Somalia underground water table reserves and oil leaks risks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
Majority of the deep underground water reserves of Somalia is located in
Oodweyne/Western Togdheer/Eastern Maroodijeex. That is why I think any
attempts to drill for oil by unprofessionals that results in leaks could contaminate
the huge underground aquifier of Oodweyne/Western Togdheer/Eastern
Maroodijeex commonly known as Habar Garhajis block. It must be protected
at all costs.

Source

We'll drink to that: Massive underground reserves of water found in some of Africa's driest areas - including the Sahara Desert

• Researchers estimate that reserves of groundwater across the continent are 100 times the amount found on its surface
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...assive-underground-reserves-water-Africa.html

kW2mFry.jpg

Last edited:

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
I mean are people really doing that? It seems like one of those stories you hear in bibles and hadiths. You know like people are looking for oil when they have no water and it's a lesson about greed and priorities or something like that. It could be even be a riwaayad.

Bohol

VIP
I mean are people really doing that? It seems like one of those stories you hear in bibles and hadiths. You know like people are looking for oil when they have no water and it's a lesson about greed and priorities or something like that. It could be even be a riwaayad.

The current Sland adminstration is trying to do that. Drilling for water should come first, as water shortage is the biggest issue facing
all across Somali areas at the moment.

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
The current Sland adminstration is trying to do that. Drilling for water should come first, as water shortage is the biggest issue facing
all across Somali areas at the moment.
Is it true 80% of livestock are dead or is it a fake stat for aid money? Also have there been initiatives by water minister to tap this resource? I'm just curious because it's no longer a semi-arid country, it's arid.

Bohol

VIP
Is it true 80% of livestock are dead or is it a fake stat for aid money? Also have there been initiatives by water minister to tap this resource? I'm just curious because it's no longer a semi-arid country, it's arid.

Yes it is true, now most families cook fish with their meals. The days of abudance of camels, cattles and sheeps is gone. There has not
been much initiative to dig many wells and prepare for the drought, that is why we have famine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts