What it Means to Be a Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
My God is God alone, no white man, spirit. Islam is much simpler when it comes to the nature and description of God.

No mother of God, no notion of God had to become a man to understand how we feel? God really needs to become the same thing he created so that He can understand the emotions He created??? Why are we condemned to a sin we had nothing to do with? Why is everything blamed on Eve? Why are Christians living differently than Jesus (peace be upon him) did? They don't follow the same rules as Jesus (peace be upon him). He lived as a Jew following the teachings of the Torah, he preached against certain practices of Jews, not the entirety of the Jewish religion. Why is Christianity so different from Judaism? Why after thousands of successive prophets did God all of a sudden decide He will change up his plan and come down to earth as a human? Why is Christianity so radically different from past teachings? Why is the nature of God in Christianity almost like the Roman understanding of God? The plurality of God, and Jesus(peace be upon him) being half-human half-God, isn't that like a Roman demigod?

I don't hate Christians, or hate you for being Christian by the way, although I understand my line of questioning is pretty sharp. These are simply questions I would have to answer to myself before leaving Islam. The beauty of Islam is in it's simplicity. I just don't see or understand how you can go from a strictly and pure monotheistic religion, and adopt a religion that has a white man as a God, who is the son, and his own father, and a spirit all at the same time, whilst being told they're actually all one entity. Even though when you say your prayers you use the three distinctive names...

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
My God is God alone, no white man, spirit. Islam is much simpler when it comes to the nature and description of God.

No mother of God, no notion of God had to become a man to understand how we feel? God really needs to become the same thing he created so that He can understand the emotions He created??? Why are we condemned to a sin we had nothing to do with? Why is everything blamed on Eve? Why are Christians living differently than Jesus (peace be upon him) did? They don't follow the same rules as Jesus (peace be upon him). He lived as a Jew following the teachings of the Torah, he preached against certain practices of Jews, not the entirety of the Jewish religion. Why is Christianity so different from Judaism? Why after thousands of successive prophets did God all of a sudden decide He will change up his plan and come down to earth as a human? Why is Christianity so radically different from past teachings? Why is the nature of God in Christianity almost like the Roman understanding of God? The plurality of God, and Jesus(peace be upon him) being half-human half-God, isn't that like a Roman demigod?

I don't hate Christians, or hate you for being Christian by the way, although I understand my line of questioning is pretty sharp. These are simply questions I would have to answer to myself before leaving Islam. The beauty of Islam is in it's simplicity. I just don't see or understand how you can go from a strictly and pure monotheistic religion, and adopt a religion that has a white man as a God, who is the son, and his own father, and a spirit all at the same time, whilst being told they're actually all one entity. Even though when you say your prayers you use the three distinctive names...
Classic. Perhaps if you were the main victim of sharia you would understand. If you had to compare the scriptures of the two which one would be more peaceful? Take a moment to really think of this. You speak of how Jesus lived his life. In Islam they often say how no prophet can atone for your sins on judgement day except for Muhammad. "Every prophet has sinned greatly except for Muhammad". Now I ask you to compare the lives of the two, who was more peaceful. I understand that Islam teaches that Jesus should be loves but why have him contrasted to a character like Muhammad? Now look at the state of this world. Think about where you see totalitarian regimes, famine, and people killing their own. Is this pattern really by chance or by fate? The bible would answer that question for you.

Now to analyze your line of questioning. I'm not sure how versed you are in the religion but in Islam, we as humans (in Islam) are condemned to a sin that our ancestors committed. Compared to Islam however, in Christianity this sin is drawn from the devil not Eve herself.

Just to let you people know anyone can disguise themselves as an ex-muslim who saw light in their "newfound belief" just to support whatever weak arguments they want to bring up, it's the oldest trick in the book.

Classic. Perhaps if you were the main victim of sharia you would understand. If you had to compare the scriptures of the two which one would be more peaceful? Take a moment to really think of this. You speak of how Jesus lived his life. In Islam they often say how no prophet can atone for your sins on judgement day except for Muhammad. "Every prophet has sinned greatly except for Muhammad". Now I ask you to compare the lives of the two, who was more peaceful. I understand that Islam teaches that Jesus should be loves but why have him contrasted to a character like Muhammad? Now look at the state of this world. Think about where you see totalitarian regimes, famine, and people killing their own. Is this pattern really by chance or by fate? The bible would answer that question for you.

