What Is Your Aqeedah and Why?

i’m trying to learn more as a layman and would like to know what is your aqeedah and the reasons why?
i follow ash'arism. especially the ash'arism of imam Ghazali (this is the one am most familiar with). The reason being that through it, i was able to have some fundamental questions about islam answered in a reasonable way (things like existence of God, the theory of evolution, proofs for why the prophet was a genuine prophet, etc).

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Aqeedah salaf as saalih Alhamdullilah.

Qur'an and sunnah upon the understanding of the salaf as saalih. That's the only way.

You love ghazali so much yet he renounced asharism
where did he do that? i have seen quotes of the imam where he talks very harshly about kalam, but in those cases, he immediately starts to talk about a state/method that is superior to kalam (sufism). I will get started on sufism once i get time inshalah, but for now, asharism works perfectly fine for me

World

VIP
I recommend al aqeedah al tahawiyyah

This book is accepted by all Muslims for Aqeedah whether Hanbali, Maturidi or Ashari. There is a consensus.

As a Muslim it has everything you must know and believe in.

Hamzza

VIP
My creed is the Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamah and Asharis, Maturidis & Azhari, neo-Hanbali/Athari(Ashari larpers) are not part of it. Alhamdulillah

Our go-to books are

-Kitab Al Tawheed by Ibn Khuzaymah
-Kitab Al-Sunnah by Abdullahi Ibn Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal
-Sharh Al Aqeedah Al Tahawiyah by Ibn Abi Izz
-Sheikhul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah's golden trio Aqeedtul(Hamawiyyah, Wasitiyyah and Tadamuriyyah)
-Kitab al-Radd `ala al-Zanadiqa wal-Jahmiyya by Imam Ahmed

And many more

الحمد لله I'm a sunni from ahlu Sunnah wal jam'a (al salafiyah) and I currently study islamic studies and recommend

-القواعد الاربعة
-الاصول الثلاثة
-كشف الشبهات
-كتاب التوحيد

Trending