The treatment of women as sex objects in the Christian west

Status
Not open for further replies.

waraabe

Your superior
There are many examples practically every were in their society but for time saving measure I will use to everyday examples.

From a young age, young men are bombarded with propaganda which demeans women and alludes to the sexual aspects of them. I am talking about comic books
http://www.fantasy-magazine.com/non-fiction/articles/the-objectification-of-women-in-graphic-novels/
Check out every female superhero. No respect for women.

Secondly, the most popular newspaper in the UK the sun had a naked model on its page 3 of every issue. I mean dirty magazines are one thing but the most popular newspaper (highest selling) in the nation has a naked woman with her breasts out in the third fucking page.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My question is how do women feel about the way the west treats them as second hand citizens with no use but sexual satisfaction?

Somali culture often treats women like second class citizens too. I read a horrifying report of rape victims in somaliland recently, somalis can be shameful as f*ck. I would prefer for someone to say i've got big breasts than force me to marry my rapist.

In any case, the treatment of women has improved quite a bit in the west in the last century. I don't think page 3 girls are representative of how women are treated in the west. Yes, there is sexism, but it's often called out when inappropriate. There is legislation to help, and people are oftentimes publically shamed for it. Also you are forgetting the fact that many women choose to be seen as sex objects, I imagine those women would be quite comfortable with it.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
My question is how do women feel about the way the west treats them as second hand citizens with no use but sexual satisfaction?

That's a very good question. Some women oppose it, hate it and see how it's being interfered with getting a education and achieving a great status in their respective job industries. Where some women are constantly being belittled, harassed, subjected to violence in universities, public forums and their jobs. These women are tired of never being seen as humans, with opinions, feelings, needs etc and only being viewed as an objects there for the male gaze and their entertainment and nothing more. And I would lieek to add that his is actually very widespread, just google how doctors constantly dismiss women's pain.
These women want a reform but rarely are their voices really being heard.

Nowadays you have liberal or sex positive feminists which usually consist of young women who believe objectification is good and a sign of empowerment. These young women also advocate for legalizing prostitution, making real life sex trafficking legal, one of the worlds worst crime organisation.

The answer is gonna be pretty divided depending on who you ask. Feminism is very divided today and unfortunately liberal/sex positive feminists voices are being heard, because their views are pretty aligned with patriarchies views of women.

waraabe

Your superior
Somali culture often treats women like second class citizens too. I read a horrifying report of rape victims in somaliland recently, somalis can be shameful as f*ck. I would prefer for someone to say i've got big breasts than force me to marry my rapist.

In any case, the treatment of women has improved quite a bit in the west in the last century. I don't think page 3 girls are representative of how women are treated in the west. Yes, there is sexism, but it's often called out when inappropriate. There is legislation to help, and people are oftentimes publically shamed for it. Also you are forgetting the fact that many women choose to be seen as sex objects, I imagine those women would be quite comfortable with it.

Aren't there rapes everywhere including the west. I mean somaliland doesn't have pedophilia which is a norm in the west.

Secondly, women don't choose to be sex objects, it is a role forced on them by their society. I am sure you star / model would've wished to go university and earn a respectable living rather then sell her body.

We are talking about how western society has gotten into a state were newspapers have naked women on them. That is complete lack of respect and value for women.

Aren't there rapes everywhere including the west. I mean somaliland doesn't have pedophilia which is a norm in the west.

Secondly, women don't choose to be sex objects, it is a role forced on them by their society. I am sure you star / model would've wished to go university and earn a respectable living rather then sell her body.

We are talking about how western society has gotten into a state were newspapers have naked women on them. That is complete lack of respect and value for women.

Yeah women are raped everywhere. But I wouldn't say the treatment towards the victims in the aftermath is the same everywhere. I'll see if I can find that report, it's not nice.
To your second point. Some choose it. Ironically, the fact that you are denying it is sexist. You are stripping those women of their agency.
Yes, I agree, I am not denying the sexist nature of the sun news papers page 3 girls. I just don't think it can easily be translated into your premise that 'the west treats them as second hand citizens with no use but sexual satisfaction?'. Staying in the UK, Margaret Thatcher was a women who rose to the highest office in the land because your argument cannot be made for all of society all of the time. It seems to me you are disregarding many grey areas to fulfill your own point.

waraabe

Your superior
Yeah women are raped everywhere. But I wouldn't say the treatment towards the victims in the aftermath is the same everywhere. I'll see if I can find that report, it's not nice.
To your second point. Some choose it. Ironically, the fact that you are denying it is sexist. You are stripping those women of their agency.
Yes, I agree, I am not denying the sexist nature of the sun news papers page 3 girls. I just don't think it can easily be translated into your premise that 'the west treats them as second hand citizens with no use but sexual satisfaction?'. Staying in the UK, Margaret Thatcher was a women who rose to the highest office in the land because your argument cannot be made for all of society all of the time. It seems to me you are disregarding many grey areas to fulfill your own point.

