List of voters registered by region & district published by Somaliland election commission

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is some suspect math. Most estimates puts the population in SL controlled areas to 3.4-4 million, or a third of the Somali population within the Somali republic.
The figures on here from SL official sources point otherwise. Am not the one who came up with or did i?

Again you Said yourself 4m was estimate so thats not factual!

The figures on here from SL official sources point otherwise. Am not the one who came up with or did i?

Again you Said yourself 4m was estimate so thats not factual!

The range of the estimate is 3.4 - 4.0, meaning that at the lowest it is 3.4 and at the highest it is 4.0

So they must at least be 2 voters for that to be true or the demographics of SL must be very young.

Awdal, Saaxil, Togdheer and Maroodi Jeex are likely quite accurate.

Ceerigaabo, Ceel afweyn and Garadag are also most likely accurate as well as the Caynaba district of Sool.

A a good chunk of the Dhulbahanta and most of the Warsangeli did not register themselves for voting.

Heemaal - This is voter registrations it depends on who registers. A lot of people, even in the SL heartland do not register themselves.

It was also claimed a good chunk of the population had migrated to the Deep Hawd during last year's fraught when most of the registration was going in.

One more thing - Registration was a lot more stringent this time - None of the mass multiple registrations of last time.

Children under the age of 16 also probably make up at least half the population.

Bare in mind also all Somalis exaggerate their population. I very much doubt SL population is more than 2.5-3 million.

Great post:qri8gs7:

SL like other developing countries in the region has a very young population and over 70% are under 30 so it's safe to assume 40-50% of the population are under voting age.

In addition, let's not forget that about a 1/3 of the population are nomadic (could be less now due to devastating continuing drought) so it will be quite hard to register people on the move.

All in all its quite an accurate picture.

Bohol

VIP
Awdal is impressive. Numbers close to the entire Togdheer region (a shared region) registered. Guul for WADANI. :wow1:

Awdal districts
Boorame - 90,469
Baki - 14, 830
Saylac - 26,547
Lughaya - 15, 185

Full list
http://burcoonline.com/articles/590...angelisay-Gobolada-Iyo-Degmooyinka-Somaliland

2zgsx04.png

2v32e6d.png

Last edited:

Oscar

Het beste uitzicht
Reer Awdal crying that Togdheer got Higher number, what did they expect. burco alone has more poplation than all of awdal :ivers:

Bohol

VIP
Not true. Awdal registered numbers are 147, 031 while Burco district is 144,959. If you take away Oodweyne and Buhoodle which
are different districts and known as different regions Awdal actually has more registered voters than Togdheer.

C8ARwVNWsAA0GeL.jpg

Last edited:
Ranking of degmo by registered vote numbers.

1- Hargeisa

------- Under 200,000 ----------

2- Burco

------- Under 100,000 -----------

3- Boorame

4- Berbera

5- Gabiley

6- Ceergaabo

-------- Under 50,000 -------------

7- Caynaba

8- Laascaanood

9- Saylac

10- Oodweyne

--------- Under 20,000 -------------

11- Ceel-Afwayn

12- Salaxley

13- Lughaya

14- Sheekh

15- Baki

16- Bali-Gubadle

17- GarAdag

-------- Under 10,000 ---------

18- Buuhoodle

19- Xudun

20- Taleex

--------- Under 5,000 -----------

21- Badhan

Goes to show you whomever win in the first 3 cities of Hargeisa, Burco and Borama will win the elections

Last edited:
Not true. Awdal registered numbers are 147, 031 while Burco district is 144,959. If you take away Oodweyne and Buhoodle whichare different districts and known as different regions Awdal actually has more registered voters than Togdheer.

Maybe you should extend the same courtesy to Awdal and exempt Saylac which is otherwise known as Selel region than Burco's sole district can easily blow Awdal out of the equation.

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
Interesting, so the SL government abandoned the formation of the new regions like Selel, Saraar, Hawd and etc

Awdal, Saaxil, Togdheer and Maroodi Jeex are likely quite accurate.

Ceerigaabo, Ceel afweyn and Garadag are also most likely accurate as well as the Caynaba district of Sool.

A a good chunk of the Dhulbahanta and most of the Warsangeli did not register themselves for voting.

Heemaal - This is voter registrations it depends on who registers. A lot of people, even in the SL heartland do not register themselves.

It was also claimed a good chunk of the population had migrated to the Deep Hawd during last year's fraught when most of the registration was going in.

One more thing - Registration was a lot more stringent this time - None of the mass multiple registrations of last time.

Children under the age of 16 also probably make up at least half the population.

Bare in mind also all Somalis exaggerate their population. I very much doubt SL population is more than 2.5-3 million.

Around 3 million would be a pragmatic estimate

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
These results are pretty accurate for population estimates if you factor in the 60-70% youth. Sool, East of caynaba region is an empty barren land, I'm surprised lascaanood region even got near 30,000, the city is really tiny. These figures are a great step towards census of clan population...A lot of people oo faani jiray ayaa iskuxaari doona :pachah1:

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
These results are pretty accurate for population estimates if you factor in the 60-70% youth. Sool, East of caynaba region is an empty barren land, I'm surprised lascaanood region even got near 30,000, the city is really tiny. These figures are a great step towards census of clan population...A lot of people oo faani jiray ayaa iskuxaari doona :pachah1:

Let's not get carried away here, there's no way Laascaanood is smaller than Berbera or Ceerigaabo.

Anywhere east of Burco and south of Ceerigaabo is a barren desert.

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
Let's not get carried away here, there's no way Laascaanood is smaller than Berbera or Ceerigaabo.

Anywhere east of Burco and south of Ceerigaabo is a barren desert.

I've been to lascanood and majority of villages in Somaliland. I think berbera is a lot bigger, especially in actual size. Lascanood is tiny sxp

I lived in many of these areas for a good portion of my lifr. East of burco is green like beer, wadaamago and many other degmooyin. When I say barren I mean treeless without even much shrubbery which is what most of Sool is.

Correlation between number of registered votes per region and allocation of funds by SDF

2017 REG VOTE.PNG

SDF_funds_benfitting_all_regions_of_Somaliland_says_planning_minister_Dr_Saad_Ali_Shire_inset.jpg

Why Gabiley get funding as stand alone region they come under Maroodi-jeex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending