same flag as them

1704452371530.jpeg

You also see this with the Kunama who’s main capital is called Barentu’, word with meaning in the Oromos language and look at their flag as well
1704452476428.png

Keep in mind, Oromos never reached Eritrea in their expansion and only went as far as the Tigray region.

Whenever I ask Eritreans this, they get so defensive:wow1:, Kunamas also seem to hate Habesh due to the slave raiding done to them.

NidarNidar

Punisher
Wallahi I’ve been researching some groups and places that confuse me and I’m wondering if the academic here could clear it up
So this is supposedly a kingdom Oromos were fighting against when during the futuh al Habesh. But this also has the same flag as them

View attachment 310052

You also see this with the Kunama who’s main capital is called Barentu’, word with meaning in the Oromos language and look at their flag as well
View attachment 310053

Keep in mind, Oromos never reached Eritrea in their expansion and only went as far as the Tigray region.

Whenever I ask Eritreans this, they get so defensive:wow1:, Kunamas also seem to hate Habesh due to the slave raiding done to them.
I'm guessing you never heard of Agaw? they pretty much live everywhere in Ethiopia.

Their Cushitic, certain things will overlap.
We are also Cushitic though, as well as Bejas and Afars. I don't feel comfortable saying Oromo culture is the pure Cushitic culture pre Abrahamic religion even if its close though. Maybe Oromos influenced them before?

Wallahi now that I think about it, Wouldn't it make sense for the Oromo identity come from unity after fighting habeshas, especially this kingdom which was encroaching on pagan land?

1704463862076.png

They became Christian in the 16th century, then Oromos began to unite and attack them, very interesting history.

The Borana Oromo people of Ethiopia were once in thrall to the Liqimsa, “swallowers”. These were two vile man-eating monsters that looked like elephants, and they demanded a daily tribute of human flesh.

At this rate, the Borana knew they would be exterminated before long. Some fled their tormentors, settling in different areas and starting new lineages. Others went south, but the liqimsa followed them and swallowed them all.

We know that tribes have a habit of telling history through mythology, so could this be a possible reference to Adal and Axum demanding tributes?

Trending