Local Somalis: Diaspora Somalis TOOK our JOBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

As millions of Somalis and the world witnessed the inauguration of the ninth President of the Federal Republic of Somalia last Wednesday in a relatively organized ceremony not every one was appreciative of the organizers of the event .

In no time after the celebratory mood was over local youth were made clear that they had drawn a battle line against their fellow youth from the diaspora.

Social media came abuzz with posts by local youth criticizing the preference of diaspora youth in the event organization.

A journalist and blogger Jankeir Jamal Blogger posted on his Facebook account that the inauguration ceremony organizers were mainly youth from the diaspora. Locals were reduced into observers and left out of the event .

Jamal went further to demand that the Farmaajo administration should not ignore the local youth.

His sentiments were shared across the country by most local Somali youth and a debate had been triggered over the supposed culture of preferential treatment towards the diaspora in government jobs allocation .

“I have lived in Mogadishu throughout the civil war. Despite the challenges we face as youth I managed to study hard and got a degree at Horn Africa University. But I remain jobless after several attempts to seek job with the government “ Ahmed Abdian unemployed graduate told Radio Dalsan.

“It pains me to see all the jobs go to those who have been living abroad. We deserve to be considered too but we have no connections. Its about who you know” Abdi said

Abdi Abdullahi an analyst warns that the situation may lead to another conflict in Somalia .

“We do not want another conflict in Somalia. We have been through clan fighting. We are facing a war against Alshabaab ,we are dealing with a war on corruption. Now am foreseeing a conflict between the locals and the diaspora” Abdullahi told Radio Dalsan.

“It may seem like we from the diaspora are taken a larger portion of government jobs but it’s a misconception. We are Somalis like any other Somalis. We are back in Somalia because we love this country and want to take part in its development. We have sacrificed and left a lot to comeback home”.

In 2016 a nationwide debate was triggered when a Minister said on national tv talk show that diaposra Somalis were more qualified than local Somalis.

Outgoing Minister of Planning Abdi Aynte accused the country’s universities of producing half baked graduates. Aynte said the education system is below the average standard and that locally educated graduates lacked quality to qualify for employment opportunities suggesting those from the diasporawere better for the jobs.

Youth on Social media protested the ministers argument.

Critics say favourism and nepotism has replaced meritocracy in government jobs allocation .

“The reason why ministers prefer to hire the diaspora is because most of theme are from the diaspora and are likely to offer jobs to friends in the UK or US where they came from” Abshir Mohamud a social commentator said.

This is the first time that Somalia is having a president from the diaspora since the civil war.

And locals are more concerned that the trend may even be more pronounced in the Farmaajo administration which is headed by a President with an American citizenship a Prime.

Minister designate and Speaker who are both naturalized Norwegians.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
You need somalis with a brain to fix that shithole. It's about time to ones outside came back to help out
Ones inside need to fix it ones outside caused civil war and are causing clan warfare and fueling it.

The locals are have terrible education and went to schools that wouldn't be allowed to exist in the West.

The locals should learn from Western Somalis and 10 years from now, after they are taught by them and by consultants from like Deloitte on proper public service, then maybe they can have those jobs.

It's a crazy world where we allow non-somalis to come for business or anything but lose your mind over a diasporian helping out

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
I can see a conflict between diasporans and locals in the near future.

The Diaspora community will declare their own state in the future, watch :francis: If there's one thing Somalis are good at its separating themselves into arbitrary little groups and then getting into conflicts with each other:kanyeshrug:

I understand the feeling of staying in Somalia and going through the hard ships to see someone who jumped on a plane away 20 years ago come in and tell you what to do. And the Somali is rebellious under authority by nature so that worsens it.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Ayo those diasporan Somalis need to humble themselves I mean even those Taxidrivers feel like Gods when they set foot back home and SHEIT.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
This is an issue a lot of people predicted.

Regardless, the fact that it is now real and not a hypothetical speaks volumes about our recent progress.

:banderas:

We're gonna make it lads

:ahh:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
lmfao Niggas were Taxidrivers and shit in Diaspora but tell locals back home they were Doctors and Sheit, PHD n Sheit.

No wonders theres so much problems

Status
Not open for further replies.