Lets support Dalsoor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taageer Dalsoor: Waxaan jeclaysanay inaan ballaadhinno adeega Dalsoor, badinno barnaamijyada muhiimka u ah bulshada Soomaaliyeed laakiin waan awoodi la'nahay. Taageeradaada awgeed, Dalsoor way madax banaanaani, wayna wadi u adeegida bulshada Soomaaliyeed.
Haddii aad joogto u bixinayso deeqda, halkan taabo: http://www.dalsoor.com/
Haddii aad halmar deeq bixinayso, halkan taabo:
Support Dalsoor: We would like to increase the work of Dalsoor and to produce more programs that are important for the Somali people but we are unable to make them. With your support, Dalsoor can remain independent and continue serving the Somali society.
If you wish to make a regular contribution, click here: http://www.dalsoor.com/
If you wish to make a one-off donation, click here:

Dalsoor is a great innovative media plateform. However it should be funded by the UN initiatives. Theres correct avenues for them to recieve funding. I dont agree on public funds. They will turn into a currupt organization. Also whats their costs? Wifi? Paying the journalists money for thier work? Lets be real we live in a free media world their costs shouldnt be that much. Theyre basically a youtube news network. Their ads alone should generate enough funds to sustain them

Dalsoor is a great innovative media plateform. However it should be funded by the UN initiatives. Theres correct avenues for them to recieve funding. I dont agree on public funds. They will turn into a currupt organization. Also whats their costs? Wifi? Paying the journalists money for thier work? Lets be real we live in a free media world their costs shouldnt be that much. Theyre basically a youtube news network. Their ads alone should generate enough funds to sustain them

Look how small media like dalsoor had effected and united somalis and educated them on Ethiopian occupation under Amisom, water dispute with Kenya. Dalsoor was opening eyes of Somalis and trust me with our support it will be next Somali CNN.

120$ Yearly from each of us in diaspora will be enough.
So they deserves millions of dollars to put up youtube videos that are free? Lol content is great i agree. But theres far too many scalpers of our community using the somali name tage for monetary agendas. Dalsoor will be currupted if theyve received public funding. They need to be in service to somalis for years before i can trust them. For right now theyre tryna make money off of us. Why ask for money so soon? Such a somali thing to do lol

So they deserves millions of dollars to put up youtube videos that are free? Lol content is great i agree. But theres far too many scalpers of our community using the somali name tage for monetary agendas. Dalsoor will be currupted if theyve received public funding. They need to be in service to somalis for years before i can trust them. For right now theyre tryna make money off of us. Why ask for money so soon? Such a somali thing to do lol

Obviously you never watched their videos, first1. they are showing Somalis in several videos how to reach food self sufficiency
2. How the food aid org do worked in detail
3. The expired food (exports)that comes to Somali markets
4. The unseen Ethiopian occupation in Somalia
5. Lack of Somali embassies in major cities around world (how Ethiopia is benefiting from situation)
6. Water dispute with Kenya case
7. The most important thing is connecting Somalis from north to south( reer north will see their brothers in other small town in gedo's daily life.

Obviously you never watched their videos, first1. they are showing Somalis in several videos how to reach food self sufficiency
2. How the food aid org worked in detail
3. The expired food (exports)that comes to Somali markets
4. The unseen Ethiopian occupation in Somalia
5. Lack od Somali embassies in major cities around world (how Ethiopia is benefiting from situation)
6. Water dispute with Kenya case
7. The most important thing is connecting Somalis from north to south( reer north will see their brothers in other small town in gedo's daily life.
I watched all their videos. Like i said i commend them for their work. However let them do the groundwork and earn our trust. You cant be funding random group of people. I hope they keep doing the work. Al jazeera started like them. Then the doha government started funding them

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
You're just looking for an excuse not to donate. You expect them to work for free? You realize making videos like this costs money. It's not just the time it takes to record, man hours of research and investigation go into each one, they need to pay their employees, buy equipment, pay for travel, etc. Wallahi the way you talk it's like you have no experience in the real world. Things cost money. Asking the people who watch, enjoy, and become informed their videos to donate what they can is beyond reasonable, it's practically expected.

You're just looking for an excuse not to donate. You expect them to work for free? You realize making videos like this costs money. It's not just the time it takes to record, man hours of research and investigation go into each one, they need to pay their employees, buy equipment, pay for travel, etc. Wallahi the way you talk it's like you have no experience in the real world. Things cost money. Asking the people who watch, enjoy, and become informed their videos to donate what they can is beyond reasonable, it's practically expected.
Lol honestly im just frustrated at our culture whenever we do things. We always ask for handouts. All im saying is. Try to make it on your own. Instead of asking for a handout. These guys havent even been out that long they just came out. I love donating. But for media purposes i have a diferent purpose before donating. Who knows where that money is going.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Lol honestly im just frustrated at our culture whenever we do things. We always ask for handouts. All im saying is. Try to make it on your own. Instead of asking for a handout. These guys havent even been out that long they just came out. I love donating. But for media purposes i have a diferent purpose before donating. Who knows where that money is going.
Pro-tip: If you're actually supplying a product in return for payment, it's not a fucking handout. You mentioned Al-Jazeera got funding from Doha. Where are these guys gonna get funding from? Either they get it from the community they serve, or they get bought out buy someone with their own agenda, and then they become a mouthpiece for them. If that happens you'll whine about how they sold-out, but you didn't even want to pay in the first place.

I'm not trying to attack you bro, if you don't want to donate that's your right. But don't act like it's some egregious imposition when they ask for support.

Pro-tip: If you're actually supplying a product in return for payment, it's not a fucking handout. You mentioned Al-Jazeera got funding from Doha. Where are these guys gonna get funding from? Either they get it from the community they serve, or they get bought out buy someone with their own agenda, and then they become a mouthpiece for them. If that happens you'll whine about how they sold-out, but you didn't even want to pay in the first place.

