My family and friends encourage me to do this on the side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I am approached by my family members or friends to find them tickets after they are disappointed by the Somali travel agency in town. Them agents hate me by I would find a cheaper tickets for them and they'd tell the agents and the agents are like " why can't he just join us" and I'm like " no sir".

Just last month 2 friends were heading to Hargeisa but they wanted to stay in Dubai for few days. These agents told them that it would be $2200 because it is high season and airlines to Somalia are filled up

They approached me and I told them that the best thing to do is to break the ticket apart. Besides you guys are adult and there's no children or family and you can soldier on with getting your luggage from one airline to the other.

This is how I broke it down.

$180 from Columbus to DC with some local airline....get your luggages, you got 4 hours to go to Emirates airlines

DC to Dubai $758 (non-stop)

Stay in dubai for 3 days...

I then booked flydubai online ( somali agents have no connection with them and are unaware looool)
For $610

In total: $1550 :hemad::hemad:

Coming back they'll stay in dubai for 4 days

waraabe

Your superior
never go to somali travel agents or any travel agents

always book online and don't always rely on those cheap flight websites

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I always cut it online but i could just never do it when someone is going to the motherland bc them airlines are third world shity shady stuff. You can't book them online , heck even when it is booked the old fashioned way they'll still sell your seat. But thanks to flydubai I now can do it. On top if that I put insurance on them for just additional $30, just to be on the safe side.

I'm glad we have an international airlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending