The Weeknd is #1 currently on spotify

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
There's somali singers but they’re ass (like this one girl in my head but I forgot her name she's like 29). The last good western artist we've had was K'naan wallahi that's sad 10 years of nothing so far.
He'll always be remembered for his part in the first world cup on African soil:

Sad Cry GIF

Xoxoxo

VIP
There's somali singers but they’re ass (like this one girl in my head but I forgot her name she's like 29). The last good western artist we've had was K'naan wallahi that's sad 10 years of nothing so far.
Amaal?
She flopped for a reason, there’s not really anything that makes her stand out.

She reminds me off the Muni long types (short story in all: Muni never popped off and rebranded herself, like Amaal, but shit still isn’t working), A very typical R&B chick from the late 2000s early 10s.

but R&B isn’t hitting anymore, it’s a genre that isn’t popping as much as it did in the past. Amaal is just shooting herself in the foot because R&B in its full core isn’t relevant.

K’naan really was popping in a time where artists like him were appreciated which was great! He has an amazing long standing musical career, can’t say the same about Amaal. She’s mimicking other artists and is just selling very poor.

this just shows that being talented isn’t enough, you have to be creative which she isn’t. K’naan wasn’t only talented but also fucking creative and was doing his own thing in his own lane without mimicking other rappers at the time. Amaal is mimicking other R&B female artists (ehum, summer walker, ehum) but just sings in a lower tone.

Her still not popping off while she rebrands herself just shows that a famous singing career just isn’t for her.

Xoxoxo

VIP
Amaal?

She reminds me off the Muni long types (short story in all: Muni never popped off and rebranded herself, like Amaal, but shit still isn’t working), A very typical R&B chick from the late 2000s early 10s.

but R&B isn’t hitting anymore, it’s a genre that isn’t popping as much as it did in the past. Amaal is just shooting herself in the foot because R&B in its full core isn’t relevant.

K’naan really was popping in a time where artists like him were appreciated which was great! He has an amazing long standing musical career, can’t say the same about Amaal. She’s mimicking other artists and is just selling very poor.

this just shows that being talented isn’t enough, you have to be creative which she isn’t. K’naan wasn’t only talented but also fucking creative and was doing his own thing in his own lane without mimicking other rappers at the time. Amaal is mimicking other R&B female artists (ehum, summer walker, ehum) but just sings in a lower tone.

Her still not popping off while she rebrands herself just shows that a famous singing career just isn’t for her.
Btw for anyone who brings up “BuT sZa MaKeS r&B mUsIc”, no she doesn’t.

SZA is a (pathological) Pop artist who dabbles in R&B, Pop, Hip Hop & alternative. Mixing up genres is the new hot thing.

Amaal?

I agree 100%. You have to be creative & talented to ever pop off. The Weeknd is a character of Abel's drug ridden homeless past for example, almost every big song he releases is singing about him regretting his past life choices & owning up to it. He has really good art directions in his music videos too. & as of late je brought 80's sound back from the dead & somehow managed to make it sound modern too. Amaal just sings about whatever, and it's not even that good (no offence to her).

Xoxoxo

VIP
I agree 100%. You have to be creative & talented to ever pop off. The Weeknd is a character of Abel's drug ridden homeless past for example, almost every big song he releases is singing about him regretting his past life choices & owning up to it. He has really good art directions in his music videos too. & as of late je brought 80's sound back from the dead & somehow managed to make it sound modern too. Amaal just sings about whatever, and it's not even that good (no offence to her).
THANK YOU YOU GET IT!!!!

the Weeknd and Abel aren’t the same person. The Weeknd is a character from Abel’s past, the Weeknd character quote on quote was born when the Weeknd had an argument with his mom and she kicked him out: in the Weekend because of his addiction & drugs problem. That’s why he uses his stage name. This artistic side off him popped off but doesn’t represent Abel Tesfaye, it is a gimmick a character and something a lot of musicians use and I genuinely love wallahi!

thank you for pointing out she isn’t a good singer, in fact you’re right she’s bad. Her singing in the past was more so screeching and right now she adapted the breathy type of vocal that’s also used by everybody and their mama’s. Do we even know who Amaal is as an artist? Not really. We do know who Abel is as an artist. She has no creative/art directions, has not even pushed out one song that represents her as an individual, and is an actual gimmick. She’s either using this as a cash grab or actually really is bad doing it (I’ll say both.) she just does whatever and takes a long ass break for no apparent reason (btw artists who just started out never take a long break at all, which she did and that costed her hype & fans).

Her recent EP wasn’t necessarily promising but was actually interesting, but not something actually iconic or really representing her as an artist. I can see Muni, Summer walker, Kehlani and any other R&B female artist sing those songs. It doesn’t scream Amaal at all.

Even though SZA is a pathological liar, her music really represents her self alot. I can’t see another female sing those songs or put out those albums, CTRL was really her raw self, alongside her EP “Z”. They showed who SZA is and what we can expect from her which I genuinely love.

THANK YOU YOU GET IT!!!!

the Weeknd and Abel aren’t the same person. The Weeknd is a character from Abel’s past, the Weeknd character quote on quote was born when the Weeknd had an argument with his mom and she kicked him out: in the Weekend because of his addiction & drugs problem. That’s why he uses his stage name. This artistic side off him popped off but doesn’t represent Abel Tesfaye, it is a gimmick a character and something a lot of musicians use and I genuinely love wallahi!

thank you for pointing out she isn’t a good singer, in fact you’re right she’s bad. Her singing in the past was more so screeching and right now she adapted the breathy type of vocal that’s also used by everybody and their mama’s. Do we even know who Amaal is as an artist? Not really. We do know who Abel is as an artist. She has no creative/art directions, has not even pushed out one song that represents her as an individual, and is an actual gimmick. She’s either using this as a cash grab or actually really is bad doing it (I’ll say both.) she just does whatever and takes a long ass break for no apparent reason (btw artists who just started out never take a long break at all, which she did and that costed her hype & fans).

Her recent EP wasn’t necessarily promising but was actually interesting, but not something actually iconic or really representing her as an artist. I can see Muni, Summer walker, Kehlani and any other R&B female artist sing those songs. It doesn’t scream Amaal at all.

Even though SZA is a pathological liar, her music really represents her self alot. I can’t see another female sing those songs or put out those albums, CTRL was really her raw self, alongside her EP “Z”. They showed who SZA is and what we can expect from her which I genuinely love.
Glad we see eye to eye. You have really good attention to detail skills mashallah. :ohhhdamn: amaal needs to step her game up or just drop her music career altogether & solely focus on modeling.

Xoxoxo

VIP
Glad we see eye to eye. You have really good attention to detail skills mashallah. :ohhhdamn: amaal needs to step her game up or just drop her music career altogether & solely focus on modeling.
THANK YOU WALAALLL

I love music itself and used to study it so I know quite much if I may say so.

Amaal isn’t just for it. She either needs to have a creative team and work twice as hard or as you’ve said, she should just work as a model. That would be better and more fitting for her

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I don’t mind Ethiopians, can’t blame them for their dictatorship but I can’t bump the Weeknd.

It feels like giving money to the enemy.

:hmm:

I stumbled upon his music at 12 when I should have been listening to Kidz Bop or whatever. Wicked Games, Thursday and Twenty Eight were on repeat for awhile. Trilogy will forever remain golden. Don't like most of his new music tho.
SOOMAALIYA ZINDABAD! Somalistan hanoolaato!
TO SACRIFICE MY OWN LIFE FOR SOMALISTAN! MOOS!