Nigerian warship heads for Gambia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you consider the fact that this man Yahye Jammeh, has accepted an election and then lost it, why is it then wrong to get rid of him and put in the man the Gambian people actually voted for? This is precisely why Africa cannot move forward. Men who accept elections refuse to obey the results and refuse to leave. I'm guessing you prefer a civil war in the country? The west African countries are clearly defending the integrity of their own region by ensuring that dictators don't overstep the elections they hold.
Yahye Jammeh is a Gambian. The affairs of Gambia is for the Gambian people, not for their neighbors, Asian, Middle Easterners, Europeans, etc. Understood? The moment you come in here with the bullshit you were spewing earlier, the minute your entire rhetoric of "fighting for the Gambian people" dies.

Don't come in here with that neo-imperialism rhetoric in here. You and I know if Putin, Obama, or the Chinese President refuse to step down from power, not a single country would entertain the idea of invading either countries to put in power what the people voted for. lol

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Yahye Jammeh is a Gambian. The affairs of Gambia is for the Gambian people, not for their neighbors, Asian, Middle Easterners, Europeans, etc. Understood? The moment you come in here with the bullshit you were spewing earlier, the minute your entire rhetoric of "fighting for the Gambian people" dies.

Don't come in here with that neo-imperialism rhetoric in here. You and I know if Putin, Obama, or the Chinese President refuse to step down from power, not a single country would entertain the idea of invading either countries to put in power what the people voted for. lol

Putin is a dictator supported by his people, so is the Chinese leader and Barrack Obama. If Obama refused to leave, there are measures to remove them. Plus, democracy is strong in America.

You're one of those people who prefers a civil war where the people kill each other instead of a smooth transition of power from a dictator to the rightly elected individual. The Gambian people have made a decision and their decision was disrespected, now their neighbours are coming to help.

Everything is imperialism to you lot! Get up off your bullshit victim mentality and realise that the world is brutal and some people are doing the best they can to make it better. There's nothing that opens up the idea that the west has anything to do with this situation. Nothing to give the idea that the west African nations have hostile intentions.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
No, this action is being taken by west African nations to ensure the stability of the wider and volatile region. This is something that effects them. Your example is terrible because china is not going to be affected by the affairs of an East African nation.
Ignoring the current state of Somalia, are you saying that Somalia can just invade Ethiopia because they said they have a dictator and its to "ensure the stability of the wider and volatile Horn region"?

That's BS and you know it.

In regards to the topic, there are dictators all across Africa, but they chose to pick the Muslim dictator to overthrow. Very interesting.

@Inquisitive_ what do you think sxb? Do you disagree?

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Ignoring the current state of Somalia, are you saying that Somalia can just invade Ethiopia because they said they have a dictator and its to "ensure the stability of the wider and volatile Horn region"?

In regards to the topic, there are dictators all across Africa, but they chose to pick the Muslim dictator to overthrow. Very interesting.

You need to look it at it from the perspective of what had actually occurred. Yahye Jammeh had accepted an election and lost then refused to stand down. I mean, do you prefer bloodshed where people rise up to the dictator? This man rejected the mandate of the Gambian people and thus overthrowing him is justified.

As for the rest of Africa, this has nothing to do with that. This action is being considered by Ecowas (economic cooperation of west African states) meaning that it doesn't concern the wider African continent. This is an action being considered by west African countries.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
You need to look it at it from the perspective of what had actually occurred. Yahye Jammeh had accepted an election and lost then refused to stand down. I mean, do you prefer bloodshed where people rise up to the dictator? This man rejected the mandate of the Gambian people and thus overthrowing him is justified.

As for the rest of Africa, this has nothing to do with that. This action is being considered by Ecowas (economic cooperation of west African states) meaning that it doesn't concern the wider African continent. This is an action being considered by west African countries.
And what about the Oromo and the Amharas, are they not rising up to their dictators? The Gambian people are not rising up to their dictator, whilst the Ethiopian people are.

So are you saying if the TPLF held an election, but refused it, then Ethiopia's neighbours will unite to overthrow the dictatorship? Would that happen in your opinion? Of course not. That will would lead to war, but because Ethiopia has a strong army it would never happen.

What Nigeria & other West African countries are doing, won't stop dictatorships. Rather it will allow stronger countries to invade weaker countries on a fake ridiculous pretext.

There is absolutely no difference between a dictator that rejects an election result, a dictator that rigs an election, and a dictator that completely rejects democracy. They are all one, and no country should violate another country's sovereignty for any of the above reasons.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP

Senegal is 95% Muslim and Nigeria is 50% Muslim. Both got Muslim presidents.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Obviously they're only doing this because Gambia is a non country with a million people max.

ECOWAS, with backing from the West, wants to flex their muscles and use Gambia as a test run for future interventions.

Putin is a dictator supported by his people, so is the Chinese leader and Barrack Obama. If Obama refused to leave, there are measures to remove them. Plus, democracy is strong in America.

You're one of those people who prefers a civil war where the people kill each other instead of a smooth transition of power from a dictator to the rightly elected individual. The Gambian people have made a decision and their decision was disrespected, now their neighbours are coming to help.

Everything is imperialism to you lot! Get up off your bullshit victim mentality and realise that the world is brutal and some people are doing the best they can to make it better. There's nothing that opens up the idea that the west has anything to do with this situation. Nothing to give the idea that the west African nations have hostile intentions.
Putin is a dictator supported by his people? If his people supported him, then he wouldn't be a dictator now would he? WTF :lol: Just stop it man, you're making yourself look stupid. Democracy is very relative. What is consider "democracy" in one country, might not be considered "democracy" in another country. Not to mention, who gives you (the said country) the right to dictate the laws and practices of another country? It is not their business. Democracy as you mention it...should not be about imposing your way of thinking and practices on others.

The Gambian people can remove one of their own from power if they so choose to do so. You, The_Cosmos have no right to enter Gambia in order to overthrow the Gambian government because you happen to dislike what he has done. You're not Gambian therefore you have zero rights to force yourself into mixing in their affairs.

The world is brutal? For some it is, for others it isn't. You said, "Some people are doing the best they can to make it better", that in itself is fucking perspective. What you consider "better" might not necessary be "better" for another person. You need to get off your bullshit narrow minded thinking. lol

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Putin is a dictator supported by his people? If his people supported him, then he wouldn't be a dictator now would he? WTF :lol: Just stop it man, you're making yourself look stupid. Democracy is very relative. What is consider "democracy" in one country, might not be considered "democracy" in another country. Not to mention, who gives you (the said country) the right to dictate the laws and practices of another country? It is not their business. Democracy as you mention it...should not be about imposing your way of thinking and practices on others.

The Gambian people can remove one of their own from power if they so choose to do so. You, The_Cosmos have no right to enter Gambia in order to overthrow the Gambian government because you happen to dislike what he has done. You're not Gambian therefore you have zero rights to force yourself into mixing in their affairs.

The world is brutal? For some it is, for others it isn't. You said, "Some people are doing the best they can to make it better", that in itself is fucking perspective. What you consider "better" might not necessary be "better" for another person. You need to get off your bullshit narrow minded thinking. lol

I'm not going to have a back and forth conversation, I have articulated my opinion and I think it's justified. understand that my points and your points are just opinions.

Let's see how the situation unravels.

I'm not going to have a back and forth conversation, I have articulated my opinion and I think it's justified. understand that my points and your points are just opinions.

Let's see how the situation unravels.
The_Cosmos, the arguer, the one who use to write paragraphs after paragraphs in his defensive against the existence of God is now...running away with his tail between his legs. Your opinion was not only an opinion, but outright garbage. lol

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
The_Cosmos, the arguer, the one who use to write paragraphs after paragraphs in his defensive against the existence of God is now...running away with his tail between his legs. Your opinion was not only an opinion, but outright garbage. lol

:drakekidding: Mr 'Everyone is the fault of the west!'

Let's see what happens I say so we can see how things unravel. Nobody is running, just being very clever about waiting to see how things come out instead of speculating.

:drakekidding: Mr 'Everyone is the fault of the west!'

Let's see what happens I say so we can see how things unravel. Nobody is running, just being very clever about waiting to see how things come out instead of speculating.
WTF, I never said the West was ever the problem of anything. What does the West have to do with Gambia? We were talking about Gambia's African neighbors invading Gambia for their own interests. You were defending their agendas and I was against it. Simple as that.

When it comes to God's existence, you speculate and write thousands of words and paragraphs to reject God. But, when it came to this and I totally obliterated your opinion, you say "I don't want to speculate, I rather wait to see how things come out". lol

People should take responsibility and take hold of their own future instead of pointing fingers at the same people who sign your welfare check.
You're the one that wants to see Senegal and Nigeria take hold of the future of the Gambian people. Fucking hypocrite.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
WTF, I never said the West was ever the problem of anything. What does the West have to do with Gambia? We were talking about Gambia's African neighbors invading Gambia for their own interests. You were defending their agendas and I was against it. Simple as that.

When it comes to God's existence, you speculate and write thousands of words and paragraphs to reject God. But, when it came to this and I totally obliterated your opinion, you say "I don't want to speculate, I rather wait to see how things come out". lol

Obliterate?! :damn:

The guy has agreed to cede power and leave now that he was threatened by the Senegalese.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.al...grees-step-170120184330091.html?client=safari

And you claimed they were out to violate the sovereignty of the nation. Their threats worked and now Yahye Jammeh is leaving as the Gambian people intended.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
I bet you an all lives matter nigga too :icon lol:

IMG_0209.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts