Old somali music >>>> New ones

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world

Dur Dur bands are by far the most talented Somali bands of all times.

this is what every Somali musicians should adapt to. Not some auto tone bulls*it we hear on our modern time.

Last edited:

K-M-O

Somali culture was it's peak in the 70's to mid 80's.

They had the best genres too
funk, soul and disco.

They also had inspiration from artist such as: Bob Marley and Michael Jackson.

I feel like this phenomena where old music are better than the new ones is just the norm at this point.

Somalis need to get back on making good music.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
@El Nino

is true what they say: since the collapse of our country our music came along with it.

:francis::jcoleno:

I disagree saxiib, we need to include the 90s, 2000s and early 2010s. Great music and lots of originality.

Here are some bangers

Only listen to Jamaac Yares original version, the new remixes are shitty. This is a certified all time classic song.

What a beat, if you ever shukaansi a girl named Aaliyah, send her this song.

We can also not forget this classic, what a tune

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Us somalis are truly great musicians man, even as a late comer to somali music, I can see the greatness.

K-M-O

I disagree saxiib, we need to include the 90s, 2000s and early 2010s. Great music and lots of originality.

Here are some bangers

Only listen to Jamaac Yares original version, the new remixes are shitty. This is a certified all time classic song.

What a beat, if you ever shukaansi a girl named Aaliyah, send her this song.

We can also not forget this classic, what a tune

We have our own preference saxib & that’s okay.

but the truth remains the old ones is forever classic.

A Mean Guy

Minister of Ajanabi Affairs
These songs are such a vibe. Nowadays Somali singers are trying to emulate the west by rapping. "kaaley inta imaaw ...rux rux":lawd:
mate STFU i don't want to hear u rap with a voice that was ruined by multiple years on khat.
and the poor Somali girls in the background. :mjlol:

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region ✝️
These songs are such a vibe. Nowadays Somali singers are trying to emulate the west by rapping. "kaaley inta imaaw ...rux rux":lawd:
mate STFU i don't want to hear u rap with a voice that was ruined by multiple years on khat.
and the poor Somali girls in the background. :mjlol:
The auto tune makes them sound like robots. Somali music can do just fine without western influence.

Strawberry

𐒚𐒁𐒖𐒄,Soomaalinimada,𐒖𐒐𐒘𐒒𐒆𐒘

Dur Dur bands are by far the most talented Somali bands of all times.

this is what every Somali musicians should adapt to. Not some auto tone bulls*it we hear on our modern time.
I adore their music, and I discovered their remastered CD in a thrift store a few years ago, which was one of my best finds.

They are icons.

Trending