Now to analyze your line of questioning. I'm not sure how versed you are in the religion but in Islam, we as humans (in Islam) are condemned to a sin that our ancestors committed. Compared to Islam however, in Christianity this sin is drawn from the devil not Eve herself.
What is this horse bullshit Islam never said that every prophet sinned except Mohamed please we get it you're a Christian don't spread lies about Islam to further your agenda

You want to compare religions using current state of affairs? If you want to compare religions throughout history then Christianity would lose, severely. I would simply have to look at the Catholic/Protestant history, the crusaders, many Christians even used the bible justify colonization and slavery. Thank goodness I live in a world where I am protected against oppressive Christians. However, that is a human folly, not one about religious doctrine. I blame the people, not their religion. People will just about use anything to rationalize their own whims.

Ah you've misunderstood that about the Prophets. People will go to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) not to get their sins forgiven by him but to intercede on their behalf to ask God to forgive their sins, who is the only one who forgives. I would say Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was just as peaceful as Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him), consider when he said “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."-Mathew 10:34 Also, "From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He will release the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty, like juice flowing from a winepress."- Revelations 9:15
This narrative that Jesus (peace be upon him) was a pacifist is wrong, did he preach for peace, yes, I would say Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon) not only preached peace, but he sought it constantly, when appropriate. For half his prophethood he didn't lift a finger while being persecuted by the Quraish, his followers killed, stoned, tortured, dragged through the streets. He didn't call for blood then, he called for patience. I know about the life of Jesus (peace be upon him), however, I do as well know about the life of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), I invite you to learn about the good he's done in his lifetime. Not an invitation to convert you, however, just so you can understand how over a billion people in the world love him. It doesn't make sense for people to love the Prophet Muhammad that you have in your mind, perhaps there's a different version.

To your last point, as Muslims we don't believe that we are here because Shaytan sinned, we were always meant to be here, Adam and Eve (peace be upon them both) were always meant to come down, it wasn't a consequence of disobeying God's command. God had already forgiven them, why punish them after He already forgave them?
Watch this short clip on that, it starts at this part, don't have to watch the whole thing

Last edited:
Yea no offense and she thinks majerteen are higher than dhulos in the caste system. They have adopted wat too many midgaan and other caste clans to be the most noble. Tbh dhulos are the most noble by far.

A midgan somali must have taken your woman. You seem obsessed with them brothers. Get off their dick and iska celi gabadha without bringing up other somalis into your trash talk.

And adopting others is a form of civility and inclusion. What is wrong with seeing a somali as equal enough to marry them and incorporate them into your family?

That is strength saxib.

Being Christian is truly a gift. I love my God and Savior Jesus Christ so much. It's because of HIS eternal love that I can be in Paradise with HIM. HE is the reason why I breathe. Love you Jesus!

OP, do you listen to Cece Winans? She does amazing Christian gospel music...I can never listen to one of her songs without crying!

"Must then a Christ perish in torment in every age to save those that have no imagination"

- George Bernard Shaw, Saint Joan, Epilogue

Last edited:

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
You want to compare religions using current state of affairs? If you want to compare religions throughout history then Christianity would lose, severely. I would simply have to look at the Catholic/Protestant history, the crusaders, many Christians even used the bible justify colonization and slavery. Thank goodness I live in a world where I am protected against oppressive Christians. However, that is a human folly, not one about religious doctrine. I blame the people, not their religion. People will just about use anything to rationalize their own whims.