I'm not trying to attack you bro, if you don't want to donate that's your right. But don't act like it's some egregious imposition when they ask for support.
A product theyre supplying is somali stories that should be for non profit. Advertisement generations from their youtube alone should cover their costs. They should get their funding from the government of somalia. Im sure the UN has allocated funds for projects like theirs that focuses on plights of somalis. Somali faces on facebook doesnt ask for funding to continue their work? They actually give money to the people that showcase the story. Which i love. These guys dalsoor dont even do that. So why the f*ck should people donate when all their doing is setting themselves for self gains. f*ck dalsoor in my humble opinion

I watched all their videos. Like i said i commend them for their work. However let them do the groundwork and earn our trust. You cant be funding random group of people. I hope they keep doing the work. Al jazeera started like them. Then the doha government started funding them

You watched ALL of their videos so there's obviously something about the quality of their content which keeps you coming back, they make a new video 7 days a week! After watching all of their videos you don't think they deserve funding? Also, the rejected UN and NGO support, and support from Somali politicians because they want to remain independent.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
A product theyre supplying is somali stories that should be for non profit. Advertisement generations from their youtube alone should cover their costs. They should get their funding from the government of somalia. Im sure the UN has allocated funds for projects like theirs that focuses on plights of somalis. Somali faces on facebook doesnt ask for funding to continue their work? They actually give money to the people that showcase the story. Which i love. These guys dalsoor dont even do that. So why the f*ck should people donate when all their doing is setting themselves for self gains. f*ck dalsoor in my humble opinion
Non-profit doesn't mean free. It means you don't pocket a surplus after expenses. Expenses include paying your full time employees. These guys aren't the same as Somali faces. They do real investigative journalism, not just human interest stories.

Wallahi I'm done. You clearly don't know anything about journalism, business or the real world.

Who says that stories about Somalis should be free? Why? I personally think they should charge a subscription price and then release the videos after a month for free.

Also Somali faces takes photos and posts an interview. It's not as cost and labour intensive as video journalism which involves research, recording, editing and legal support.

waraabe

Your superior
I was neutral towards dalsoor but when I saw his anti Somaliland stance I urge somalilanders to boycott his channel and urge Somaliland gov to ban him immediately. This manaafiq wants us to free his homeland when he should be freeing it himself

Non-profit doesn't mean free. It means you don't pocket a surplus after expenses. Expenses include paying your full time employees. These guys aren't the same as Somali faces. They do real investigative journalism, not just human interest stories.

Wallahi I'm done. You clearly don't know anything about journalism, business or the real world.
I personally like their work Somali faces. I see the donation where it goes. Dalsoor who the f*ck knows where it will go. Im here to stand against fucking random donations lol. Its been a stigma in our community thats hindering our work ethic. These guys can fund themselves dalsoor. That jamal guy who works at channel 4. Im sure can pay the salaries of the workers. So anybody who thinks it takes millions of dollars to run a youtube is retarded. Take a look at all the youtubers. It doesnt cost alot.

I personally like their work Somali faces. I see the donation where it goes. Dalsoor who the f*ck knows where it will go. Im here to stand against fucking random donations lol. Its been a stigma in our community thats hindering our work ethic. These guys can fund themselves dalsoor. That jamal guy who works at channel 4. Im sure can pay the salaries of the workers. So anybody who thinks it takes millions of dollars to run a youtube is retarded. Take a look at all the youtubers. It doesnt cost alot.

Except they're only asking for £20,000 from their viewer base, and have rejected funding from elsewhere. They aim isn't to keep producing short clips, he's crowd sourcing to expand their adeego.

Except they're only asking for £20,000 from their viewer base, and have rejected funding from elsewhere. They aim isn't to keep producing short clips, he's crowd sourcing to expand their adeego.
Bro hes asking for monthly installments. Lol that adds up. I dont know why theyve rejected the funding for other people. They couldve easily drawn up legal paperwork as to having no say in journalist work. Anyways i hope they do continue their work. If they ever threaten to shut down. I will make a one time donation to continue their work.

Bro hes asking for monthly installments. Lol that adds up. I dont know why theyve rejected the funding for other people. They couldve easily drawn up legal paperwork as to having no say in journalist work. Anyways i hope they do continue their work. If they ever threaten to shut down. I will make a one time donation to continue their work.

Its not by force, $5-10 a month for one year is not going to break anyone's bank. If someone can't afford it, they dont have to pay. Only a couple thousand people need to donate out of millions of viewers. The rejected it because they didn't want any debt to anyone, to maintain the integrity of their journalism. I don't know why you're so against them and why you keep bringing up Somali Faces which is totally different platform.

Its not by force, $5-10 a month for one year is not going to break anyone's bank. If someone can't afford it, they dont have to pay. Only a couple thousand people need to donate out of millions of viewers. The rejected it because they didn't want any debt to anyone, to maintain the integrity of their journalism. I don't know why you're so against them and why you keep bringing up Somali Faces which is totally different platform.
Its just weird. Like these guys basically slammed the somali community with these videos the last 7 months. And then ask for donations of monthly installements. I just dont like their agenda. It has curruption written all over it. Crowd source funding if they fucking really wanted to be transparent. They shouldve laid out the costs of every single fucking thing
Instead of asking for a lump sum. Tell me how much it costs for electricity in your building? Or video editing software? Or the internet connection? Or the journalist travel costs in and around somalia? Break it down. When white organizations crowd fund. They template the costs of thier projects. These fuckin xooolos are asking for money without telling us how much stuff costs. Somali faces are fuckin legends to me. Because whn you donate you saved a family. These guys are crooks f*ck dalsoor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending