Somalia Economic War Narrative Is False

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I hear heaps of southies argue that their clans fought over control on national infrastructure in the south while PL/SL had nothing to fight over and were barren desert. This is incorrect analysis. The South fight over 'power' not 'economics'. The proof is the 4 month war, the Hawiye realized the toll that had on it's clans wasn't worth any more government discussion, they agreed to a ceasefire and to 'cut' green lines in Mogadishu and begin warlord activities.

There was peace in Hamar from 94-2004, even though their was no govt at all, it wasn't like it is now. Battles were very minor and on occasions between clan militias over check-points and it was resolved quite quickly. This proves to me, the south issue isn't economical, they fear a 'govt' nothing else. The war intensified to extreme levels when Abdillahi Yusuf introduced a govt, and it has now reverted to an insurgency.

They simply are showing all the signs of government phobia, they don't want structure and order but no structure or authority. This has made me review the economic narrative war in global world, why would people fight over a pipeline or business when you can 'secure' the whole govt who controls it all. I suspect 99% of conflicts in the world are govt related and power related and not so much economics.

Under the govt you control much more then economics, the law, security, army, institutions, and societal control. Why would you not want this and have a war over just a 'company' or 'oil' as they say in the mid-east. Wars are over POWER not ECONOMICS. I saw this clearly observed in 94-2004 Warlord era where Mogadishu was at peace, it had no govt, but it's stability levels were similar to GM now, infact it's identical to how GM is now with green-lines between cities, in hamar it was between neighborhoods. Notice how GM was peaceful when there was no govt? now a govt comes shit starts to hit the fan, I have to investigate the 'fear' surrounding a govt in Hawiye. Maybe they think the state will annihilate them or something like Hargeisa 88 especially if it's in the hands of a clan they are not friendly with. This is my suspicions. They fear a govt because they think in la xasuuqi doono for the civil war and shit. Why don't they just come out and explain why they don't want a govt

Trending

Latest posts