The first known Somali Aetheist Is famously known as Ina Xagaadheere:

Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably lived couple hundred years ago. There are numerous storie, or so to say Somali tales due to his defiance towards God, and are still quoted to date.

He is the one that coined this statement

Hadii aan aamusnona Ariga Sidan lagadeyn maayo . Hadii aan hadalnona waa afku sallaxkudheg

If you have any other pls share

Another quote from Ina Xagaadheere.

This happened when his goats started dying from a mysterious disease. People then adviced him to give some to charity so that God will save his goats from the calamity. In defiance, he refused to give in charity but instead he splitted his flock into two. He assigned a group for God and the rest for himself. Coincidently or not the flocks assigned to himself continued to die. In reaction to this, he went on rampage and killed Same number of goats he assigned to God.

While doing this he kept talking to God and say.

"Ari lalaayo Ari lalaayuu leeyahay". Meaning you killed the goats I assigne to myself, So will I do the same to those I assigned to you.

He probably lived couple hundred years ago. There are numerous storie, or so to say Somali tales due to his defiance towards God, and are still quoted to date.

He is the one that coined this statement

Hadii aan aamusnona Ariga Sidan lagadeyn maayo . Hadii aan hadalnona waa afku sallaxkudheg

If you have any other pls share
Translation?

VixR

Veritas
Another quote from Ina Xagaadheere.

This happened when his goats started dying from a mysterious disease. People then adviced him to give some to charity so that God will save his goats from the calamity. In defiance, he refused to give in charity but instead he splitted his flock into two. He assigned a group for God and the rest for himself. Coincidently or not the flocks assigned to himself continued to die. In reaction to this, he went on rampage and killed Same number of goats he assigned to God.

While doing this he kept talking to God and say.

"Ari lalaayo Ari lalaayuu leeyahay". Meaning you killed the goats I assigne to myself, So will I do the same to those I assigned to you.
:deadosama::deadosama:

He sounds very eccentric.

Edit: You can't translate one quote and refuse to translate the other it takes away from the thread :wtfdis:

Last edited:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Beesha Atheist have created their ancestor Ina Xagaadheere binu Atheist binu Darwin. Great myth. Ina Xagaadheere arrived at the Somali coast to spread atheism. Now only you need to add reers to the clan and your set to go.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP

Edit: You can't translate one quote and refuse to translate the other it takes away from the thread :wtfdis:

If we stay quiet, they will not change their actions towards the goats. If we speak up, they will censor us basically lose lose situation.

VixR

Veritas
If we stay quiet, they will not change their actions towards the goats. If we speak up, they will censor us basically lose lose situation.
What was being done to the goats?

Alie he's right though. I like our new ancestor:icon lol:

Alright agreed but stil Abdi123 needs to learn the language:

Great translation there.

What was being done to the goats?

Alie he's right though. I like our new ancestor:icon lol:
The goats contracted some disease and ppl kept telling him to repent and pay charity. However he kept reasoning with God. It's said that whenever he complained and tried to reason with God, it happened that the container that he drank from stuck to his mouth. Thus the saying " if I keep silent the goats will keep on dying, and whenever I speak up the container sticks to my mouth"

VixR

Veritas
The goat contracted some disease and ppl kept telling him to repent and pay charity. However he kept reasoning with God. It's said that whenever he complained and tried to reason with God, it happened that the container that he drank from stuck to his mouth. Thus the saying " if I keep silent the goats will keep on dying, and whenever I speak up the container sticks to my mouth"
:dead: Well-written story. Damn u, I have an ear-splitting headache and I can't stop laughing.

Beesha Atheist have created their ancestor Ina Xagaadheere binu Atheist binu Darwin. Great myth. Ina Xagaadheere arrived at the Somali coast to spread atheism. Now only you need to add reers to the clan and your set to go.
Wariyaa Rooble AKA , the Samaroon champion. There is nothing like beesha Aetheist, neither do I tend to promote Aetheist with this . I just but try to relate the Somali folklores in relation to religious beliefs.

Ina Xagaadheere is actually said to have belonged to the Midgaan clan.Here I think is purposefully pushed by the mainstream Somali clans. As the says goes

"Waxii xunba Xaawa leh" or "Miskiin aa Misko lafuulo leh"

Here is one more event of him reasoning with God. This is after his wife died a premature death. People in their usual condolences asked him to be patient and accept the fate from God.

Ina Xagaadheere as usual debates with God, and here is what he said.

"Ilahaygii Midgaanta igadilow bal aan midgaan kale waayo .
Hadee aniga iiqonsataye, bal adiga meel hakuu qabato"

Translation: Hey you God that killed my midgaan wife let us see if I won't find another of the same?
And now that you took her away from me , let us see how she will be of benefit to you?

Last edited:
Given his time and the way he stubbornly stuck to his arguments I would classify him as the Aetheist of his time. It's just that people won't understand him

:cosbyhmm:

These and many other evident historical times, shows that Somalis were tolerant of diverse reasoning. Until the invasion of the Salafism and the Oil money.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Ina xagaadheere was a man before his time.

:wow:

The father of Somali skepticism

:wow1:

Another Somali nomad from back in the day composed the following poem

Nin ragaa tubaakada yaqaan ,oo taqsiin garane
tufaax iyo maxaa iiga dan ah, timir macaankeeda
salaad iyo maxaa iiga dan ah, suxulo maydh maydhka
soon iyo maxaa iiga dan ah, caano subax diidka
sako iyo maxaa iiga dan ah, geel nin kale siiska

Only a real man knows the taste of tobacco and a mouthful of khat
What care do i have for an apple and the sweetness of a date
What care do i have for prayer and washing till the elbow (wudu)
What care do i have for fasting and refusing milk in the morning
What care do i have for zakaat and giving camels to another man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts