Prohibition of Music Shaykh Salih Al Fāwzān حفظه الله

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
this serious? There is no direct verse in the quran that says singing is haram, and the hadiths out there are disputed. Kulaha consensus.

"“And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e., music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah, or the Verses of the Qur’an) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-fire)”

[Luqmaan 31:6].

The response to that is as follows:

Who are the commentators who quoted this verse as evidence for the prohibition on music? They are the majority of commentators, foremost among whom are three of the scholars, fuqaha’ and mufassireen among the Sahaabah, namely: ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abbaas, ‘Abdullah ibn Mas‘ood and ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with them)."

also, one of the hadith showing music is prohibited is in Bukhari. @Aurelian I would be curious to know what it is you really believe in terms of religion and if you're hiding what you really believe. you seem more dedicated to undermining Islam than many open ex-Muslims.

this serious? There is no direct verse in the quran that says singing is haram, and the hadiths out there are disputed. Kulaha consensus.
there is even no consensus on what consensus is :russ: :russ: :russ: :mjlol: .consensus is very important since the whole of human knowledge revolves around it, but in the context of islam, its abused a lot

I don't take Sheikh al Maghamsi serious after he said he wants to create a new madhab by himself 💀

I heard about him saying he wanted to make a new madhab and I thought this sounded way too bold for him to say that... but I wasn't sure what exactly his new madhab is supposed to be about.

I heard about him saying he wanted to make a new madhab and I thought this sounded way too bold for him to say that... but I wasn't sure what exactly his new madhab is supposed to be about.
I think he was serious but backed down when he saw his plan back fired horribly

Trending