A woman pm is a token like Obama, a black president. You seem to be very dismissive about the gravity of the nation's most popular newspaper featuring a naked woman everyday. that indicates the mentality of their society.

What my point is that we Constantly hear about how muslims treat women bad but the western utopia isn't true about equality.

You seem very pro western. Do you also advocate for s and shemales

A woman pm is a token like Obama, a black president. You seem to be very dismissive about the gravity of the nation's most popular newspaper featuring a naked woman everyday. that indicates the mentality of their society.

What my point is that we Constantly hear about how muslims treat women bad but the western utopia isn't true about equality.

You seem very pro western. Do you also advocate for s and shemales

I am not dismissive, I am dismissive of your conclusion, however, because you haven't made a good argument for it.

'how muslims treat women bad but the western utopia isn't true about equality.' Yes, I know that is what your point was all along. If you start there next time, you can probably get a more productive conversation going from the beginning. Don't attempt to conceal your true motivations, you're on an internet forum, just say what you think.

'You seem like a SJW. Do you also advocate for s and shemales' I can tell that you don't care about womens right. You will only use womens rights to take not particularly good stabs at western society. You do you.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
It's cute that @waraabe pretends to care about western women lol. He sounds like Sam Harris who pretends to care about Muslim women.

waraabe

Your superior
I am not dismissive, I am dismissive of your conclusion, however, because you haven't made a good argument for it.

'how muslims treat women bad but the western utopia isn't true about equality.' Yes, I know that is what your point was all along. If you start there next time, you can probably get a more productive conversation going from the beginning. Don't attempt to conceal your true motivations, you're on an internet forum, just say what you think.

'You seem like a SJW. Do you also advocate for s and shemales' I can tell that you don't care about womens right. You will only use womens rights to take not particularly good stabs at western society. You do you.

Typical response. I presented valid points. My thread is examining the sexual objectification of women in western society. The Muslim issue is an example of their hypocrisy when talking about this particular issue.

Typical response. I presented valid points. My thread is examining the sexual objectification of women in western society. The Muslim issue is an example of their hypocrisy when talking about this particular issue.

You are concern-trolling an important issue you don't care about to try and score points. Unlike you, I do care about womens rights, so I don't take kindly to it being exploited in a pathetic turn of whataboutism. You disregard evidence that doesn't fit the conclusion you have already reached. Yes, some areas of western society are undeniably sexist. And there are aeas of Muslims society that are undeniably sexist. But on the whole, I would say that western society is far more likely to treat women with equality than the Muslim world. What do you think?

waraabe

Your superior
You are concern-trolling an important issue you don't care about to try and score points. Unlike you, I do care about womens rights, so I don't take kindly to it being exploited in a pathetic turn of whataboutism. You disregard evidence that doesn't fit the conclusion you have already reached. Yes, some areas of western society are undeniably sexist. And there are aeas of Muslims society that are undeniably sexist. But on the whole, I would say that western society is far more likely to treat women with equality than the Muslim world. What do you think?

Give me an example of the areas the that the Muslim world is sexist

ography prostitution and modeling is the ultimate objectification of women and the west is leading the way in this

What do you mean leading the way? The stats on consumption of ography indicate it is the more conservative societies, many of which are muslim countries, which have a higher rate of ographic consumption. The west is more open about it, but muslim countries are no better.

Western societies might objectify women in many areas, yes, but that still doesn't equal the conclusion that the west 'treats them as second hand citizens with no use but sexual satisfaction?'. You have to disregard a lot of things to come to that conclusion.

What do you mean leading the way? The stats on consumption of ography indicate it is the more conservative societies, many of which are muslim countries, which have a higher rate of ographic consumption. The west is more open about it, but muslim countries are no better.

Western societies might objectify women in many areas, yes, but that still doesn't equal the conclusion that the west 'treats them as second hand citizens with no use but sexual satisfaction?'. You have to disregard a lot of things to come to that conclusion.
Are you female? Are you feminist?
Answer these questions first

Give me an example of the areas the that the Muslim world is sexist

The western world and the muslim world are both massively varied, of course, so I guess we are just speaking generally. Do you want to concentrate on particular countries? To answer your q (and I would appreciate if you would answer mine), as I understand it, you are saying the west encourage women to dress in a certain way and that this is sexist/objectification. Many muslim countries do the same, except with a different dress code. In fact, some muslim countries have it down as legislation that women must dress in a particularly way. On the whole however, women are freerer to dress more conservatively in western society than they are to dress less conservatively in muslim societies. This too is sexist/objectification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending