What if all Muslims in the Horn of Africa formed a country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mjs and habar gidirs can't share galkacayo. Isaq and dhulbahnate can't share sanaag. Marehans and ogadens can't share kismayo. Habar gidirs and dirs can't share middle shabeele. Madhibaans, reer hamars, barawas and Madowwayn are looked down on and discriminated against. Surely those problems have to be more pressing than wanting to have Muslim unity between all the horners. We cannot live together and not only are we Muslims, we are all Somalis, how do you suppose your Muslim unity proposal will work?

I'm not advocating for this greater hoa country, but maybe this false homogeneity is a part of the cause of somalia's problems. after all why can't hartis get along, but afars and somalis in djbouti can coexist?

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I am not advocating for this before we Somalis fix our problems, rather after. It would be stupid to propose union with other Muslims from different ethnicites when you haven't united those that surround you.

I'm not advocating for this greater hoa country, but maybe this false homogeneity is a part of the cause of somalia's problems. after all why can't hartis get along, but afars and somalis in djbouti can coexist?
Somalis are homogeneous tho? Where is the false in that? We have a tendency to compromise with others where there are conflicts, but we don't cut Somalis the same slack. The Somalis in jabuuti are mostly dir and dirs don't cause problems wherever they are. They are in Somalia and Kenya, and you hardly hear them doing the things the 3 other major clans do.

Somalis are homogeneous tho? Where is the false in that? We have a tendency to compromise with others where there are conflicts, but we don't cut Somalis the same slack. The Somalis in jabuuti are mostly dir and dirs don't cause problems wherever they are. They are in Somalia and Kenya, and you hardly hear them doing the things the 3 other major clans do.

you say we're homogeneous but even you just admitted right now that some clans are more trouble than others, we might be genetically similar, but politically, we're incompatible. I actually think certain nonsomali ethnicities would be easier to co-exist with than some somali clans.

you say we're homogeneous but even you just admitted right now that some clans are more trouble than others, we might be genetically similar, but politically, we're incompatible. I actually think certain nonsomali ethnicities would be easier to co-exist with than some somali clans.
Like? give examples.

examples of the other ethnicities that we can get along. Why do you think we can get along with others if we can't get along ourselves?

like the afar for example. the dir are much happier living along side them, than they would be subjugated under hawiye/darood rule in somalia. The afar are more complacent people where major somali clans have an entitlement complex.

like the afar for example. the dir are much happier living along side them, than they would be subjugated under hawiye/darood rule in somalia. The afar are more complacent people where major somali clans have an entitlement complex.
The afars are very small tho. If all the afars were brought to somalia, they would be around 10% of the population. Do you think we could get along with oromos?

The afars are very small tho. If all the afars were brought to somalia, they would be around 10% of the population. Do you think we could get along with oromos?

there's too much bad blood between us and the oromo. And who's talking about bringing afar to somalia? even if we were to co-exist with them they would stay where they are

there's too much bad blood between us and the oromo. And who's talking about bringing afar to somalia? even if we were to co-exist with them they would stay where they are
Then what are we discussing? OP would welcome oromos and others because they are muslim(while he's right in that), he also hates certain somali clans because of land disputes. I was attacking him on that alone. I want to see somalis supporting each other and living in peace with each other. Just because we haven't completely embraced each other yet, it doesn't mean cohabiting with non somali would be better. We don't know that. The somali ethio wars(oromos included) have been going for 600 years, and that's from confirmed history. I don't see how it would ever work.

All in all, I am against the idea of running around with wild ideas like these ones while at the same time promoting more hate and divisions among the already existing communities in the land.

Then what are we discussing? OP would welcome oromos and others because they are muslim(while he's right in that), he also hates certain somali clans because of land disputes. I was attacking him on that alone. I want to see somalis supporting each other and living in peace with each other. Just because we haven't completely embraced each other yet, it doesn't mean cohabiting with non somali would be better. We don't know that. The somali ethio wars(oromos included) have been going for 600 years, and that's from confirmed history. I don't see how it would ever work.

All in all, I am against the idea of running around with wild ideas like these ones while at the same time promoting more hate and divisions among the already existing communities in the land.

I was disagreeing that being able to not live along side other somalis in peace would automatically mean non somalis would be even more difficult. because even sub clans of the same tribe, will align themselves politically with other ones so the whole blood thing goes out the window. oromo are too large and dangerous of a group, but I think somalia were to unite small muslim tribes like afar and the hararis it would paradoxically calm a lot of tension between somali clans :ftw9nwa:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Then what are we discussing? OP would welcome oromos and others because they are muslim(while he's right in that), he also hates certain somali clans because of land disputes. I was attacking him on that alone.
Are the Oromos and Afars homeless or something? Why do they need to come to OUR land when they have their own? I've never said I hated Somali clans because of land disputes you stupid enslaved caghdeer. Your people are the ones who are using Kenyan troops to take over Dir, Madow and Raxanweyn land. And you are talking about me? What land disputes do I have with any Somali clan? Somalis share the Awash river and Djibouti with the Afars, and they share Dire Dawa & Haraghe with the Oromos.

I want to see somalis supporting each other and living in peace with each other. Just because we haven't completely embraced each other yet, it doesn't mean cohabiting with non somali would be better. We don't know that. The somali ethio wars(oromos included) have been going for 600 years, and that's from confirmed history. I don't see how it would ever work.
You can sacrifice your whole life for your culture, and then a disease could come 10 years later that kills every single ethnic Somali. What then? You would have sacrificed your whole life for nothing. Instead of spending your life about WHAT you are, you should spend your life for what you CAME for. Culture comes and goes, there were more superior cultures living in Somalia that built ancient cities, and where are they now? There was never a Somali and Ethiopian war either, it was a Muslim and Christian war. Don't lie. There is no proof that Ahmed Gurey was even a Somali! The Oromos at that time were pagans, and now most of them are Muslims. They sacrificed more fighting against Abyssinia then your ancestors ever did.

Last edited:

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
The Somali's all united under the ICU, were it not for the West and Ethiopia, they would be ruling all of Somalia today.

All Muslims in the Horn have historically united under Ahmed Gurey and the Adal Empire to defend themselves from the Christian highlanders.
Islamic courts were Hawiye warlords with new clothes, don't fool us with that nonsense :russ:

Khathead

tfw no habesha gf
What's with some Somalis begging foreigners? :birdman: We already got tons of Oromo beggars and nigga wants more

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
Ethiopia is not really a Christian country, it is portrayed as a Christian country because of the biblical term but in reality it isn't, the country is new and was invented through brute in the late 1880s by the Abyssnian who were barely a state but an enclaved village in the Gondar region along with their cannon fodding Tigrays in the Mekelle region while the entire Horns were under Muslims and Pagan groups of the South hence why the Abyssinia famously quoted their lands being an Island surrounded by Mohameddans and Pagans. Today, the population have been skewed by the Highland ruling elites and you can tell by the ethnic population, demographics and the region they hold.

The majority of the regions in Ethiopia are owned by Muslims adding the fact that the overwhelming population other than Amhara and Tigray are Muslims and Cushitic. Also, there are 10 million Amhara Muslims. The same can be said for Eritrea where the Highland ruling elites also skewed the population - all of the ethnic groups are predominately Muslims while the Tigrinya isn't.

Also, the Horns of Africa is like the Balkan. Albanians have the upper hand in the Southern Balkan along with the Bosnians and Herzegovina, Kosovo and a significant Muslim population in Macedonia. Yet, are completely subdued by the Serbians who have historic hatred for them (they never recognized them and called them Ottoman Turks till this day) and would never allowed a Muslim to run in the Balkan. The same for the Horns where the Oromos have the upper hand in Ethiopia, Somalia in the vast region and Tigre-Afar and Sahin the Lowland but are completely subdued by the minority Highland ruling elites.

And you are wrong, no one want to be under them even the "Habesha". They have suffered horrendous under the Amara led-Ethiopia and the rise of Afewerki regime in the 1980s through conflict, deliberate famines, ethnic cleansing, hatred, discrimination and so on. In fact, Eritrea and Ethiopia have suffered hundred times far more than the Somalians who are mostly responsible for their own mess due to tribalism, the others did not and were discriminated and oppressed directly by their Highland led-regime so what makes you think they are a threat to Somalia? Do they even care when they have a bigger problems to deal with in their home country?

Last edited:

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
Give every ethnic, tribe and clan their resources, land and able to police their own people without interference from their neighbors and make peace then this will reduce migration from one and another. Bingo!

Status
Not open for further replies.