Somaliland Referendum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
If Britain can revoke a 40 year national union with the EU i dont see why Somalia shouldnt accept a Somaliland referendum should they vote to secede, what i saw today in the United Kingdom was a true test of democracy. I hate the outcome but what the people want they should get!

If Britain can revoke a 40 year national union with the EU i dont see why Somalia shouldnt accept a Somaliland referendum should they vote to secede, what i saw today in the United Kingdom was a true test of democracy. I hate the outcome but what the people want they should get!
You can not compare the two things, the UK does not have a nationality miniority or Clan who is armed and fears for their future. You can compare Somaliland with the spring of 1992 when the majority Bosnian Muslims voted out of Yugoslavia while the Serb minority wanted to stay in Yugoslavia. In Somaliland the Issaq majority wants to leave Somalia while the Harti miniority wants to stay. In Bosnia it ended with war and genocide since the Serbs feelt they had no future in an indepedent future Bosnia where Muslims were going to be the ruling majority and wanted to stay in Yugoslavia where the Serbs were the majority, the Harti wants to stay in a Somalia where their larger Darood Clan is going to share a country with them. The conditions in Somaliland is going to end with war like in Bosnia.

You should look at the concencus of the International Community.
African Union is totally opposed to Somaliland seceding because they believe it will give the green light for other regions in Africa to do the same and that is something they want to avoid.

The Somali concencus is similar, because of the divisive nature of Somalilands inhabitance Harti/Issaq/Dir, ask yourself how can one recognize it under that condition?
Recognizing Somaliland means automatic secession of every state in Somalia and especially the Northern part would ignite an all out blood bath & clan war.

Pluss of how is it going to benefit them seceeding Somalia in the long run? and don't come with the whole ''Failed State'' argument because that is bit redundant i am not talking about the present being but in the future down the line.

This whole secessionism is mostly driven by cuqdaad and mistrust they actually don't have valid political or economic reasons and the sentiments are not mutual either.

@Canuck's reaction when Laascaanood votes leave
giphy.gif

:siilaanyolaugh:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Isaac should be given independence, I support Isaac leaving Somalia in sha Allah may Allah make it easy for them.

waraabe

Your superior
The only thing the politicians care about is how to fill their fat bellies.
God bless these young people, they've good points.

Embarrassing times for the Somalis:francis:
No it isn't embarrassing time for Somalis. We need to deal with xabashi and their lackeys

No it isn't embarrassing time for Somalis. We need to deal with xabashi and their lackeys
You're right.
One thing is clear from this thing, Abdi Iley and his goons, and the silent politicians of SL are both controlled by xabashi.

They're both being played by the xabashi.
What's more embarrassing than that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending