Shaky Masculinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as many of our somali girls are mashallah, some of us are gonna be faced with marrying a woman who makes or will make more than us. If your wife is a foctor, no matter what Stem degree u have, she'll end up making more. So it'll only make sense that when you have kids, ninka will stay home and take care of the kids. My wife being the provider and me forced to rock some kids on my blossoming hips (seeing as how your estrogen levels would probably sky rocket) would probably shatter me, not a good outlook but it is what it is. I couldn't handle it. How would y'all feel is this hypothetical situation?

Your wife making more than you is not an excuse to give up working tho. Men should try their best and work as hard as they possibly can, and if still the wife makes more money, then it should be no problem because she's probably gotten there because of hard work too. With that said, we all know most industries pay men more than women(unfortunately). So all one needs to do is get a good degree and it's guarantee that the man will make more money.

That's how I feel wallahi, so u just gonna avoid some of the highest and quality educated halimos though? or sabotage her career? :lolbron::mjcry:

Or use her income to do good things you could not when you had to work to earn money for living. Like do a stint back home for few months and teach kids.

I would be regular at the mosque and let her do the heavy work hahahahahahaha. I haven't seen inside a mosque for eons due to work. Would be fun later in the evening when she comes from work. Will make her happy and give her attention worthy of her good working ethics. She hears nothing but encouragement to continue working for us.

I'm marrying a housewife

:russsmug:

I'm a simple man, just need a good looking wife who is religious. I don't find attraction in educated women.

If you have children with her, her education comes in handy. She can help with the homework. She can attend teacher conferences instead of you attending all the time if she can not speak English. When things get tough and poor family members call for help, you can both work to alleviate some of that poverty pain. her religious ethics will do more good things when she can transfer that faith intellectually to her kids in English, or in the Language the locals speak which most likely the kids will utilize as their first dominant language. The benefits are endless. I think you meant to be funny with your comments and you know all I said already.

There is no harm in marrying a non-educated Somali woman but the burden of raising the family might be greater on your shoulders even if she is doing her best to help, which most Somali women do who aren't educated. You might be poorer for it though not a big deal anyway considering our poor and unprivileged backgrounds.

Things are very different now than they were before, goodluck trying to live off a single income.

My point among other things. Life is tough as it is even with two income sometimes when both parents aren't educated and earning low wages. Life should be comfortable for people including children. You can even vacation back home with the kids if you have extra money and expose them to the good Somali culture that way. There are many good things money can buy.

SenseSays

Years to look forward to
My point among other things. Life is tough as it is even with two income sometimes when both parents aren't educated and earning low wages. Life should be comfortable for people including children. You can even vacation back home with the kids if you have extra money and expose them to the good Somali culture that way. There are many good things money can buy.

I agree that education is important but if life is already too difficult to handle then there is no need to add kids into the mixture of things. People rush into having kids with no plan and that is a pain to see.

Hey Sensei(reminds me of my favourite Jiraya Sensei), To want to have kids is part of human nature, so I would not fault people to have kids. Only exception is when a family has:

- Gene problems and they continuously have kids with mental isues due to genetics, or kids who are born sick
- When they are on welfare and have tons of children and raising those kids in an area that is poor and violent
- When the oldest kids are already losers and a parent didn't make the effort to influence them positively or failed and they keep having more only to lose the younger ones the same way they lost the older ones.

I am of the opinion that Somalis back home can have as many kids as they want. If you read our history and genetic lineage, it looks like we survived thousands of years through wars and isolation, by sticking together and our language being one of the oldest ones in East Africa. We are unique and our own brand of Africans neither Arabs nor of anything else. We have great heritage as Somalis ethnically speaking, so I am biased towards maintaining that for generations to come. It is good to know we existed 30, 000 years ago as a community and our genetic markers are shared today by people who don't look like Somalis but descended from same lineage we descended from. We can't throw that away by reducing our numbers. In America, that is fine with me, specially when you are losing kids to an inferior culture.

SenseSays

Years to look forward to
@Burhan

Great things happen when a country puts education first rather than making your life goal to have kids in the double digits. Our history and lineage were great at its time because it was home to very smart people and capable leaders. Right now the state of our country is in shambles. It's the responsibility of those who aren't residing in Somalia to be aware of what is going on there, to be apart of their culture so that they can possibly influence it for the better.

@Burhan

Great things happen when a country puts education first rather than making your life goal to have kids in the double digits. Our history and lineage were great at its time because it was home to very smart people and capable leaders. Right now the state of our country is in shambles. It's the responsibility of those who aren't residing in Somalia to be aware of what is going on there, to be apart of their culture so that they can possibly influence it for the better.

Sense

There should be a lesson in what others did for their society and how successful their experiment was. Japan, Italy and many other countries sacrificed population growth for education. Now those countries are scrambling to incentivize population growth because they are projected to die off with no immediate replacement. Both efforts should go in parallel. Population is an asset.

Many who experimented with population growth are in trouble now.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
Seeing as many of our somali girls are mashallah, some of us are gonna be faced with marrying a woman who makes or will make more than us. If your wife is a foctor, no matter what Stem degree u have, she'll end up making more. So it'll only make sense that when you have kids, ninka will stay home and take care of the kids. My wife being the provider and me forced to rock some kids on my blossoming hips (seeing as how your estrogen levels would probably sky rocket) would probably shatter me, not a good outlook but it is what it is. I couldn't handle it. How would y'all feel is this hypothetical situation?
You need understand more about STEM degrees before you make a claim that can be debunked, lol. Doctors are not the only one's that can make 170k-250k in their entry or middle level career, that's an old school immigrant fairy tale. Second of all, what makes you think all Somali girls are going to be doctors? If you're scared of a female making more than you, then marry a female that makes less than you. But also, why would a culturally Somali female doctor marry a guy who makes way less than her or wants to be a house husband?

In my STEM field, by time my girlfriend or future spouse finished medical school and her residency, I would should be making more than her anyway if I was on track. So I'm not worried about her making 130k-170k out of her residency. In principal I don't care, but deep down I wouldn't be happy making less than someone I was close to lool.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
It's better to have a two person income. Everything is getting more pricey and I wouldn't fuss if my future wife was making more then me. Stop this old school way of thinking.:kodaksmiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts