Similarities between Somalis and Arab Bedouins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
As much you hate them, we could learn a lot from the sand niggas in the Gulf. Swap the words "bedouins" for geeljire and it would perfectly describe us. Check the bold parts in particular. Could that be why Raxanweyn and the agricultural clans don't have as much tribalism as the rest of us? Whilst the Somalis who live in the toughest regions are the most?

Ibn Khaldun:

"…savagery has become [the Bedouin’s] character and nature. They enjoy it, because it means freedom from authority and no subservience to leadership. Such a natural disposition is the negation and antithesis of civilization… The very nature of their existence is the negation of building, which is the basis of civilization. Furthermore, since they do not see any value in labour and craftsmen and do not appreciate it, the hope for profit vanishes, and no productive work is done. The sedentary population disperse, and civilization decays… The Bedouins are not concerned with laws, or with deterring people from misdeeds… They care only for the property that they might take away from people through looting… Under the rule of Bedouins, their subjects live as in a state of anarchy. Anarchy destroys mankind and ruins civilization…

The Bedouins are the least willing of all nations to subordinate themselves to each other, as they are rude, proud, ambitious and eager to be leaders. Their individual aspirations rarely coincide. But when there is religion [among them]… then they have some restoring influence upon themselves. The qualities of haughtiness and jealousy leave them. It is, then, easy to unite them in [a social organization]”

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
That's spot on :ohhh:
This Ibn Khaldun guy's pretty harsh towards the Bedouins though.
Is there some sort of contempt for Bedouins in the Gulf countries?

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
That's spot on :ohhh:
This Ibn Khaldun guy's pretty harsh towards the Bedouins though.
Is there some sort of contempt for Bedouins in the Gulf countries?
Ibn Khaldun was a North African 14th century Historian.

They view them highly I believe. But the rest of the Arab world especially industrialized ones like Syria/Iraq used to look down upon them.

I think we can learn a lot from them to be honest, since they come from a very similar harsh climate like us, exhibit similar customs, fanatic tribalism, etc etc. They are so like us to the point that they look down upon labour/craftsmen and we view them as lowly jobs only for the madhiban/tumaal.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Ibn Khaldun was a North African 14th century Historian.

They view them highly I believe. But the rest of the Arab world especially industrialized ones like Syria/Iraq used to look down upon them.

I think we can learn a lot from them to be honest, since they come from a very similar harsh climate like us, exhibit similar customs, fanatic tribalism, etc etc. They are so like us to the point that they look down upon labour/craftsmen and we view them as lowly jobs only for the madhiban/tumaal.
I think we just have that independent streak in our blood. Time and time again throughout history we've been labelled as rebellious and fiercely independent in comparison to our neighbours in Axum/Habash/Ethiopia who actually had kingdoms and authority for hundreds of years.
Hopefully artisans and craftsmen become more respected in Somali society. If there's one thing we can be grateful for, it's the fact that cultures aren't static.

what exactly is there to learn?:comeon:

its not like they somehow overcame their stupidity and joined the modern world. they are still stuck in their huts in the desert just like Somalis are dwelling the jungle/desert to this day while the rest of the world keeps moving forward.

there's nothing we can learn from these people unless we are aiming to be geeljires forever.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
what exactly is there to learn?:comeon:

its not like they somehow overcame their stupidity and joined the modern world. they are still stuck in their huts in the desert just like Somalis are dwelling the jungle/desert to this day while the rest of the world keeps moving forward.

there's nothing we can learn from these people unless we are aiming to be geeljires forever.
Capture.PNG

The bedouins are abandoning their ways and becoming urban populations, benefiting the larger economy of the country they live in.
They have also kept their culture. They've basically done everything right and are benefiting their country culturally by holding festivals. This can also help tourism.
Meanwhile Somalis are sitting on top of the largest population of camels in the world and fucking Australia is making more money than us, using the shitty feral camels they have lying around in the outback. Geelgire are a valuable and integral part of their culture and in another world, maybe we did end up using their culture and commodities for tourism and economical benefit.

2mquo0h.jpg

Some farmers one day couldn't find sticks to build their huts so they just got rocks and built a mansion.
Or do you think reer roger built this for us?
WE WUZ KANGZ just accept cadaan hoe :pacspit:
any retard can stack stones and figure out how to build that very "complex" mansion :ivers:

my beef isn't with geeljires, I just don't see what nomad can learn from bedouins when both have stayed relatively the same for centuries with very few advancements.

View attachment 11988
The bedouins are abandoning their ways and becoming urban populations, benefiting the larger economy of the country they live in.
They have also kept their culture. They've basically done everything right and are benefiting their country culturally by holding festivals. This can also help tourism.
Meanwhile Somalis are sitting on top of the largest population of camels in the world and fucking Australia is making more money than us, using the shitty feral camels they have lying around in the outback. Geelgire are a valuable and integral part of their culture and in another world, maybe we did end up using their culture and commodities for tourism and economical benefit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...-beauty-violent-police-scared-cross-them.html

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
This is one example of Bedouins being resistant to societal progress and development.
There are 21 million Bedouins in the world. I don't see your point exactly. Is it that all Bedouins are like this?
The point is, a large number of them are now reer magaal and are actually benefiting their countries. Bedouins in Jordan (who make up 33% to 40% of the population) are referred to as the 'Backbone of Jordan'.

Are you fucking retarded? Building this with modern technology would be hard now imagine back in the 1800s? What's next the Egyptian pyramids could be built in one week?
are you really comparing one of the greatest civilisations that have contributed so much to the modern world to Somalis who figured out how to build a house:faysalwtf:

people 2000 years ago were building mansions of such great complexity and design that most modern architecture can't compete. what the f*ck is so special about building that little dusty bungalow in the '1800s'?

This is one example of Bedouins being resistant to societal progress and development.
There are 21 million Bedouins in the world. I don't see your point exactly. Is it that all Bedouins are like this?
The point is, a large number of them are now reer magaal and are actually benefiting their countries. Bedouins in Jordan (who make up 33% to 40% of the population) are referred to as the 'Backbone of Jordan'.
the point is that Somalis just like those bedouins, have kept their individualistic mentality and refuse to be led by anyone. its not like all the beduins in the middle east, from Jordan to Saudi Arabia are alike. the ones who seem most like Somalis are the ones i have posted and we dont need to learn anything from them.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
are you really comparing one of the greatest civilisations that have contributed so much to the modern world to Somalis who figured out how to build a house:faysalwtf:

people 2000 years ago were building mansions of such great complexity and design that most modern architecture can't compete. what the f*ck is so special about building that little dusty bungalow in the '1800s'?
Not sure if this is relevant, but Ancient Egypt was pretty overrated as a "Cradle of Civilisation".
They haven't contributed much to Biology, Physics, Maths or Geology, and they had less interest in astronomy than any other civilisation at the time, despite the conditions over there being near-ideal for viewing stars. Culturally they haven't really influenced the world in any major way. Sure, their pyramids and tombs have captured the world's imagination (which was relatively recent after Europeans 'discovered' Ancient Egyptian tombs), but in terms of culture? Law? Religion? Language? They didn't invent writing, or agriculture, or pottery, or glassmaking, or metal-working. It's just that they (in comparison to Mespotomia or any other civilisation) were in a hot desert climate so they were preserved much more easily, making them much more visible. Even architecturally, the pyramids are very simple structures, Some of the simplest, actually. If the Incan or Sumerian writing systems are ever fully deciphered, I get the feeling they'd contribute far more to philosophy, mathematics and science than Ancient Egypt ever did.

Not sure if this is relevant, but Ancient Egypt was pretty overrated as a "Cradle of Civilisation".
They haven't contributed much to Biology, Physics, Maths or Geology, and they had less interest in astronomy than any other civilisation at the time, despite the conditions over there being near-ideal for viewing stars. Culturally they haven't really influenced the world in any major way. Sure, their pyramids and tombs have captured the world's imagination (which was relatively recent after Europeans 'discovered' Ancient Egyptian tombs), but in terms of culture? Law? Religion? Language? They didn't invent writing, or agriculture, or pottery, or glassmaking, or metal-working. It's just that they (in comparison to Mespotomia or any other civilisation) were in a hot desert climate so they were preserved much more easily, making them much more visible. Even architecturally, the pyramids are very simple structures, Some of the simplest, actually. If the Incan or Sumerian writing systems are ever fully deciphered, I get the feeling they'd contribute far more to philosophy, mathematics and science than Ancient Egypt ever did.

http://www.ancient-egypt-online.com/ancient-egypt-technology.html

they might not be a 'cradle of civilisation' to you, but people who have existed 3500 BC were still making these discoveries/ inventions.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
the point is that Somalis just like those bedouins, have kept their individualistic mentality and refuse to be led by anyone. its not like all the beduins in the middle east, from Jordan to Saudi Arabia are alike. the ones who seem most like Somalis are the ones i have posted and we dont need to learn anything from them.
But the urbanised ones still exist. And we can still learn from them. It's like your dismissing what the original post had to say. It's still a valuable lesson that Somalis can benefit from. You've actually helped me in making my point - the ones most like Somalis are the ones who are actively disrupting other people's way of life in favour of their own. Now contrast that with the other bedouins.
My point is we can learn a valuable lesson from them. Your dismissal of my points and the fact that you say "we don't need to learn anything" is a classic example of that nomadic arrogance in action. Somalis as a whole have a hell of a lot to work on. Even within Africa, our country is considered a shithole. What a massive embarassment.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
http://www.ancient-egypt-online.com/ancient-egypt-technology.html

they might not be a 'cradle of civilisation' to you, but people who have existed 3500 BC were still making these discoveries/ inventions.
I wasn't debating whether or not Ancient Egypt was a cradle of civilisation or not.
My point is that it's probably one of the most exaggerated civilisations in terms of actual influence on the world.
They weren't the pioneers of extremely vital human developments like agriculture or writing. They improved on a lot of these things, sure.
But a civilisation's influence can be measured by its effects on other civilisations, and Ancient Egypt didn't actually influence many at all. You could arguably attribute a lot of its inventions and progress to its position on the Fertile Crescent, but that's a whole other argument.

But the urbanised ones still exist. And we can still learn from them. It's like your dismissing what the original post had to say. It's still a valuable lesson that Somalis can benefit from. You've actually helped me in making my point - the ones most like Somalis are the ones who are actively disrupting other people's way of life in favour of their own. Now contrast that with the other bedouins.
My point is we can learn a valuable lesson from them. Your dismissal of my points and the fact that you say "we don't need to learn anything" is a classic example of that nomadic arrogance in action. Somalis as a whole have a hell of a lot to work on. Even within Africa, our country is considered a shithole. What a massive embarassment.

if by learn you mean learn to not be like them then i agree. if you are looking to develop and progress, Arabs of any kind shouldn't really be your role model. there are plenty of countries in the world who have started out where we are ( not nomadic societies but i mean in terms of the chaos in their countries) and managed to somewhat catch up with the rest of the world. Arabs are still inherently divided and its for that very reason that its so easy for the west to exploit them. just because they have dictators in place now, doesn't mean they've learnt to follow authority and put they country before themselves or their tribes, sects etc.

I don't see how some dusty ass triangle is superior to a castle dumbass
and we had our own script called sumado look it up
yet you're trying to put us on the same pedestal as some bastards that got raped by arabs?

kkkkkkkk

that 'dusty triangle' is a million times more complex than that 'castle'. the point isn't what is built but how it was built. i don't know what somalis were doing in 3500BC but they sure weren't building castles. I would be surprised if they knew how to make those huts made out of grass yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending