Spirulina Algae Farm to curb malnutrition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is interested in a feel good project for helping to combat malnutrition in Somali enfants can try to look into Spirulina Algae farms.
shutterstock_196792451.jpg

The Algae plant matures in 72hours and is made with just water. Spirulina contains incredible nutrients.
    • 60% protein and an excellent source of vitamins A, K1, K2, B12 and iron, manganese and chromium
    • A rich source of health-giving phytonutrients such as carotenoids, GLA, SOD and phycocyanin
    • 2800% more beta-carotene than carrots
    • 
3900% more iron than spinach

• 600% more protein than tofu

• 280% more antioxidants than blueberries

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Spirulina is amazing (except the taste) I take it as a sub for protein shakes. It has tremendous health benefits and could help curb malnutrition for not only infants but also adults :nvjpqts:

Spirulina is amazing (except the taste) I take it as a sub for protein shakes. It has tremendous health benefits and could help curb malnutrition for not only infants but also adults :nvjpqts:

Can you mix it with something to change the texture and taste without reducing its nutritional richness?

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Can you mix it with something to change the texture and taste without reducing its nutritional richness?

Yeah you can mix it with anything. I mix it with juice, smoothies, water and even oatmeal sometimes, but I wouldn't recommend the oatmeal mix if you're not accustomed to the taste lol. It also comes in tablets if you don't like the powder.

Yeah you can mix it with anything. I mix it with juice, smoothies, water and even oatmeal sometimes, but I wouldn't recommend the oatmeal mix if you're not accustomed to the taste lol. It also comes in tablets if you don't like the powder.

That is cool. And this is widely available in America?

My mum is obsessed with this stuff! She's been hanging around some health conscious habbaryars and is now all about organic food lmaoooo

I like the pills better than the powder , the powder smells/taste horrid it's easier just to swallow it quickly in pill form. I love it tho, I've noticed I have so much more energy after taking them daily

Yooooooooooooooooo you can grow this stuff yourself??? :ohhh: I won't have to spend an arm and a leg in Hollands and barrets anymore!

My mum is obsessed with this stuff! She's been hanging around some health conscious habbaryars and is now all about organic food lmaoooo

I like the pills better than the powder , the powder smells/taste horrid it's easier just to swallow it quickly in pill form. I love it tho, I've noticed I have so much more energy after taking them daily

Naayaa Dhegdheer, Where do you buy the stuff? LOL.

Last edited:
Good luck waiting 1-2 months for one batch though :mjlol:I'd rather go to Holland and Barrett

kkkkkk I might make several in advance and just go from there! I think one bottle usually last me a month? I can't remember lol

do you get the big tubs or the little pouches?

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
kkkkkk I might make several in advance and just go from there! I think one bottle usually last me a month? I can't remember lol

do you get the big tubs or the little pouches?

Let me know how it goes if you do it. It's too much work for me :drakekidding:

I used to the 200g pouches and that would last me 1-2 weeks. Now I buy 1kg bags from a friend that owns a nutrition shop.

btw,, Dhegta, the first one in the bottle is powder. Is that the one you buy?

This one?
003281_A.png
that's the pill one.

You can go for either. The powder is more versatile and will last you longer, I hate the taste tho so I stick with the pills

This one?
003281_A.png
that's the pill one.

You can go for either. The powder is more versatile and will last you longer, I hate the taste tho so I stick with the pills

Too late, I bought the powder and same size bottle. Now, you need to write tips for mixing it. Brand name is different though than the one you posted above. As long as it is the same source of algae, it would be fine.

Be quick with the tips.

Too late, I bought the powder and same size bottle. Now, you need to write tips for mixing it. Brand name is different though than the one you posted above. As long as it is the same source of algae, it would be fine.

Be quick with the tips.

You're demanding :whew:

kkkk alright, With the pills you usually take 3 a day with your meal. With the powder you can literally just add it to anything, water, protein shake, juice, you can even sprinkle some on you cereal disgusting. Just 1 tbsp should be enough.

Just check the instruction, it should tell you on the package

You're demanding :whew:

kkkk alright, With the pills you usually take 3 a day with your meal. With the powder you can literally just add it to anything, water, protein shake, juice, you can even sprinkle some on you cereal disgusting. Just 1 tbsp should be enough.

Just check the instruction, it should tell you on the package

Somali manner and method in asking a favor directed at another Somali is usually in the form of a demand and no "thank you" for giving your own hand and a leg to them afterwards :) Anything less is strange. I would have felt out of character and fake if I said "please" in asking you the favor.

Thanks though. This is easy. The bottle will have directions of use printed on it, but reading how you do it is reassuring as well. Checking multiple sources is always good.

Status
Not open for further replies.