Pro-Somaliland Advocate to be in Trump Administration

Status
Not open for further replies.
J. Peter Pham, well known Somaliland supporter, is reported to be the US Assistant Secretary of State for Africa.

http://www.jeuneafrique.com/mag/390...-donald-trump-aurait-trouve-monsieur-afrique/
Here he is moderating a discussion with the former Foreign Minister of Somaliland Dr. Mohamed Abdullahi Omar

@waraabe @TabK

Show me on the map where it says somaliland, legally fiction won't count.

An advertiser won't change long-held belief and Trump's interest in Africa is minimal, Somalia will remain united, and there is no legal framework recognize independence without the approval of Somalia.

If there's a benefit to Somaliland recognition, they'll recognize Somaliland.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
This clown Pham pops up during every Republican administration.

I have no idea how this little yellow man conned his way into Somali and African affairs when he was apparently a Catholic priest a while back

:dead:

This clown Pham pops up during every Republican administration.

I have no idea how this little yellow man conned his way into Somali and African affairs when he was apparently a Catholic priest a while back

:dead:

Let them have their disillusion for now, we can teach them nothing the 25 years failed attempt at independence

If there's a benefit to Somaliland recognition, they'll recognize Somaliland.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.
All it took was a phone call for Trump to be willing to recognize Taiwan. Now we have our own man feeding him information on Africa. :denzelnigga:

We already know what Trump thinks of Somalia :lolbron:

All it took was a phone call for Trump to be willing to recognize Taiwan. Now we have our own man feeding him information on Africa. :denzelnigga:

He didn't regonize Taiwan or even attempted to do that. Instead he used them as chip against China for insulting him previously and also he wanted to build hotels there, but if your ready to be used like that for no apparent benefit I won't stop :faysalwtf:

Taiwan is in the top 10 when it comes to the U.S. largest partners. Somaliland does maybe $1000 in trade with the U.S per year. No way relatable.

Gambar

VIP
Let them have their disillusion for now, we can teach them nothing the 25 years failed attempt at independence
S/Land is peaceful and is progressing. After going through the dictatorship and harsh treatment, an entire city turned to rubble and destroyed the people living there want peace and assurance which they have alhamdulilah. Ma xoog ba lagu haysta? Whether or not you believe in a union, shacabka S/Land (not all though) do not and are happy enough not to have compromised security and bombs going off.

Unfortunately there is a drought but with recognition of independence would come more funding for infrastructure to be able to better deal with such issues. It comes off xaasid when you say 25 years of no independence and ignore the development and progress. Peace and reconciliation is a must for the Somali people. Everybody is still holding grudges.

Taiwan is in the top 10 when it comes to the U.S. largest partners. Somaliland does maybe $1000 in trade with the U.S per year. No way relatable.
How much does the US pay in aid to Somalia and what do they do with it? Pham only has to mention what Somaliland has done and the US will recognize SL the next day.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
No such thing as somaliland. Its time SLand reunited with rest of somalia and build back the country together. This recognition is all a dream and will never happen stop this delusions :mjlol:

How much does the US pay in aid to Somalia and what do they do with it? Pham only has to mention what Somaliland has done and the US will recognize SL the next day.

It is in US interest to give Somalia aid. It's done for influence. They are happy to give you aid

S/Land is peaceful and is progressing. After going through the dictatorship and harsh treatment, an entire city turned to rubble and destroyed the people living there want peace and assurance which they have alhamdulilah. Ma xoog ba lagu haysta? Whether or not you believe in a union, shacabka S/Land (not all though) do not and are happy enough not to have compromised security and bombs going off.

Unfortunately there is a drought but with recognition of independence would come more funding for infrastructure to be able to better deal with such issues. It comes off xaasid when you say 25 years of no independence and ignore the development and progress. Peace and reconciliation is a must for the Somali people. Everybody is still holding grudges.

I believe that past mistakes should amended for including starting a civil war that has left ALL somalis worse off.

The progress is admirable but that is not argument for independence because they are part of the world with much better claims for independence that never got it because it dependents on a legally rational which you don't have, your only avenue for true idenpence is recognition from the rest of Somalia and right now your argument is poor and self-centered, the rest of country gets nothing out of it.

Peace won't come with independence argument, only a even worse war further extending a civil war that hurt all sides and made the country worse off. Your illusion is doom of both of us.

Somaliland doesn't hate USA. They bootyclap for them. It's the most coon African country, even more coon than Djiboutians.

Gambar

VIP
I believe that past mistakes should amended for including starting a civil war that has left ALL somalis worse off.

The progress is admirable but that is not argument for independence because they are part of the world with much better claims for independence that never got it because it dependents on a legally rational which you don't have, your only avenue for true idenpence is recognition from the rest of Somalia and right now your argument is poor and self-centered, the rest of country gets nothing out of it.

Peace won't come with independence argument, only a even worse war further extending a civil war that hurt all sides and made the country worse off. Your illusion is doom of both of us.

I agree that the civil war affected everybody but when it came to the military regime certain people benefited from it and would like to go back those hey days. Those who were the henchmen in particular got off scot free. They need to be taken to task everywhere in Somalia but that hasn't happened and I don't think it ever will. You have war lords and criminals in government which is mind boggling. I personally don't care about politics, all I care about is if there's peace, progress and development. That's what I've seen in S/Land. It's an unrecognized country and doing well considering the circumstances. S/Land is playing catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending