Starting a business in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an issue when another country has the power to control the flow of your major water resources without your input. Egypt makes sure that they have a say in any projects Ethiopia is doing on the Nile River. Somalia should do the same.

We put ourselves in this position to bend over and take the proverbial "D". These Dam's are actually needed. If Somalia built a power grid in Northern JL that can receive the power from the Rivers. But, do you know how much it will cost just to get roads up there to the North of JL?

If it happened it would help many in the Agro business, and explode the industry. All the farms in JL are powered by generators, there's help with Solar projects but it's not enough.

Ethiopia needs this bargaining chip to keep Mogadishu straight. Even though we trade with Ethiopia significantly, they won't kill their customer's industry.

Bohol

VIP
I want to open a gym for my faaraxs and xalimos Inshallah.

I'm planning to buy land this upcoming summer in hargeisa for this. What area do you guys think would be a great location for a gym?

Do you know that Shukri business center in New Hargeisa? There is a gym inside there. Also there is a gym and swimming pool
inside Safari hotel (Jigjigyar). There is lots of gyms in Hargeisa, you should come with a better idea.

waraabe

Your superior
I want to open a gym for my faaraxs and xalimos Inshallah.

I'm planning to buy land this upcoming summer in hargeisa for this. What area do you guys think would be a great location for a gym?

@UncleMenace @waraabe
Definitely go for it. There aren't modern places specially for women and girls . I so couple of my friends in hargeisa going to a xayraan 'gyms' so if you can open a place that is modern, with some instructors, equipment etc you will make money.

DiricLover

Qalanjo
Do you know that Shukri business center in New Hargeisa? There is a gym inside there. Also there is a gym and swimming pool
inside Safari hotel (Jigjigyar). There is lots of gyms in Hargeisa, you should come with a better idea.
Yes, I know that but they aren't very modern and are lacking in many equipment's. I think it's a bloody great idea. Plus I have other ideas in mind for it that the other gyms don't have.

Opening a better gym is always a better Idea. At show's there's a market for it and differentiating services are
a good thing for her.

An industry with competition is better than, creating a service with no competition--it mean's it won't make money.

Competition is good @DiricLover

SL alone is the size of Ecuador.

Somali is massive when you add Somali with SL.

The only think that shivers me is these dams Ethiopia keeps building.

If they cut off the rivers in the future, it's a complete humanitarian crisis.

We can cut them from our ports at that time, it will be very costly for them to rely on Djibouti only.

I think it's not an Issue. Propaganda is misinforming the people.

Some of the pictures posted were photoshopped to scare people. Ethiopia can't close off a whole river and turn off the tap.
There's international problems with this. Ethiopia's is marketing sustainability in its agro products to compete with South American,
and South East asian Producers.

Boosting how great your farmers are, while killing other farmers isn't good for business in the longrun.

That river system will always be open. They will make more money sending us Hydropower from it, than closing it off from us.

They killed their own people the Oromo and did not care about the international community.

@Transparent the best business in Somalia will opening fish factory and exporting frozen fish or breaded fish to Ethiopia (95 million) Egypt (90 millions) and several landlocked countries and gulf countries. Second, cheese factory (goat cheese/cow cheese) for exporting also. Processed meat factory from burger to sausages also for exporting them to Ethiopia/Egypt/gulf countries. You can get the electricity for factory through solar/wind power.

We can cut them from our ports at that time, it will be very costly for them to rely on Djibouti only.

But,
They killed their own people the Oromo and did not care about the international community.

We can go back 2000 years and discuss every mistake the Oromo have made. But, Oromo's build Ethiopia and haven't been compensated with political contributions. But, this regime has been working with Somalia and we keep dropping the ball everytime.

The Dam, is a non-issue because Ethiopian government wants to make money. The Dam will not leave us dry, but it's hard to believe sometimes with all propaganda going on.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
All of Somalia is a START-UP. In the west people creating start-ups to solve problems that don't exist, or they start business to RAISE money not MAKE money.

If you are stuck on an IDEA, Take the hard copy of the "Yellowpages" Or whatever your country has that shows all the businesses in your city.

Take that Yellowpages, go outside and let the wind hit it--stop on a page, close your eyes. And guess what? That business doesn't exist in Somalia or is an Infant industry and nobody has created.

Here's are Three of the most over looked and crucial components of entering the somali market.

Always, Always get your banking correct before you start anything is Somalia.
You need to move your companies money in and out of Banks incase something goes wrong.

A) Step one:
i)Open an HSBC international business account, this way you can land in Dubai and get access to funds right away.
ii)Open another bank account in Dubai that recognizes Somali banks.
iii)Whatever business you will be starting, you will most likely need an Alibaba account to source supplies and expenditures used
often to run your business.

B)Step two:
i)Always use a fucking policy and procedure manual. This way you don't have to keep telling people what you expect of them.
Here's the format I use for anything: http://www.inc.com/david-finkel/why...dead-and-what-you-should-replace-them-wi.html

C)Step three:
i) Start with something you are good at, or proficient in. If not whatever you start it will be a great opportunity.

People don't put respect on starting a startup in Somalia. The whole country is a START-UP. American entrepreneurs are desperate
to access anything, and its getting harder and harder to make money in the US because of regulations.

Just pick anything and you will be find.

The whole country is a Start-up bro

This is great bro!
I have been meaning to start somethin' for a while, maybe within this upcoming year if things go as planned and as you I will document every step along the way for future entrepreneurs. Great stuff bro, your yt videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts