New to this forum

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by RagingSince, Dec 26, 2016.

1. 666

666 ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

Ratings:
    +15,197
    Nothing humorous about it, you identify as the country of your origin not by the colour white people identified slaves with.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Adheer Warsame

Adheer Warsame 1500 all in singles

Ratings:
    +3,843
    We see those guys as different because they are different
    We evolved differently which means we have different skull shapes
    Just because we share the same continent as them, doesn't mean we are them. They are as genetically related to us as mongoloid Koreans are.

3. maestro

maestro

Ratings:
    +1,934
    People consider Somalis as black so we are black. Culturally though we have absolutely nothing in common with other blacks. We are also genetically distant from them but if other people consider you to be black then you are black. Only those who have issues with black people will be offended by it but most of us don't mind being called black.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 666

666 ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

Ratings:
    +15,197
    What you said reminds me of the: looking glass self, a brain research and sociology idea where individuals grow how they see themselves
    in light of how others see them pretty much what you said and I agree with it to an extent. Yes, people do see me as black but I'm Somali.

5. RagingSince

RagingSince

Ratings:
    +113
    Nah,
    I'm a dude

6. dhegdheer

dhegdheer Grand Mufti of Las Vegas

Ratings:
    +4,799
    Welcome

They get very emotional over these type of questions sxb, take care lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. cantspeak

cantspeak

Ratings:
    +474
    your posts crack me up lmao.

"We evolved differently which means we have different skull shapes"

hahahahahaha

8. Adolf-Hitler

Adolf-Hitler

Ratings:
    +2,806
    How come darkies form southest Asia aren't called blacks then? The majority of tamils, and other south indians and a lot of sra lankans are as dark as some africans and they aren't called black. The term black is a social construct sxb. Haven't you noticed how countries like Eypt and Libya are termed "middle east" in the west? Having a black skin color is different from what these people mean black. It's also the same reason why Cristiano Ronaldo and other Arab looking Greeks are considered white and european even though they are darker than the rest of europe.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Somali psycho

Somali psycho

Ratings:
    +726
    People accept European classification,unconditionally, as sacrosanct. If they classify you as purple, would you also accept that?

I remember in the mid 20th century, Somalis were classifies as Caucasians but now days we're negroid; we are the only ones who can define ourselves.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Adolf-Hitler

Adolf-Hitler

Ratings:
    +2,806
    Exactly. who the hell defined these terms anyway and more importantly, who the hell said we have to agree and abide by them?

• Like Like x 5
  11. Somali psycho

Somali psycho

Ratings:
    +726
    Exactly. We control our own narrative. :salute:

• Like Like x 1
  12. CitrusFlower

CitrusFlower

Ratings:
    +1,003
    It is silly, same with the term African American. It's cos ppl have been brainwashed to believe Africa is a black continent.

13. Merca

Merca

Ratings:
    +753
    Interracial marriages and such are deemed as a taboo when it comes to females doing it, because the children inherit their clan from their father so if the father is a non-Somali then the children won't be Somalis either. That's what I learnt through this site, and it seems it's mostly men that are against interracial marriages.

14. Merca

Merca

Ratings:
    +753
    Black people aren't all the same. Race is also a social construct. I, and many other Somalis IRL see ourselves as black.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Adolf-Hitler

Adolf-Hitler

Ratings:
    +2,806
    Yap. Besides what is with this we are the same people when we divide each other as Somalis? Weird people.

• Like Like x 1