Mayor of Mogadishu and Governor of Baanadir, Omar Filish speaking about the opposition

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Filish, a former MP and powerful Mogadishu warlord in Mogadishu's Madina district quoted a verse from the Holy Quran to justify violence against the opposition figures.

"If they try to disturb the stability, Allah has ordered us how to deal with them, and this is what Allah said in Surat al Ahzab: If the hypocrites, and those with sickness in their hearts, and rumour-mongers in Medina [town] do not desist, We will certainly incite you against them, and then they will not be your neighbours there any longer," Mr Filish went on to say "they deserve to be condemned. If they were to persist, they would get themselves captured and killed relentlessly wherever they are found!"

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Filish accused the opposition figures of working on behalf of foreign interests.

"Foreign governments have used the opposition, and I promise you this: we will send them back to those countries that sent them."

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Filish pushed back against the calls for Fahad Yasin's resignation saying that he should not be removed from role until the end of his term.

He also accused the opposition figures of fuelling and fanning tribal flames.

"Now they are saying 'we are the Hawiye and we will take up arms'. Is that so? Isn't our Prime Minister Mohamed Hussein Roble Hawiye?. What about me? I am the governor of this region who is tasked with protecting its citizens. Am I not Hawiye? Filish rhetorically asked the audience. "We will not allow anyone to destabilize the country and our city.”