the most disgusting person I've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now a hairy assed hippy vegan is joining the fray.
:susp:

This melting caadan may not even know where Somalia is on the map let alone the geography and terrain which can barely sustain subsistence farming practices. (ignoring the south)

Now a hairy assed hippy vegan is joining the fray.
:susp:

This melting caadan may not even know where Somalia is on the map let alone the geography and terrain which can barely sustain subsistence farming practices. (ignoring the south)
They are really disgusting people

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
she's sadly very much correct

the water wasted in animal agriculture is pretty ridiculous, it's costly, and we haven't figured out a way to diminish the impact on global warming. it's stupidly expensive and we don't have many alternatives.

like she's a right little shit using this as an opportunity to capitalize but that doesn't change reality

it's jsut not immediately applicable to Somalia's situation. the land is different, the issues with agriculture are exactly the same regardless of what they're eating.

she's sadly very much correct

the water wasted in animal agriculture is pretty ridiculous, it's costly, and we haven't figured out a way to diminish the impact on global warming. it's stupidly expensive and we don't have many alternatives.

like she's a right little shit using this as an opportunity to capitalize but that doesn't change reality

it's jsut not immediately applicable to Somalia's situation. the land is different, the issues with agriculture are exactly the same regardless of what they're eating.
Somalias problem is not veganism, imagine if your son got hit by a car and I call in and say "you know all of this could've been prevented if the world stopped using cars because they release co2" I will get a huge middle finger from you

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Somalias problem is not veganism, imagine if your son got hit by a car and I call in and say "you know all of this could've been prevented if the world stopped using cars because they release co2" I will get a huge middle finger from you

you're right. that's why i'm saying she's a dick.

but eventually we can't sustain the ability to eat meat, and most broke countries are already suffering from the impacts of global warming. it's still a horrific problem we have no solution for. it ain't applicable to Somalia, but eventually it absolutely will be.

you're right. that's why i'm saying she's a dick.

but eventually we can't sustain the ability to eat meat, and most broke countries are already suffering from the impacts of global warming. it's still a horrific problem we have no solution for. it ain't applicable to Somalia, but eventually it absolutely will be.
You vegan:ayaanswag::faysalwtf:

To be fair, she does have a point. The resources required to raise and cultivate animals for food are huge. Somalia is also a country with a huge coastline. We should be using want little farmland we have to growing drought resistant crops and vegetables. If we require animal protein, we should turn seafood.

How is being a vegan equivalent to being a luddite? Cars can run on gas, electricity, water etc. The veganism is an easy alternative to meat.:bell:

Whats wrong with veganism? I think its unrealistic to expect a whole country to change their eating habits but I do agree that pastoralism has been rendered unsustainable.

LittleNileRiver

Keepin Southies in check since 1998
To be fair, she does have a point. The resources required to raise and cultivate animals for food are huge. Somalia is also a country with a huge coastline. We should be using want little farmland we have to growing drought resistant crops and vegetables. If we require animal protein, we should turn seafood.
With today's advances in agricultural technology and water management, Somalis living in desert conditions can grow tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, melons, strawberries, grapes, and other produce.
Broccoli has MORE protein than beef steak!

Whats wrong with veganism? I think its unrealistic to expect a whole country to change their eating habits but I do agree that pastoralism has been rendered unsustainable.

Did you know the Japanese only started eating meat in the 18th and 19th centuries? Before that most people were vegetarian or ate mostly fish. When meat became cheaper and more viable, it became more popular.

With today's advances in agricultural technology and water management, Somalis living in desert conditions can grow tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, melons, strawberries, grapes, and other produce.
Broccoli has MORE protein than beef steak!

It's also healthier and more nutritious. Red meat has been associated with cancer. Somalis need vitamins and minerals.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I was trying to say that she is trying to further her political agenda and she using the famine as a way to do that

her political agenda is scientific fact though

like we can moan about vegans all we want but that doesn't stop just how disgusting those greenhouse emissions are or how wasteful our water consumption is

none of those things change sxb

Did you know the Japanese only started eating meat in the 18th and 19th centuries? Before that most people were vegetarian or ate mostly fish. When meat became cheaper and more viable, it became more popular.
True, it was a blatant appropriation of the West that came with industrialisation. But i was surprised to hear that there are still communities of strictly vegans that inhabit certain islands and as you'd expect, they have longer life expectancy than the national average

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts