Why is the bar set so low for Somali men?

Stop being retarded.

most somali girls:
  • Fuent in aff Somali and banter with the Eedos
  • Dress well, keep up your grooming
  • Look after your parents and grandparents, take them to appointments, take them out to meals etc & generally treat them well
  • Take your deen somewhat seriously and attend the occassional Friday prayer
idk about the deen but everything else is correct

@attash @Midas prepare to hang on to dear life as I proceed to dunk on both of yall lol

This such a fucking cope wallahi. The only place where any of this is remotely applicable with regard to higher education is the fucking acursed US. And even there, you can go to a community college before going to a state school for a year before graduating.

The only reason people aren't seeing higher education as a viable option in the US is because of the yahudi as f*ck system where the fedral government unwrites these loans to big banks. ANYTIME the federal government foots the bill, things get fucked beyond repair. Look at Bush's bright idea to give to rubber stans loans to people who'd traditionally default and therefore be delinquent on their repayments. This seems like the exact same f*ck-up to me and it's led to the higher education institutes being flooded with retards.But to say that "higher education is worthless because of student debt" is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Degrees are basically used an IQ test at this point and you'll need one to prove to an potential employer of you competence. Barring that, you'll need experience in the field, but good luck trying to find someone willing to take a chance on you when you first enter the job market. Let me guess, you'll resort to the tried and tested "just start a business!" bullshit?
Sxb the vast majority of people just want to clock in and out, not every one is cut to deal with the ball-ache that is starting and running a small business. 9/10 people give up after the first hurdle, and rightfully so. People have rent and bills to pay, children to feed, they can't indefinitely keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole until it finally works.

Watch all the youtube video essays you want and educate yourself on the situation, but take everything in these little videos with a metric f*ck ton of salt. Because for most people, a non-retarded fluff degree and revelant experience in a particular f
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My dear Nak? Where have thau been?

seduction flirting GIF by Arika Sato
I've been busy handling my business, climbing the corporate ladder and getting on the property ladder eedo. Did you miss me?lol

I am so glad a man said it, because when us women say it, they try to gaslight us. These same men, that refuse to work on themselves, will be very upset when their daughters reach marriage age, and they can't find suitable SOMALI husbands for them. I feel sorry for anyone who suffers from mental issues, development issues etc, but if you don't suffer from these things, what's the excuse??

Are we counting Somali women with useless degrees who then go on to work at some unrelated job that doesn't pay well? Not every Somali woman at university is going to be successful. In fact, most dont. How can most expect more than a regular Somali guy who makes around what they do but didn't happen to go to university like other men across ethnic lines do? Universities are 2 to 1 women now. Somali women are disadvantaged but it's overstated and its because we follow the deen and don't do pre-marital relationships. People are supposed to fall in love in while young. You're not supposed to be in your mid 20s or later and start marriage shopping for when it's obvious you're only looking for a provider and to conform to standards. This is the real reason why a man or woman can't find a partner. People want to be loved by their partners, not only with them because of what they can give you. The other thing is that not all Somali women and men who are accomplished or just average are marriage material. There are so many with bad attitudes, no personality, would be unsupportive, or unromantic. You're not owed marriage just because you have a degree when you don't check the boxes where it really matters in a marriage. There's more than enough decent enough Somali man for every decent enough Somali woman.

Last edited:
The trade stuff is b.s . The only people who become rich are those who start their own trade business and have a couple employees. Most trades take a toll on the body on top of the fact that you have most tradespeople have a lowe lifetime earning potential than somebody with a college degree.

Im 32, all my friends that worked in the trades since they were 18 or even early 20’s, fully own their own properties(some multiple properties and paid off) . The ones with degrees are either planning for future purchases or are content renting.

the oil field industry is VERY lucrative a lot certified journeymen make well over 150k in about 6 months of work.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
This such a fucking cope wallahi. The only place where any of this is remotely applicable with regard to higher education is the fucking acursed US. And even there, you can go to a community college before going to a state school for a year before graduating.

The only reason people aren't seeing higher education as a viable option in the US is because of the yahudi as f*ck system where the fedral government unwrites these loans to big banks. ANYTIME the federal government foots the bill, things get fucked beyond repair. Look at Bush's bright idea to give to rubber stans loans to people who'd traditionally default and therefore be delinquent on their repayments. This seems like the exact same f*ck-up to me and it's led to the higher education institutes being flooded with retards.But to say that "higher education is worthless because of student debt" is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Degrees are basically used an IQ test at this point and you'll need one to prove to an potential employer of you competence. Barring that, you'll need experience in the field, but good luck trying to find someone willing to take a chance on you when you first enter the job market. Let me guess, you'll resort to the tried and tested "just start a business!" bullshit?
Sxb the vast majority of people just want to clock in and out, not every one is cut to deal with the ball-ache that is starting and running a small business. 9/10 people give up after the first hurdle, and rightfully so. People have rent and bills to pay, children to feed, they can't indefinitely keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole until it finally works.

Watch all the youtube video essays you want and educate yourself on the situation, but take everything in these little videos with a metric f*ck ton of salt. Because for most people, a non-retarded fluff degree and revelant experience in a particular f

I've been busy handling my business, climbing the corporate ladder and getting on the property ladder eedo. Did you miss me?lol
Nomadic is like 16-19 years old. Bro just seems like a dumbass. Don't take him seriously. Bro would rather work in a warehouse instead of going to uni

Unfortunately, the bar is low for reasons that have already been outlined:

- we're recent migrants for the most part. The bulk of Somalis arrived in the west in late 90s / noughties.

