Puntland Regional Parties Need To Declare Their Platform

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I am still waiting to figure out what is the differences between puntland parties. I tried to check their facebook and websites and they don't seem to have one. Infact, I've never heard a single party discuss their party position on the following areas;

1. How to Accelerate infrastructure development such as water, electricity, roads, airports, ports
2. Institutional building. This is the thing that makes PL succeed over other southies leaving behind institutions unlike southies who over-invest in politicians
3. Taxation policy. Such as how to implement a full scale taxation program targetting all sales/income/business taxes across our population not just at custom points.
4. Health policy
5. Education policy
6. Security policy(internal and external)
7. Job creation policy for skilled and unskilled youth.
8. Civilian Crime policy
9. IDP. I want to see firm policy on either deportation or integration.
10. Climate change policy regarding how to make PL green.

We also need our parties to declare their political orientation towards Somalia. Centralism is banned in our constitution, so parties must either declare their arguments for federalism/confederation and even 'seccession' because in our constitution it says if the south of somalia continues time-wasting PL can secede.

What else do u guys think should be firm ideas of our parties.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is the stuff we puntites should be telling our leaders, we want parties that are based on ideas to improve Puntland. Those ideas may be various ideas and the polls will decide which one our locals support. Every time I see parties in PL on tv, they just hold conferences I don't hear a single policy.