Somali Artists that have gone under the radar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They like to blame it on their so called welfare hooyo and their bad aabo experiences. Somehow a good excuse for them to glorify and romanticize such lifestyle according to them.
American welfare is a joke. I can see how some kids can turn out like this. Even then i think it is important for parents to instil in them values of education and an honest living. Indians are dirt poor but that doesn't stop them from excelling at every academic level wherever they go. Like I said it all boils down to culture and upbringing

Apollo

VIP
American welfare is a joke. I can see how some kids can turn out like this. Even then i think it is important for parents to instil in them values of education and an honest living. Indians are dirt poor but that doesn't stop them from excelling at every academic level wherever they go. Like I said it all boils down to culture and upbringing

Indians got into the US through H-1B visas (skilled labor). This automatically weeds out all the retarded Indians who can't apply. But with Somalis, it was basically anyone with half a braincell and landed in the USA between '91-'09. Very different selection process.

Not only that but also your community. Somali communties arent exactly organized or united with an interest or agenda they way that other ethnic communities are.. I blame this and the lack of social capital available in form of valuable community resource.

I agree the youth needs instructions and good ethics instilled in them.

I think there are a bunch of talented Somali artists that have been totally overlooked recently! If you know of any, please post them here!

We are doomed once we go to AA music life style I know some AA trying to break the cycle and change their community through education accepting Islam, and our youth want be like them SMH

And what do you expect from Somalis being born and raised in this culture? You can't expect them to be making Somali tunes when most of them have never stepped foot in Africa. We're all a product of environments.

paragon

Keeping it Real Since 01/01/90
1% or rappers ever get signed and live a comfortable life provided they don't squander their earnings. They stand better chances of getting rich the old fashioned way via selling products and/or services (aka building legitimate businesses).

1% or rappers ever get signed and live a comfortable life provided they don't squander their earnings. They stand better chances of getting rich the old fashioned way via selling products and/or services (aka building legitimate businesses).
Not necessarily. Being a musician is also the same as being a business person. Building your brand and expanding your business generates more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts