OIL IN SOMALIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rep of SL Ministry of Natural Resources are currently drilling for oil.

But honestly it's a waste of time. We have better things to do than trying to find oil.

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
Last edited:
Rep of SL Ministry of Natural Resources are currently drilling for oil.

But honestly it's a waste of time. We have better things to do than trying to find oil.
No oil is the only thing of substance we really have right now.
Along with uranium and other natural resources but the problem is the corrupted government officials.
We don't need to turn into an Equatorial Guinea.
We need equal distribution of wealth.
:bell:

No oil is the only thing of substance we really have right now.
Along with uranium and other natural resources but the problem is the corrupted government officials.
We don't need to turn into an Equatorial Guinea.
We need equal distribution of wealth.
:bell:
The world is flush with oil now. It's not as valuable as it used to be. Even oil rich countries are transitioning to renewable energies.

We're better off using those drilling rigs to drill for water instead of oil.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP

There is no OIL nigga. Haven't you got the memo? It was water after all :mjlol::drakelaugh:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
The world is flush with oil now. It's not as valuable as it used to be. Even oil rich countries are transitioning to renewable energies.

Oil is still valuable today but will grow less and less valuable in the coming decades. Too bad Somalia didn't jump on that cash cow earlier :patrice:

maestro

Cultural revolution

Doesn't everyone agree that water is gonna be the most valuable resource in the coming decades? Water wars are coming

I agree reknewable energy is better for the environment and is a longer and more profitable venture than oil.
But it only accounts for 25% of the worlds energy supply and the returns and capital gains aren't instantaneous. And it's best left for devolped countries to tackle on.
Oil is fast money and with the famine turning into a drought.
We need quick money asap.

Gambar

VIP
Oil exploration will do more damage to the environment and it's a relatively short boom. They should invest in water infrastructure because every time there's a drought you can't just be praying to Allah swt to bring rain and people shouldn't be sending money to put a bandage on it. If there's an oil spill it would cause a huge tragedy.

Gambar

VIP
I agree reknewable energy is better for the environment and is a longer and more profitable venture than oil.
But it only accounts for 25% of the worlds energy supply and the returns and capital gains aren't instantaneous. And it's best left for devolped countries to tackle on.
Oil is fast money and with the famine turning into a drought.
We need quick money asap.
Renewable energy is cheaper, cost effective, and there will be immediate results for the people because there will be a good economy and good jobs. Imagine there's an oil spill and a drought at the same time?

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
What can we do with this large underground water we found? What would their uses be?

Truth to be told, the way things are going that i'm afraid the ground water itself won't be able to sustain us in the near future if we don't restore the water table and harvest the rainwater.

Truth to be told, the way things are going that i'm afraid the ground water itself won't be able to sustain us in the near future if we don't restore the water table and harvest the rainwater.

Israel has a drier climate than we do but manage to produce more water than they need. Somalia need to heavily invest in desalination process to combat drought and oil money can help in that regard, also more plants :ivers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending