Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_5667.JPG
This is the best style

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Anyway I vote for guuntimo made out of diric material for women :fittytousand:
Good luck persuading women to wear that, you must convince the shiekhs before plunging at the chance of a women wearing a guuntino, they are practically an instinct attire, swapped in favour for the more heavy duty jiilbaab. Society has become far to conservative where women even wear burka's . You will never see the return of a Dirac let alone a guuntiino, an enlightenment will only create a breakage from this rigid religious tenants.

Good luck persuading women to wear that, you must convince the shiekhs before plunging at the chance of a women wearing a guuntino, they are practically an instinct attire, swapped in favour for the more heavy duty jiilbaab. Society has become far to conservative where women even wear burka's . You will never see the return of a Dirac let alone a guuntiino, an enlightenment will only create a breakage from the rigid religious tenants.

It's very sad isn't it? how women are policed to the extent that they can even chose what to wear. Most of our old dhaqan is slowly dying because of salafism

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
It's very sad isn't it? how women are policed to the extent that they can even chose what to wear. Most of our old dhaqan is slowly dying because of salafism
We western diaspora understand the rate of social decline Somalia is heading, sufi is no longer our main religious sect, dare I say it's salafi core doctrines that have seeped into somalia. And I blame these so called suadI thought shiekhs in propagating these extreme version of the religion. It has destroyed all freedoms Somali women once possessed. It's sad really and many yearn for the pre war days. The younger generation in Somalia are obsessed with heading to the west. Only to escape the drugery they face currently. I am sad as a woman that I cannot wear what I please without rocks being thrown at me or eyeyos hurling abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending