The Proliferation of the Individual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
In the short term it may kill jobs of people who aren't quick enough in developing new skills but overtime I think automation has the potential to create new jobs. New jobs that involve creativity, complexity, judgement and social interaction will replace the repetitive, robotic ones. during the industrial revolution many people started to panic but its quite evident that people's incomes and standard of living went up. The same case with the automation age of the 60s,70s and 80s. Extreme poverty has actually reduced by half over the past 30 years from the ability to produce more than ever with little cost
https://www.theguardian.com/news/da...quality-rising-falling-worlds-richest-poorest

One thing you forgot is that if people are to poor to consume, there would be no need to produce as there is no supply to meet the demand and therefore capitalism will adjust itself to match up with the correct price. Also the fact that automation can make producing a large amount of things quickly, can mean that more people will be able to consume than ever before.

Overall as education attainment increases, birth rates in the developing world will naturally decline and eventually their incomes will rise with sustainable development and energy to sustain their industrialization.
Check out this tedtalks on how the future might be:

I was with you, until you sad that the birth rates in the developing world will naturally decline.

What is the relationship between birth rates declining and education attainment increasing?

Are you saying that people have less babies, because they're in school for longer periods of time?

I can understand that argument. But how does race factor into this discussion.
The world is governed through a racial world order. Where white nations controls the resources and future of Africa and other third world regions. How does this fact fit in to your predication of what the future will look like?

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Did you read what I wrote or just stop after the first line. As history has shown, jobs that are simple and repetitive will be culled while new jobs that require more judgement, management, complex/creative thinking, communication and social interaction will replace. Today we don't see an exasperated problem of joblessness/ unemployment due to automation. Jobs that may have exist 20 years ago may not exist but many new jobs that didn't exist will be created. Meaning more service related jobs and less labour intensive jobs. Robots will never replace human interaction.

Forget about robots, the taxi drivers who have been made dispensable by Uber, are a prime example of how automation is eliminating low-end jobs. Soon when the self-driving cars come into action, even uber will be left behind. Crazy shytttt

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
One thing I can't get my head is that when most jobs can be done by Robots/are automated - and humans are priced out of the labor market - then who earns money to buy goods, pay mortgages and support the solvency of the entire financial system?

Madara x

Sleep soundly
One thing I can't get my head is that when most jobs can be done by Robots/are automated - and humans are priced out of the labor market - then who earns money to buy goods, pay mortgages and support the solvency of the entire financial system?

lool wallahi thats a hectic questions. I guess its going to become like the Matrix were all going to be harvested.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
lool wallahi thats a hectic questions. I guess its going to become like the Matrix were all going to be harvested.
It just shows that free market capitalism and AI/robotics that does the vast majority of jobs simply cannot co-exist. We'll need to find another economic model.

I was with you, until you sad that the birth rates in the developing world will naturally decline.

What is the relationship between birth rates declining and education attainment increasing?

Are you saying that people have less babies, because they're in school for longer periods of time?

The ted talks explains it better. Exactly, As people stay in school longer they tend to have children later in life and choose to have less kids. Although there may be some cultures that may continue to have big families but eventually will go down.

[/QUOTE]
I can understand that argument. But how does race factor into this discussion.
The world is governed through a racial world order. Where white nations controls the resources and future of Africa and other third world regions. How does this fact fit in to your predication of what the future will look like?
[/QUOTE]
ted talks also explains how the world will move forward better. Poverty in Africa has actually gone down significantly over the years.
The US and Europe are losing Africa to Asia actually especially China. China has been building infrastructure in Africa which was badly needed for development. China has also been investing in Africa and transferring their lower level industries to Africa since they're becoming less competitive in China. In the coming decades there will be major changes because of that and eventually Africa will escape the trap that the west has put on it.
Don't get me wrong China will still exploit Africa's resources but it will change the order of the world and make the west lose it grip over Africa.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You should watch this video if you haven't already. It pretty much refutes all of your points.

:ooh: I really underestimated AI capability tbh. Thanks for sharing

Since our best decision makers will be robots. Lets hope our robot president in the year 2050 makes good use of us.:mjlol:

Also the world being less corrupt because of robots more money may get into the hands of the government that can distribute the wealth There's a prophecy hadith on yawmul qiyama that the people of the future will be very wealthy and that no one will be able to accept zakah.

:ooh: I really underestimated AI capability tbh. Thanks for sharing

Since our best decision makers will be robots. Lets hope our robot president in the year 2050 makes good use of us.:mjlol:

Also the world being less corrupt because of robots more money may get into the hands of the government that can distribute the wealth There's a prophecy hadith on yawmul qiyama that the people of the future will be very wealthy and that no one will be able to accept zakah.
Maybe the robots will keep us as pets. :mjlol:

Capital has freed itself from labor. Hard labor was always relegated to the poor and the disenfranchised of the world
So the poor and disenfranchised will suffer even more because of automation.
This type of class-based discussion is often used to encompass the impending doom of third world's people.
Class-based terminology, however, fails to distinguish between third world peoples and black people.
For black people, which includes us as Somalis, a different framework is needed to explain OUR impending doom.

This is what i partially try to address in this video ( us headphones to drown out noise in the background):
Let me know what you think :damedamn:

Sorry, but I don't have time to watch all of that. I felt like I'm in a lecture class when I started watching it. You need to edit and make it flow better. With that being said from what I heard(skipping around) I think our thinking is in line with each other.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Sorry, but I don't have time to watch all of that. I felt like I'm in a lecture class when I started watching it. You need to edit and make it flow better. With that being said from what I heard(skipping around) I think our thinking is in line with each other.

Thanks for trying to watch it :salute:Intentions are what matter most :childplease:
I'm still learning how to do this online education stuff so thanks for the feedback:salute:

Now let's wait in silence for the robots to come get us :kanyehmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.