- the majority of Somali parents that arrived in the west were uneducated ( poor grasp of local languages, western customs + education systems). This is understandable ofc, as they were refugees.

- Boys are given more freedom to do as like than girls. Providing you grew up in a nice area, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, as refugees + asylum seekers, Somalis were mostly placed in social housing in troubled, low income areas. In these environments, kids absolutely need direction + a role model (particularly boys). A lot Somali fathers have a hands off approach to parenting. unfortunately, which is a mistake in these circumstances.

The good news is the younger generation is faring better, and it seems we're learning from our mistakes. Long may that continue.

Nomadic is like 16-19 years old. Bro just seems like a dumbass. Don't take him seriously. Bro would rather work in a warehouse instead of going to uni
Uni is very important, however young students should be shown a plethora of options in which they may succeed in.
Specially us that 1st or 2nd gen immigrants we cant afford to go to uni to take a degree in cinematography like say some rich cadaan kid. There should be some sort of roadmap towards a career or skill set that would ensure employment and growth.

nowadays some ppl collect degrees like PokΓ©mon cards, if you can afford to by all means go for it. But if you’re trying to climb the economic ladder and position yourself favourably then you gotta be a lot more calculating in your choice.

im currently regretting and paying for my choices, wasted time getting teaching degree but I won’t say uni as whole is garbage. It’s ridiculous, same way as dismissing trades.

Kisame

Im 32, all my friends that worked in the trades since they were 18 or even early 20’s, fully own their own properties(some multiple properties and paid off) . The ones with degrees are either planning for future purchases or are content renting.

the oil field industry is VERY lucrative a lot certified journeymen make well over 150k in about 6 months of work.
I respect the trades but every old electrician I met when I was young told me to just finish uni. The trades should definitely be an career choice for guys that want to get married young.

The only think I like about the trades is that you can start making money quicker compared to most young men going to college. Those guys with university degrees in stem still have the potential to earn way more than you though.

I could have been making my current salary at a younger age if went into trade school after high school. Still though if i went the trade route i couldn't see myself doing it long term. Id probably want to attend college at one point just so I could become an engineer.

I respect the trades but every old electrician I met when I was young told me to just finish uni. The trades should definitely be an career choice for guys that want to get married young.

The only think I like about the trades is that you can start making money quicker compared to most young men going to college. Those guys with university degrees in stem still have the potential to earn way more than you though.

I could have been making my current salary at a younger age if went into trade school after high school. Still though if i went the trade route i couldn't see myself doing it long term. Id probably want to attend college at one point just so I could become an engineer.
If I can go back in time and fix my f*ck ups. I’d probably work in trades right past high school, make as much as possible until mid 20’s. Invest the money and buy at least 1 property, get married, then go back to uni get degree in tech field by late 20’s early 30’s.

Right now I’m hustling backwards :pachah1:
Got to uni right past high school, indebted myself, took years paying off debt, hated the teaching gig, go back to oil field and try to make as much money while learning to code.

Learn from my mistakes my younger brothers

Kisame

Uni is very important, however young students should be shown a plethora of options in which they may succeed in.
Specially us that 1st or 2nd gen immigrants we cant afford to go to uni to take a degree in cinematography like say some rich cadaan kid. There should be some sort of roadmap towards a career or skill set that would ensure employment and growth.

nowadays some ppl collect degrees like PokΓ©mon cards, if you can afford to by all means go for it. But if you’re trying to climb the economic ladder and position yourself favourably then you gotta be a lot more calculating in your choice.

im currently regretting and paying for my choices, wasted time getting teaching degree but I won’t say uni as whole is garbage. It’s ridiculous, same way as dismissing trades.

"Specially us that 1st or 2nd gen immigrants we cant afford to go to uni to take a degree in cinematography like say some rich cadaan kid"

Most somalis aren't studying degrees they are passionate about though. That's why we have a bunch of niggas going to school for computer science and xalimos studying nursing.

Fun fact Nursing is actually an easier major than most of the engineering majors Somali niggas are majoring in. Xalimos are breaking into the middle class at faster rates than us because of this.

"however young students should be shown a plethora of options in which they may succeed in.

Specially us that 1st or 2nd gen immigrants"

I agree. I just hate when niggas constantly diss college.
Most poor people either join the military, go to college, or enter the trades. Somalis avoided two of those options and mainly chose straight to college.

Kisame

If I can go back in time and fix my f*ck ups. I’d probably work in trades right past high school, make as much as possible until mid 20’s. Invest the money and buy at least 1 property, get married, then go back to uni get degree in tech field by late 20’s early 30’s.

Right now I’m hustling backwards :pachah1:
Got to uni right past high school, indebted myself, took years paying off debt, hated the teaching gig, go back to oil field and try to make as much money while learning to code.

Learn from my mistakes my younger brothers
Almost considered going to the oil fields because I couldn't land a job after I graduated uni. Oil field guys are making like 3k in two weeks.

I applied to hundreds of places and barely got interviewed. Luckily it all worked out in the end but man I was tempted.

"If I can go back in time and fix my f*ck ups. I’d probably work in trades right past high school, make as much as possible until mid 20’s. Invest the money and buy at least 1 property, get married, then go back to uni get degree in tech field by late 20’s early 30’s."

I would legit do the same thing loool. Id make sure to marry a chick with a decent job just incase she can provide while I'm in school full-time.

Trending

Latest posts