The audacity of the Qowdhania elites

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSDF was, one of the worst clan factions in the civil war, the first & only faction to bring Ethiopians into Somali soil.:Sutehja:

wZbkgyS.png

Page 150
Political Orientations and Repertoires of Identification: State and Identity Formation in Northern Somalia
http://www.academia.edu/22874247/Po...te_and_Identity_Formation_in_Northern_Somalia
i am fully aware of what the ssdf is and was, about time puntlanders stopped bullshiting themselves

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
so to you being used by a foreign enemy state to destroy your government is not traitorous?

It is treacherous.

But they are not the same at all. They were two organisations with completely different objectives. This is why Siad Barre gave pardons to many of the SSDF members after it's collapse. Some of them joined the army and others were given posts as officers.

Galaeri

i am fully aware of what the ssdf is and was, about time puntlanders stopped bullshiting themselves

I am quoting a resource by that same author lol. He even explores the reasons why the SSDF fell apart. Two of of the reasons was because AY refused to join the SNM and another was because he refused to hand over captured territories to the Ethiopians. There were other reasons too but for these reasons he spent time in jail and his organisation crumbled.

You cannot listen to this mooryaan loyalist geeljire. He takes particular excerpts of texts only to confirm his bias. He will even use books that have received critical reviews (politicised works) to confirm his bias.

I am quoting a resource by that same author lol. He even explores the reasons why the SSDF fell apart. Two of of the reasons was because AY refused to join the SNM and another was because he refused to hand over captured territories to the Ethiopians. There were other reasons too but for these reasons he spent time in jail and his organisation crumbled.

You cannot listen to this mooryaan loyalist geeljire. He takes particular excerpts of texts only to confirm his bias. He will even use books that have received critical reviews (politicised works) to confirm his bias.
i barely read the text he presented but i am from mudug and have always known AY was kursi raadis at all costs whether it included foriegn help or not. I rem the shenanigans he used to pull there and now all of a sudden all pldrs are supposed to praise that traitor. let agree to disagree.

waraabe

Your superior

The mj had no reason to rebel really but SNM did since afwayne was arming darod rebels to kill innocent Isaaq civilians

Denial is the reality for a revisionist. Just deny your way out of any argument. It is simple, all you have to say is "I deny the legitimacy of the source" and that is it, case closed. :icon lol:

Galaeri

Denial is the reality for a revisionist. Just deny your way out of any argument. It is simple, all you have to say or do " I deny the legitimacy of the source presented by mooryaan" and that is it, case closed. :icon lol:

You lack the most basic comprehension. I just acknowledged the resource you posted before in this thread whilst denying the one you brought forth the other day. I even provided a literary review by an accomplished historian for that politicized work you cited, but of course that is not enough to get you to abandon your narrative.

You lack the most basic comprehension. I just acknowledged the resource you posted before in this thread whilst denying the one you brought forth the other day. I even provided a literary review by an accomplished historian for that politicized work you cited, but of course that is not enough to get you to abandon your narrative.
:what1: You presented a source questioning the author NOT disproving the facts.

Questioning the legitimacy of authors doesn't win you arguments sxb, it just show a desperate denial of history -which is, of course, your reality. :icon lol:

Are you also going to deny the video footage and Amnesty International reports detailing Barre's war crimes?

Galaeri

:what1: You presented a source questioning the author not disproving the facts.

Questioning the legitimacy of authors don't win you arguments, it just show a desperate denial of history-which is, of course, your reality. :icon lol:

A historian attacked the author and his works, calling it a politicized work. There was not a single chapter that did not receive serious criticisms. Even the chapters talking about the Somali language were criticised even though the author is a professor of linguistics.

:dead:

A historian attacked the author and his works, calling it a politicized work. There was not a single chapter that did not receive serious criticisms. Even the chapters talking about the Somali language were criticised even though the author is a professor of linguistics.

:dead:

While the author is fully entitled to his opinions and his support for the breakaway republic of the north, in a general study of this kind he should at least note that such a denial of northern joint responsibility for all aspects of what happened in Somalia during the Barre regime is an extremely partisan position. This strong bias colors the whole introductory chapter

The author is biased because he supports Somaliland, really?
Is that the best you could come up with?
:mjlol:

Contrary to what you're saying, the so-called "historian" didn't even attempt to disprove the fact Barre's forces committed war crimes in South Somalia.:icon lol:

Galaeri

The author is biased because he supports Somaliland, really?
Is that the best you could come up with?
:mjlol:

Contrary to what you're saying, the so-called "historian" didn't even attempt to disprove the fact Barre's forces committed war crimes in South Somalia.:icon lol:

You fucking moron. How are you going to selectively copy and paste half of my post to use it to confirm your bias?

What till I get home and copy paste the rest.

bs reports to deceive and make themselves feel good for enabling the opposition to destroy the homeland

Galaeri

@Boqor Geeljire252 Can you read this and explain what it reads. I am testing your comprehension here. Here is the rest of the paragraph you left out deliberately.

While the author is fully entitled to his opinions and his support for the breakaway republic of the north, in a general study of this kind he should at least note that such a denial of northern joint responsibility for all aspects of what happened in Somalia during the Barre regime is an extremely partisan position. This strong bias colors the whole introductory chapter, from the description of geography and Somali origins-where are Christopher Ehret and Mohamed Nuuh Ali in this context?-to colonial resistance, the origins of the nationalist movement, and the bloodletting in Mogadishu in 1991, which skips over the attempted ethnocide committed by USC militias (see pp. 25, 39-40). It is a pity that the series editor did not catch the highly politicized and biased nature of this historical overview, for one must assume that this series was created to turn the general reader's attention away from the divisiveness of politics toward the unifying potential and power of culture.

Awww I'd make a much nicer memorial for us tbh to commemorate our own brothers stabbing us in the back.Like Vincenzos Camuccini's death of Caesar :fittytousand: It will be grand and dramatic

There is no monument about what the British had done to them. But they have one for the short campaign the Somali government took to free their land of the Ethiopian puppet guerilla called the SNM.

:faysalwtf:

The brits didn't do much tbh we had it relatively easy compared to other colonies.

Italy on the other hand... :damedamn:

@Boqor Geeljire252 Can you read this and explain what it reads. I am testing your comprehension here. Here is the rest of the paragraph you left out deliberately.

While the author is fully entitled to his opinions and his support for the breakaway republic of the north, in a general study of this kind he should at least note that such a denial of northern joint responsibility for all aspects of what happened in Somalia during the Barre regime is an extremely partisan position. This strong bias colors the whole introductory chapter, from the description of geography and Somali origins-where are Christopher Ehret and Mohamed Nuuh Ali in this context?-to colonial resistance, the origins of the nationalist movement, and the bloodletting in Mogadishu in 1991, which skips over the attempted ethnocide committed by USC militias (see pp. 25, 39-40). It is a pity that the series editor did not catch the highly politicized and biased nature of this historical overview, for one must assume that this series was created to turn the general reader's attention away from the divisiveness of politics toward the unifying potential and power of culture.
Tell me where in the text did Lidwien Kapteijns "debunk" the documented massacres & war crimes Barre's forces committed in South Somalia?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.