We need a somali music revolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally

I DON'T LIKE SHIT
When will Somalis get tired of trumpet sounds in their music? It's the same jazz, doo doo wop wop sound from the 70s-80s.

Anybody know what I'm taking about? Check out any somali music on YouTube, and tell me it don't sound like something British colonials played during a march through Sahara deserts.

Apollo

VIP
Bantus make better music than Somalis.

Lol, seriously they do. And I don't mean those in Somalia but those from other African countries.

Somalis should mix it up to be honest. Put music into different categories like other nations.

Modern day Somali music: Sounds all the same feels like some 80s shit perhaps this is due to stagnation and zero market/demand.
Traditional: Root music ( I know plenty and they sound authentically good)
Classical: Piano, violins,etc and (Perhaps traditional instruments)
Ballads: (I.E only heard a handful in my lifetime quite pleasing to the ear.)
Pop: Fun music.
Rap:

Musicians/Singers also need vocal lessons and training, this will increase the quality of the music. Somali language is by far the most beautiful African language and with easy nice flowing sounds when sung, it can be pretty popular if invested in and devoloped.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I dnt know but I Heard somewhere thers like one guy who does 95 ´% of all the Music sounds for all songs he lives in america

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I generally hate Somali music except that 70s propaganda shit that makes me want to knife an Ethiopian

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
The jigjiga sound is live here in Arabsiyo, gebiley and hargeisa, style is unique and sounds better than that bk xidigaha geeska ish

my fav atm, bang this in my toyota crown mark 2222222

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
That era will never be back sadly. We have idiots who use autotune now that sing about nothing.
Somali female singers back in the day had style, voice and grace.

Wally

I DON'T LIKE SHIT
The jigjiga sound is live here in Arabsiyo, gebiley and hargeisa, style is unique and sounds better than that bk xidigaha geeska ish

my fav atm, bang this in my toyota crown mark 2222222

:camby:GTFO with your mexican flag. You didn't reply to none of my PMS. I feel hurt. You're moving like snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts