Leaving Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cosmos, where else do you find Juj and Majuj? I know they are biblical stories as well. Similarities of stories within Abrahamic faiths is not a problem actually, they are just the proof that the source is one, and the source being one is not problematic because Islam teaches there is only one God who revealed information throughout human history. It culminates with the Quran so to speak as a final book and the Quran helps set the record straight and fix issues with these prior religions. But, I am interested in where else you found similar stories? What you think is problematic usually helps the case of others arguing as your opponents. But you have thick skull and wouldn't know that. But anyway, share where else you found similar stories.

Also, Imamu Tabari Translation you quoted, mention the book and the page. I looked for it and didn't find anything solid online. I want to verify something, more like seeing the entire page of that book of his etc.

See, I can be civil when I want. I want you to relax before the next sledge hummer finds the base of your skull( metaphorically speaking btw, I know you atheists are sensitive beings who take things literal sometimes).

Last edited:

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
This video was absolute bs,obviously allah would shield them from us and make them invisible to the naked eye,the whole purpose for them to be held was to stop them from creating mischief in the land and allah probably put in place certain adequate measures necessary to ensure that they evade human interference,and this is primarily for our own sake.If they were still here we would all be decimated by the sheer numbers and troublesome power of these people.This video was by far the most bland video i have come across and my mind was not intellectually stimulated rather i'm afraid that i've lost vital brains cell,:kodaksmiley:

You ever heard of Occam's razor?
:bell:

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Cosmos, where else do you find Juj and Majuj? I know they are biblical stories as well. Similarities of stories within Abrahamic faiths is not a problem actually, they are just the proof that the source is one, and the source being one is not problematic because Islam teaches there is only one God who revealed information throughout human history. It culminates with the Quran so to speak as a final book and the Quran helps set the record straight and fix issues with these prior religions. But, I am interested in where else you found similar stories? What you think is problematic usually helps the case of others arguing as your opponents. But you have thick skull and wouldn't know that. But anyway, share where else you found similar stories.

Also, Imamu Tabari Translation you quoted, mention the book and the page. I looked for it and didn't find anything solid online. I want to verify something, more like seeing the entire page of that book of his etc.

I have a thick skull? :leon:

The whole Gog and Magog thing arises from the myths and legends that were associated with Alexander the Great almost straight after he died. Many legends arose about him and some of these resemble the Jewish tales that were passed on to the younger abrahamic religions who simply took what the Jews had said. In fact, Dhul Qarnayn means the two horned one and Alexander the Great was already known by that at the time of Islam. Reality is, much of what Islam entails like the Hajj and Salah are things that were found in pagan and other religions.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
"Legends began to develop soon after his premature death. Alexander's relentless energy and apparently limitless ambition drove him to explore remote parts of the world inhabited by strange peoples and monsters, investigate the wonders of the heavens and the depths of the sea, and seek out the secrets of true wisdom and immortal life. It is these legendary journeys that are recounted in the Romance of Alexander that originated as a Greek text, but soon proved popular in innumerable versions and translations that were spawned across western Europe, the Middle East and India. The Mythical Quest explores these legends as illustrated in western medieval manuscripts, drawings and tapestries, and in Persian, Mughal and Indian manuscripts from the fifteenth to eighteenth centuries."

http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/features/mythical/alexander.html

I have a thick skull? :leon:

The whole Gog and Magog thing arises from the myths and legends that were associated with Alexander the Great almost straight after he died. Many legends arose about him and some of these resemble the Jewish tales that were passed on to the younger Abrahamic religions who simply took what the Jews had said. In fact, Dhul Qarnayn means the two horned one and Alexander the Great was already known by that at the time of Islam. Reality is, much of what Islam entails like the Hajj and Salah are things that were found in pagan and other religions.

Like I said, logically looking at the similar things found in all cultures pertaining to religion, it is in line with what Islam says about mankind's religion being Islam and the source being their creator. So stories get added and subtracted over the millennia, what you see as a problem and not so unique to Islam is in fact what gives legitimacy to Islam being an Old religion practiced by mankind but with some corrections.

Nothing solid in Islamic tradition says the two horned is alexander the great. Many rejected that suggestion simply because the Quran portrays the two-horned as monotheist whilst Alexander was not.

I was excited hoping to see some new cultures teaching the same thing. One man's poison is another man's cure as they say. And yes, it is not only Muslims that can have a thick skull, apparently, you share the traits. But you are blind to see that.

It is Friday, so I am not gonna be around for too long, but it was fun.

PS: The hajj was a tradition always and Jews practiced it until they stopped. Abraham was instructed to call people from all over the area to perform hajj after he built the ka'ba. The verses indicate that. How is that problematic?

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir

See, I can be civil when I want. I want you to relax before the next sledge hummer finds the base of your skull( metaphorically speaking btw, I know you atheists are sensitive beings who take things literal sometimes).

"I know they are biblical stories as well. Similarities of stories within Abrahamic faiths is not a problem actually, they are just the proof that the source is one"

What's more likely, that all three are revelations of a supernatural Deity which an Angel passed on to an Arab merchant or that Muhammad was aware of some of the various narrations and traditions of nearby Biblical tribes given we know there were Jews and Xtians in Arabia at the time.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Like I said, logically looking at the similar things found in all cultures pertaining to religion, it is in line with what Islam says about mankind's religion being Islam and the source being their creator. So stories get added and subtracted over the millennia, what you see as a problem and not so unique to Islam is in fact what gives legitimacy to Islam being an Old religion practiced by mankind but with some corrections.

Nothing solid in Islamic tradition says the two horned is alexander the great. Many rejected that suggestion simply because the Quran portrays the two-horned as monotheist whilst Alexander was not.

I was excited hoping to see some new cultures teaching the same thing. One man's poison is another man's cure as they say. And yes, it is not only Muslims that can have a thick skull, apparently, you share the traits. But you are blind to see that.

It is Friday, so I am not gonna be around for too long, but it was fun.

PS: The hajj was a tradition always and Jews practiced it until they stopped. Abraham was instructed to call people from all over the area to perform hajj after he built the ka'ba. The verses indicate that. How is that problematic?

This is precisely the problem with Islam. None of these stories give Islam legitimacy because all of these stories are Middle Eastern and Islam incorporated into its faith. From a historical perspective, Islam came after and thus cannot claim legitimacy as being older than those religions. Do you have any evidence to corroborate that claim? There is a reason why Islam is dated to the seventh century and not before that.

I agree that sources don't explicitly say it's him but the majority of scholars have always viewed it as Alexander.

Essentially you're calling me thick skulled but what you're doing is Islamisation of history. You're looking at history and claiming that Islam came first and everybody distorted the true face of religion. Again, I'm not be stubborn on purpose but I'm simply asking for evidence which you are reluctant to provide. If your claims are true, where is the evidence?

Again, you have no evidence for your claims about the hajj. History is clear that it was the pagan Arabs that practices these traditions and then Muhammad simply changed the origin story. In fact, Ibn Abbas was originally against the whole Safa and Marwa claiming that it was paganism, however he was disregarded.

Simply put, provide evidence for your claims otherwise everything you just said can be dismissed as absolute rubbish, as it is in academic settings.

"I know they are biblical stories as well. Similarities of stories within Abrahamic faiths is not a problem actually, they are just the proof that the source is one"

What's more likely, that all three are revelations of a supernatural Deity which an Angel passed on to an Arab merchant or that Muhammad was aware of some of the various narrations and traditions of nearby Biblical tribes given we know there were Jews and Xtians in Arabia at the time.

You must know if you read Islam well that:

- Islam does not hide similarities between Judaism and christinaity, in fact jews and chrsitians are challenged to follow the correct tradition they are familiar with through the Quran. Islam invited everyone because the expectation is that people will be familiar with it.

- Islam calls their religion ISLAM because the word means submission to the creator inline with their original monotheistic teachings.

- Islam teaches prophets are bothers and their messages are one, that is why Islam has non arab prophets and their stories as Islam is not ethnic

- What matches Islam in those religions are correct, some of their stories called Israelite can be taken as long as they don't contradict Quran/hadith teachings

I find it interesting how Islam doesn't deny the validity of all mankind's religions but seeks to correct them accordingly. It is liberal religion among religions in such a way that it presents itself as universal whilst other religions became localized and ethnic based like Judaism and Chrsitianity became a religion for Christ rather than for His God as he preached.

."The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah – that which We have sent by inspiration to thee – and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than Allah, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them. Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him). 42:13

Last edited:
Others can join now that Cosmos is behaving well :russ:

I need some fuel/sugar for my brain to function.

Happy Friday everyone including to the Atheist Clan.

Later.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
You must know if you read Islam well that:

- Islam does not hide similarities between Judaism and christinaity, in fact jews and chrsitians are challenged to follow the correct tradition they are familiar with through the Quran. Islam invited everyone because the expectation is that people will be familiar with it.

- Islam calls their religion ISLAM because the word means submission to the creator inline with their original monotheistic teachings.

- Islam teaches prophets are bothers and their messages are one, that is why Islam has non arab prophets and their stories as Islam is not ethnic

- What matches Islam in those religions are correct, some of their stories called Israelite can be taken as long as they don't contradict Quran/hadith teachings

I find it interesting how Islam doesn't deny the validity of all mankind's religions but seeks to correct them accordingly. It is liberal religion among religions in such a way that it presents itself as universal whilst other religions became localized and ethnic based like Judaism and Chrsitianity became a religion for Christ rather for His God as he preached.

."The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah – that which We have sent by inspiration to thee – and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than Allah, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them. Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him). 42:13

Is there any proof that Islam is the true religion that was corrupted? All you're doing is just using the Quran as evidence for itself which is basically laughable.

Simply put, you have no evidence that Islam came before. Islam, therefore, can be suggested as a religion that was influenced by its neighbouring religions and then established a reason behind why it's so similar to those religions. There is no evidence if there being a true religion that was then corrupted mate.

SenseSays

Years to look forward to
Hopefully we start a healthy discussion .

I don't even need to read the rest of thread to know what the replies are gonna say. Just because they preach love at the service doesn't mean that's all there is to SBC. You just can't jump to conclusions, use your resources and educate yourself on things you question and things you are interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending