U.S. and intl community SLAMS Somaliland elders for bogus democracy and delaying elections for years

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Guurti has overreached their powers, unilaterally extending the election date.
These old men have too much power and nobody is even questioning them.
We've become a Gerontocracy. :bell:

The Guurti has overreached their powers, unilaterally extending the election date.
These old men have too much power and nobody is even questioning them.
We've become a Gerontocracy. :bell:

As donors, we have been clear on extensions of mandate and delay of elections, as well as their implications. The Somaliland Government’s credibility is at stake and significant investments are being lost. Regrettably, as previously stated, donors will not cover the costs that these delays will incur.

The West is finally growing a spine.

I told y'all assistance will be met with conditions but y'all didn't believe me.

The West is finally growing a spine.

I told y'all assistance will be met with conditions but y'all didn't believe me.

They already said that the last time it was delayed. So far it's only pertaining to election costs, which can easily be covered but they may get more drastic next.

executive branch, arent they the ones delaying the election
Yes, and the parliament is suppose to check them and make sure the elections are held on time. But they've went along with all these delays with almost zero opposition. There is no check and balances. As long as they're getting their monthly payments they're happy.

It's a shame if they would've hold the election this march I could vote but I am leaving Somalia this summer.

Somaliland is a failed democracy. The last election was 2010! And yet they are acting tough saying we have 'one man one vote'

Whats the point of one man one vote if you can't even hold election every 4 years :lol:

I love the international community, they know Somalia is a fragmented society and cannot balkanise. I wish they would do something about Ethiopians funded of Al-Shabab

They aren't very good at being obedient servants. The SL admin cannot follow the instructions of their anglo-zion overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending