Serious Question: Why Can't Somalis Mind Their Own Business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
They think they have the right to judge every Somali person even though they don't know them nor are related to them.

I get random Somali ladies coming up to me in the street touching me like I'm related to them or something.

Even once on the train a random older Somali lady got on ( I was anxious as I was running late to work) she then put her phone in my face and told me to call a number. Apparently she left her gloves on another train and wanted me to track it down. I'm sat next to her thinking wtf your gloves are long gone but she still made me make the phone call. Thank god no one picked up she then asked me make another phone call to her friend. I was raised to respect my elders so I handed her my phone and she proceeded to have a full blown conversation with her friend on my phone. Honestly Somalis are so rude
Lol. I don't know this lady and she had no issues pushing me around.

Last edited:

ItsHanna

Next time act retarded

lol I should've but honestly there was no escaping that situation I had my iPhone in my hand and she sat down next to me. I wanted to cry. It's not like she asked me in a polite manner she litter said "Hey call this number" and put her phone in my face. She sat right next to me yet she was speaking to me in such a loud manner I had to tell her to lower her voice omg.

Lol sounds familiar

I've had aunties I don't know take me to their gps to translate stuff. One lady in a busy mall asked me to look after her very active lil son. She was like habo ii ilali pls and went. I felt bad for her so I looked after her child as she tried on stuff. When it got close to an hr I asked if I could go? She made some duas for me and I left.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
It has to do with probably with the Somali sister/brotherhood. I don't know about you, personally, most Somalis I have met for the first time I feel like I knew them before, meaning that we are similar and have an understanding. Also, a Somali would be more comfortable asking a fellow Somali for help whether they can speak the foreign country's language or not.

However on the judging thing, my mom told me that "every Somali girl is like my daughter" -- meaning that if she see's a Somali girl doing something "wrong" in her eyes, she would want to say something to her even though my mom isn't the type to engage.

To avoid any problems, just say thank you and move on. If they try to get aggressive, treat them like you would treat anyone else who would harass you in the streets.

Bohol

VIP
That is what being a Somali means. Once in a small town (no Somalis in the area at all) this Somali lady came up to me to help
her get on a bus to a different town. Somalis naturally connect easily when they are in the diaspora.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
@ItsHanna adeer! in all my years there's one thing ive learned. Don't go out of your way for a jaahil somali. That person will be ungrateful when you've suffered for him/her

Gambar

VIP
I would've said meel baan uu cararaya eedo iga raali noqo. There's helping and then there's doing too much, Somalis will take a mile from your inch.

ItsHanna

I would've said meel baan uu cararaya eedo iga raali noqo. There's helping and then there's doing too much, Somalis will take a mile from your inch.

She almost made me miss my train stop and there she is having a unimportant conversation on my phone with her friend.

Poor you for being a white socially awkward person that can't express yourself and goes through the menial task of talking and helping another Somali only to about it later.

She almost made me miss my train stop and there she is having a unimportant conversation on my phone with her friend.
Shit you almost lost your train? Damn that would make me soooo furious online long after it happened too.

btw someone minding your business is them getting into your personal life or something they're not a part of. Simply talking to someone or asking for help isn't minding their business. Are you a snowflake or something? Because the instances you've written down are nothing and easily avoided by just saying you're in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.