what are some startups that Somalis in the diaspora would benefit from?

anything that allows us to safeguard our culture and deen like.

Somali adoption agency to save all the kids being raised by gaals in foster cares.
Somali Islamic Bank?

add others.

anything that allows us to safeguard our culture and deen like.

Somali adoption agency to save all the kids being raised by gaals in foster cares.
Somali Islamic Bank?

add others.
Somalis are not large enough to become your only customer and make profit, you have to sell stuff to white people which is difficult because they are very picky consumers.

Islamic bank doesn’t make money. It’s halal yes but it’s not worth it.

Somalis are not large enough to become your only customer and make profit, you have to sell stuff to white people which is difficult because they are very picky consumers.

Islamic bank doesn’t make money. It’s halal yes but it’s not worth it.
I think Somalis in Minnesota, London etc... are a good target audience. You can certainly make money off them. About the Islamic bank one I agree, that one would have to be non profit.

What are you exactly going to sell to make it worthwhile?
I was thinking online suuq somali, no more going to xalaal store to get your food.

I was also thinking of an online marketplace for Somali businesses that sell stuff. A lot of Somali women sell products and clothing lines, some use stores while others use ecommerce sites. What if you could have a suuq.com to connect buyers and sellers, with sellers paying small fee to sell on there? Too ambitious?

We should just concentrate on taking over financially in general . Somali controlled funds should be the end goal use that money to create and preserve real enclaves this is probably the best way to preserve our culture and deen.

I was thinking online suuq somali, no more going to xalaal store to get your food.

I was also thinking of an online marketplace for Somali businesses that sell stuff. A lot of Somali women sell products and clothing lines, some use stores while others use ecommerce sites. What if you could have a suuq.com to connect buyers and sellers, with sellers paying small fee to sell on there? Too ambitious?

Starting an online store in Somalia is a bit difficult as I was told by a couple of guys who tried it in 2019, to establish an online business there.

Theirs so many challenges like no address, and payment systems but the biggest problem they encountered were skepticism. People were worried about getting ripped off or they felt they get a better deal by haggling.

If you can overcome these problems you will make money.

Starting an online store in Somalia is a bit difficult as I was told by a couple of guys who tried it in 2019, to establish an online business there.

Theirs so many challenges like no address, and payment systems but the biggest problem they encountered were skepticism. People were worried about getting ripped off or they felt they get a better deal by haggling.

If you can overcome these problems you will make money.
somalia is broke, who is going to buy shit there? I was talking about wealthy somalis in the diasopora, and there are a lot. I was talking about places like London, Minneapolos, Toronto and Melbourne. What do you think?

somalia is broke, who is going to buy shit there? I was talking about wealthy somalis in the diasopora, and there are a lot. I was talking about places like London, Minneapolos, Toronto and Melbourne. What do you think?

You can try, but the competition is insane. You have to come up with an original idea to make it in the west.

Real estate!!! There is a lot of wealth going into Kenya for real estate because there isn't interest free mortgages in the West. Also Somalis don't have access to much capital here too. Owning a house is the first step to building wealth for the middle class and Somalis are largely excluded from that market. Maybe some sort of crowdfunding/property development.

There are many types of startups that Somalis in the diaspora might find beneficial, depending on their interests and goals. Some ideas for startups that could potentially be successful among the Somali diaspora include:
Online language learning platforms, Online social networking platforms, Online marketplaces, Cultural exchange programs,Health and wellness resources
Overall, the key to success for any startup targeting the Somali diaspora is to identify a need or gap in the market and develop a unique and valuable solution to meet that need.

Trending