Ah you've misunderstood that about the Prophets. People will go to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) not to get their sins forgiven by him but to intercede on their behalf to ask God to forgive their sins, who is the only one who forgives. I would say Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was just as peaceful as Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him), consider when he said “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."-Mathew 10:34 Also, "From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He will release the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty, like juice flowing from a winepress."- Revelations 9:15
This narrative that Jesus (peace be upon him) was a pacifist is wrong, did he preach for peace, yes, I would say Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon) not only preached peace, but he sought it constantly, when appropriate. For half his prophethood he didn't lift a finger while being persecuted by the Quraish, his followers killed, stoned, tortured, dragged through the streets. He didn't call for blood then, he called for patience. I know about the life of Jesus (peace be upon him), however, I do as well know about the life of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), I invite you to learn about the good he's done in his lifetime. Not an invitation to convert you, however, just so you can understand how over a billion people in the world love him. It doesn't make sense for people to love the Prophet Muhammad that you have in your mind, perhaps there's a different version.

To your last point, as Muslims we don't believe that we are here because Shaytan sinned, we were always meant to be here, Adam and Eve (peace be upon them both) were always meant to come down, it wasn't a consequence of disobeying God's command. God had already forgiven them, why punish them after He already forgave them?
Watch this short clip on that, it starts at this part, don't have to watch the whole thing
Jesus was a pacifist and to water down Jesus in order to exalt Muhammad is truly disgusting. Jesus never fought a single war whereas Muhammad made his career off of killing Jews, polytheists and his own tribesman. That verse was not literal, if it were Jesus would have killed humans like Muhammad.

And to really say that Adam and Eve were meant to come down means nothing, predestination is a thing for all religions. For humans to come down to Earth as a gift (in Islam) shows that your God must really hate you. Your God sent you down to Earth just to force some of you to go to hell, I'll pass. In Christianity regardless of how much you sin as long as you believe in the Lord you go to heaven whereas in Islam your good deeds must outweigh your bad deeds. This explains why you have women being stoned to death so they can go to heaven, I'll pass.

Jesus was a pacifist and to water down Jesus in order to exalt Muhammad is truly disgusting. Jesus never fought a single war whereas Muhammad made his career off of killing Jews, polytheists and his own tribesman. That verse was not literal, if it were Jesus would have killed humans like Muhammad.

And to really say that Adam and Eve were meant to come down means nothing, predestination is a thing for all religions. For humans to come down to Earth as a gift (in Islam) shows that your God must really hate you. Your God sent you down to Earth just to force some of you to go to hell, I'll pass. In Christianity regardless of how much you sin as long as you believe in the Lord you go to heaven whereas in Islam your good deeds must outweigh your bad deeds. This explains why you have women being stoned to death so they can go to heaven, I'll pass.
This is not true again. have you ever learned about Islam cause I doubt it anybody that's Muslim goes to jannah

You've ingested quite a lot of misinformation, about the life of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). I don't think it's logical to read the biography of someone when it's written by people who don't like him, who twist facts, and pull things out of context. Lastly, many Christians don't believe in Jesus the Pacifist, only a few do (Quakers), many however rather believe him to be a proponent for peace, who recognizes that in certain appropriate cases one may exert force to defend oneself, and establish for themselves a life free of persecution. Many Christians are currently awaiting his return as a warrior for peace not a pacifist. So unless you're a Quaker you're going against what most of Christians attest.

Humans didn't come down here as a gift, and this fact was not a matter of predestination, I think you misunderstood what it meant. The point that Adam and Even were meant to come down actually means and says a lot, first it undermines Christianity's fundamental notion of the Original Sin. It's where belief in the Jesus (peace be upon him) as the son of God (authubillah) is hinged on. Adam and Even committing that sin is what's needed for us to be forgiven in Christianity, and seek salvation from Jesus. In Islam, Adam and Eve eating the apple was a necessary step for them to prepare themselves for coming down onto Earth, it was their first act of free will. Not their first act of sin.

Lastly, you mention something I equally have trouble understanding. Christianity has made going to heaven to easy a thing, simply believing in God is enough. That is too cheap. What about all the murderers, rapists, child molesters, gangsters, corrupt statesmen, and tyrannical leaders? Is belief really enough for them to enter heaven? In Islam we believe, absolutely, no one will enter heaven solely on the merit of their good deeds. Only with the mercy of Allah can we enter heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending