New to this forum

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by RagingSince, Dec 26, 2016.

1. RagingSince

RagingSince

I've been a long time lurker in this website. Keep in mind, I am Somali, so no need to believe it is the work of the Altright infiltrating your website. But, a question I have is targeted towards you guys/gal as a whole. How come the "majority"(majority is in quotation because I haven't read every single thread towards this specific topic) hate out-of-ethnicity dating, and consider it taboo?

And how come you guys see African-Americans/West Africans as a different race than us? Most of the time people here don't consider themselves black, which is quite funny. They usually say "they have bigger lips then us" or "smaller eyes than us", but I really don't see that as an entirely different race

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  2. Kim So-Jin

Kim So-Jin

Its mostly self haters who think they're not black. And its mostly the guys who hate racemixing as they deem men from other races a threat to taking their halimos jamacians being a prime example

3. RagingSince

RagingSince

But, aren't Jamaicans black as well? I wouldn't consider that race mixing, since we're apart of the same race. Don't you agree?

4. Cognitivedissonance

Cognitivedissonance Wandering wayfarer

For one to call themselves black they're effectively denying their ethnicity, culture, country, heritage..the word black has many negative connotations whereas the word white has many positive ones, a little food for thought:hmm: the power is in one naming yourself & not allowing others to name you. I'm a Somalis it's beyond me why would a Somali call themselves black when that word is an English word, we as Somalis have our own language it's called Somali.

5. Cognitivedissonance

:chrisfreshhah: Illahay ba kugu dharshee Somali ba tahay :comeon:

Somalis & Jamaicans are the same race like Arab & Swedish are the same race or a person from Japan is the same race as an Nigerian.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  6. Cognitivedissonance

@Kim So-Jin judging by her name & avatar I would say she's the same race as a Korean.

7. Transparent

Transparent

There are noticeable differences in phenotype between ourselves and Jamaicans,and by mixing with a Jamaican you are entering into a people that are entirely different to us linguistically, culturally,religiously and phenotypically therefore, i deem it race mixing.

8. RagingSince

RagingSince

You can't just create a different definition of the term "race mixing"

9. Transparent

Transparent

Because of the term's historical use in contexts that typically implied disapproval, more unambiguously neutral terms such as interracial, interethnic or cross-cultural are more common in contemporary usage.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscegenation

10. Kim So-Jin

Kim So-Jin

:mjlol:

dhegdheer and SenseSays like this.
  11. Galaeri

Galaeri

You start off buy saying you are Somali. Are you even Somali waryaa?

A Somali would no that Bantus are not the same as us. We are different races entirely, we don't even look the same. We don't share a culture, and with many we don't even share a religion.

Do you know what race is btw?

12. DuchessNinkiiUuriyey

DuchessNinkiiUuriyey Founding father and illegal father of Abdijohnson

Are you a female ? This is paramount importance to me

13. Arbe QalanjLa'aan

Arbe QalanjLa'aan

So the reason why I don't like out of ethnicity marriage is because it would rob my children of the identity I'm blessed to naturally have, I couldn't see myself with a non somali chick, but others can do what they will.

The problem with calling us 'black' is that it's 1. a foreign term created by whites 2. Not descriptive as to who we are, our circumstances and where we come from. A Kenyan is different from me, let alone a jamaican of AA from literally across the world. Putting us into one blind group bc of our brown (not black) skin is an injustice 3. We're actually not the color black, we're mostly a dark shade of brown

14. Air Jalam

Air Jalam Geed hooskiis

15. ded

ded

Genetically we are entirely different to AA. We are our own race/our own group. Estimates of last ancestor between us are 50,000 years. There is nothing I have against bantus, just that they should leave somalia.

I am against race-mixing cause I believe as the generations go on, the descedents will lose their sense culture and identity.